Spartans Home

Mission Play Signup

custard~SPARTA~

I intend to play a mission on Sunday start 8.00pm ish UK time

Lingor ACE2 sthud Digital compass required

NO RESPAWN NO REVIVE

9 slots inc me, I will post a few more details later. I will lead unless there is somebody that would like to do the role

Lingor 1.1 appears to have been replaced by the new version all over the web WHICH WE ARE NOT USING, please use our download site from this link if you do not have it. This download includes mbg.buildings, brg.africa and ibr.plants ALL REQUIRED.

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/section.php?id=Arma+2+Operation+Arrowhead

Lingor units, ACE2 1.11 are also required please get from same link.

Digital compass get here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7871&highlight=DIGITAL+COMPASS

Sthud get here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936&highlight=STHUD

You do not need to run another version of CBA to make Sthud work the CBA used with ACE2 is good.

Team so far

Custard

Rizzle

Zeno possible?

Batwing

Peter

Shinobo possible

Cent possible

i am at BON JOVI concert (providing security or getting drunk )

some say i look a bit like these two guys..

without hair

naturebornkillers.jpg

With hair

christian_slater_001_081807.jpg

But most off all i look like me Dad woehahahaha :offtopic:

Got tickets for outdoor local festival with lifts there and back so I'm not going to be around, if you wish to go ahead without me here is a bit of extra info.

Mission is called CO-09A_GR:IT_01_WatchfulYeomanNOREVIVE1

The version on the server is not working I have a new one in the downloads folder of the server Sunday morning when nobody is playing I will stop the servers and put the good one in.

The mission is medic only using medic kit and only the 2 medics carry any medical supplies, both medics carry crappy optics on their main weapon as does the team leader this is deliberate to get these guys to concentrate on their primary roles. Heads up Medics can only apply supplies that are in there belt kit not stuff in there backpack.

All players are carrying about 34kilos of kit, grenadiers have lots of spare M203 rounds in backpack and another player is carrying spare ammo for the machinegunner etc. No role is required to complete any objective but you are going to need everyone working hard to keep each other alive best of luck.

i am getting a terrible d/l speed from the sprata d/l section has taken 8 hours to get to 50 % at this rate guys im sorry wont be able to play? im updating ace1.11 btw!

is there anywhere else i can get it?

Edited by BPR_Rizzla

it took me less than 1 hour madness, if you get it anywhere else it will be in multiple parts and i wouldn't advise that mate

Halli

Dai-san

Luggage

Batwing

Cent

Peter

Shinobi

Considering the difficulty level congrats all on how far we got and thank you for the turnout. We are not a hardcore realism squad but a community of friends that game together although I have to admit one life only and a fair bit of realism is by far my personel preference it is not everybodies. As this was a reasonable success I will make efforts to convert all of Lightspeeds missions to ACE2 with ACE wounds no respawn no revive and try my best to promote this type of gameplay for anyone that is interested.

For our next attempt I'm going to take out one in three or one in four of the enemy AI in this mission to see if it is more our level.

Constructive critism.

Those that are not farmiliar with the complexities of ACE2 and the difficulty of no respawn missions need to get up to speed as quickly as possible with things like

Using the ACE keys for 'examine' to heal etc

Droping 'Ruck' to use as object to rest weapon on

Listening to team/squad leader (even if you think orders are retarded),keeping formation and a 360 coverage.

Using the correct terminolgy and all the oscar mike shit is sometimes bollocks and distracting but for future reference so more of us understand what is happening it would be helpfull if

a. Dead men don't talk, when your dead or incapacitated don't give enemy positions away to your friends. I welcome chit chat banter (in moderation) as long as it doesn't distract live players.

b. 'Man down' I'm informed means friendly down, ever since Medic pointed this out to me it freaks me out when I hear it used incorrectly, when we could use 'tango' or 'contact' down.

If you are unsure of something or get the wtf is going on thing just ask we are only playing games.

Custard

I have edited the mission to add respawn as seagul so not so boring if you die early, I have also removed one patrol and reduced the amount of enemy in several.

I wouldn't mind trying the mission tonight if any are interested 8.00pm UK time.