Spartans Home

BF3 Beta - I GOT IT !!!!

Batwing~SPARTA~

YEPPIEEE !! WHY I AM AT WORK AND I SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL MAIL AND I HAVE TO WAIT 6 HOURS BEFORE GETTING THERE !!!

Ok so, all is done thru Origin client. No browser link to redeem code.

You will redeem your code withing Origin, then you ll go to the Beta Download now link and you'll play !! I will not.. till this late afternoon!! grrrr

Unz - Unz - Unz.... Bada Bim Bada bum !

Legion Of Sparta Platoon started [LOS]

Me, Carter (Vimto_Voom) and KalXen in so far. Seems to be a few bugs with the friends section, it's not syncing with Origin friends list.

Do a search in Platoons for Legion and you should find mine and one Jhunter started too.

Send a join request.

Notes of my first 4-5 game experience today..

Website/Startup:

• You go to the website, and can see you stats, fellow players, and their new feeds. Much like a special Facebook for BF3 only.
  • You can create a "platoon", of which there is a founder and members. You can make multiple platoons, be a member of multiple platoons, but select one as primary. I didn't see anything in a game that would associate someone to a platoon (no tags on peoples names, etc)
  • NONE of the Origin friends come over into game. Looks like we have to add everyone manually again.
  • To play on a server, you can click on a friend to play with them, go to favorite servers, or do quick play. Making a game connection seems to be tightly held within the browser, and in about the same amount of time to join a BF2 server. Once the loading is done, it immediately pops up the game window with you able to select our kit and spawn.
  • Not sure if it was a server setting or a BETA thing, but you can't create a squad, or even pick a squad to join. You are basically just put into one by the server. So even if you try to join your friends, it doesn't mean you can control whether you play with or against them.

Performance:

• Changing your video settings is odd, since you have to do them not only within game, but once you have actually spawned. Once you spawn, you can hit escape and change them.
  • It seems to tries to do a best fit for performance when you first start, and it started me in windowed mode and seemed very smooth.
  • As far as performance, with my Core I7 920 w/ GTX 260, I get @ 35 fps windowed, but if I go fullscreen it drops to 24 FPS and very choppy. (used FRAPS)

In-game experiences:

• You see tons on your HUD - all those little blue dots for where your team mates are, etc can be confusing if you don't know the map.
  • Red dots don't always show for the enemy.
  • Snipers can be seen from time to time in their hideouts given the reflection of light off their scopes makes a sunbeam flash where they are.
  • Movement seems very open.. being able to vault over barrels and walls seems a lot like Brink.
  • You can deploy your tripod for support weapons easily when in crouched mode or when you come up to a wall.
  • Ranged suppression fire bonuses, along with kickback etc gives a very realistic feel to the weapon accuracy and impact.
  • Mouse scroll wheel can pick your weapons, but its not an infinite scroll. Your primary weapon is on top of the list, and accessories on bottom. If you scroll to bottom it does not flip to top.