Spartans Home

Looking for a good City Building game

Hunter~SPARTA~

Been itching for a good city builder for a little while now. In the past I've thoroughly enjoyed Pharaoh and the whole Stronghold series... so looking for something in that vein of the genre.

I gave Anno 2070 a spin tonight but just could not get the hang of it and got frustrated, then gave up. Graphics were decent, just had no tutorial or hardly any help at all to get started. Pretty sure the first task in the first campaign mission was bugged too; even after Google-ing a walk-through, could not get past it.

Right now I am downloading demos for both Tropico 4 and Cities XL. Anyone have any other suggestions?

- JHunter

Cities XL wasn't very good in my opinion (though admittedly I didn't play it very long). Haven't tried Tropico. Dawn of Discovery (AKA Anno 1404) was very addicting, and I couldn't really get into Anno 2070 either--but I loved Dawn of Discovery. Sim City Societies was OK, Settlers 7 was fun (though I don't think I made it past the demo).

I'd recommend Dawn of Discovery and Settlers 7. Both have demos, so give em a try.

Been itching for a good city builder for a little while now. In the past I've thoroughly enjoyed Pharaoh and the whole Stronghold series... so looking for something in that vein of the genre.

I gave Anno 2070 a spin tonight but just could not get the hang of it and got frustrated, then gave up. Graphics were decent, just had no tutorial or hardly any help at all to get started. Pretty sure the first task in the first campaign mission was bugged too; even after Google-ing a walk-through, could not get past it.

Right now I am downloading demos for both Tropico 4 and Cities XL. Anyone have any other suggestions?

- JHunter

Simcity DELUXE (old but something else )(i still play that ..)(if u need a save or help ring ring )

(Or try Civilization IV has city building government religion WAR (if needed) and many other things ..)

- JHunter

*cough* minecraft *cough* #some1had2sayit

Edited by Tyler~SPARTA~

About time this forum had some face palm rofl

What are you doing posting at that time in a mornin?

You should b in bed with ur water bottle!!

Rofl...

Edited by Cent~SPARTA~