Spartans Home

Invasion 1944 2.6

Zeno~SPARTA~

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the downloads on the download site for you convenience, of course you could go to armaholics and download it from there, here is the link

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=12465

Arma is a brilliant game but the mods that make it brilliant are a double edged sword. People are under the mistaken impression that I am trying convince them to play this mod, I am not. I let people know that it was available to play, that is all.

well i've been playing with the guys for the last couple of days, what I can say is, having no scoped weapons on the allied side is a bummer, since the AI can hit you from 1500m with or without scope.

allied tanks are underpowered compared to german tanks, as it was in real life. A sherman with a 76mm gun would not penetrate side armor of a king tiger. But tanking has been fun, on the german side hehehehehe. the pzIV is a beast and so is the king tiger! lets see if we can get some peoeple in on the weekend to try one of the missions out. I did try the bastogne mission with a couple of guys but we just got overrun! hahahaha

well i've been playing with the guys for the last couple of days, what I can say is, having no scoped weapons on the allied side is a bummer, since the AI can hit you from 1500m with or without scope.

allied tanks are underpowered compared to german tanks, as it was in real life. A sherman with a 76mm gun would not penetrate side armor of a king tiger. But tanking has been fun, on the german side hehehehehe. the pzIV is a beast and so is the king tiger! lets see if we can get some peoeple in on the weekend to try one of the missions out. I did try the bastogne mission with a couple of guys but we just got overrun! hahahaha

We did not get over run. I held my flank. I died a few times and had to run back but by god I held

Played the allies today, the springfield with a scope is good (dont like the scope on the Lee Enfield) and the bazooka is effective against the lesser tanks. Thomson is good for close stuff. Not as difficult as I thought. Note, the Stukas are a ball ache, the ai is very accurate at dropping its bomb right on your noggin.

PS: The B17 will be deleted tomorrow.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bombing with the B17 destroys cover and fells trees. I cant see through fallen trees but they dont even exist for the AI. Close air support is fine, but no carpet bombing. Anyway you cant land the B17, the base was littered with wrecks from your attempts, lol.

I am working on the domi west version, The B17 has been deleted, but I have added some crew served weapons;

3 x 57mm AT

3 x M2 anti air

2x M1 mortars

these can be loaded into the "salvage" truck (that can build a farp). This vehicle can now also load and unload ammo boxes.

All of the Jeeps at the base carry

M37DemoKit x 12

M1A1Bazooka x 2

PIAT x 2

Rocket_60mm_M6A1_M1A1Bazooka x 12

Grenade_PIATMk3 x 12

HandGrenade_No82 x 30

Additionally the Half tracks carry

30rd_77x56R_Mix_Bren x 15

50rd_762x63_Mix_M1919 x 15

10rd_77x56R_Ball_LeeEnfield x 30

5rd_762x63_AP_M1903 x 30

8rd_762x63_Mix_M1Garand x 30

30rd_1143x23_Ball_M1A1Thompson x 30

Once I have sorted the west version I will work on the German equivalent.

If you have any other ideas let me know.

We did not get over run. I held my flank. I died a few times and had to run back but by god I held

LOL i was forced to fall back after my AI posse died all the way back to the freaking base\spawnpoint and got killed there 3 times b4 we could advance again and made the bumrush on the mortarposition....this mission+ more AI and more players would be awesome.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bombing with the B17 destroys cover and fells trees. I cant see through fallen trees but they dont even exist for the AI. Close air support is fine, but no carpet bombing. Anyway you cant land the B17, the base was littered with wrecks from your attempts, lol.

We have a EBE2.0!!

I was 3 grids north of an AO last night and it was carpet bombed about 30trees were just laying there dead...it looked like the picture below.....get skaz off the flight list! trololol :banana_dance:

www-boston-com__m34_00822054.jpg

One of the problems we have is that from time to time the air drop fails to make it. I have edited a version of the west domination where the Dakotas can load and drop ammo boxes, but they have to land. I have also added the AN2, obviously this is out of place but it has a stall speed of 54kph with full flaps, it is a great STOL aircraft. I am not good enough to land this in a field but it can be done. To be clear the dakotas and AN2 can load boxes from the ammo point or pick up a box that is near them.

This version is on the server should you want to try it out.

[i44_2_6]domZb_2_60zc_west.Chernarus

One of the problems we have is that from time to time the air drop fails to make it. I have edited a version of the west domination where the Dakotas can load and drop ammo boxes, but they have to land. I have also added the AN2, obviously this is out of place but it has a stall speed of 54kph with full flaps, it is a great STOL aircraft. I am not good enough to land this in a field but it can be done. To be clear the dakotas and AN2 can load boxes from the ammo point or pick up a box that is near them.

This version is on the server should you want to try it out.

[i44_2_6]domZb_2_60zc_west.Chernarus

I can confirm that it is more than possible. One could land the colt inside say the AO underfire on a road. Not advised but possible.

I can confirm that it is more than possible. One could land the colt inside say the AO underfire on a road. Not advised but possible.

Not as impressive as landing a C130 on a side of mt GurDur :X hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wENL6tVESg

We have a EBE2.0!! (hahahhaahahaha true )

I was 3 grids north of an AO last night and it was carpet bombed about 30trees were just laying there dead...it looked like the picture below.....get skaz off the flight list! trololol :banana_dance:

www-boston-com__m34_00822054.jpg

Hey isn't this what happened in TUNGUSKA

zeno nice fixes will u mary me :poster_oops:

Edited by EBE

Actually i did look for the Tunguska event to find a picture that resembled Skaz' mayhem...but found that the eruption of Mount St Helens gave better results.

yes teamkilling noob, the sherman incident was with the stuka afterwards....

Wait,you tkd Roach with a sherman too?! hes gonna think we hate him?! :thumbsup_anim: