Spartans Home

Favorite Movie Quote?

MedicSN6

Post your favorite movie quote. It can be serious, funny, philosophical, or just a plain and simple "Fuck Yeah" moment.

My favorite quote....

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

What's yours?

I don't know if I can choose a single favorite... but this one is up there on the list, for me:

Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard, why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can.

- JHunter

Edited by JHunter~SPARTA~

Okay let's modify this a bit. Please include the name of the film.

I didn't post mine because I thought it was obvious. But, nevertheless, it is from Gladiator when he finally reveals himsels to Commodus.

"Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."

Big Trouble in Little China

"You're a funny man, Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

Commando

Too many to possibly choose from. Here's a two.

"Hey, Sweden!"

- MacReady (Kurt Russel) calling out to Norwegians in John Carpenters' The Thing.

"Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir."

- General "Buck" Turgeson (George C. Scott) in Kubrick's Dr. Srangelove.

from 2 brilliant films, the first being my fav film of all time :)

both are used in similar ways i.e. someone is gonna die when they are said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnXKRfdb8&feature=related

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSec4dCpZwY#t=2m29s

Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim.It is your evil that will be sought by us.With every breath, we shall hunt them down.Each day we will spill their blood til it rains down from the skies.Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three and on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to which ever god you wish.And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti
Edited by PANiC

"Take your Èored down the left flank. Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death!"

DON'T SHOOT AT THE THERMAL NUCLEAR DETONATER

priceless haha JOHN TRAVOLTA

dumb muscle is always funny

the power of love ,or the love for power....

Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!

[trumpets play a fanfare as the camera cuts briefly to the sight of a majestic castle]

King Arthur: [in awe] Camelot!

Sir Galahad: [in awe] Camelot!

Sir Lancelot: [in awe] Camelot!

Patsy: [derisively] It's only a model!

King Arthur: Shh!

AND

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]

King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?

Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.

King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.

Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.

Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...

Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...

Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Brother Maynard: Amen.

All: Amen.

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.

Galahad: Three, sir.

King Arthur: Three.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - the greatest movie to be made, without harming any Llama's during it's production, ever!!!

Cheech: [seeing a jar with a yellowish fluid inside] Hey Man, what took you so long. Hey, can I have some of that man, let me have a sip.

Chong: What, this, oh here.

[hands him the jar]

Cheech: Yeah man... wait a minute,

[sniffs the inside]

Cheech: Hey man, that's pee!

Chong: Of course.

Cheech: Hey man, what are you doing with pee, man?

Chong: It's for my probation officer.

Cheech: What, does he drink pee?

Chong: No man, he said he wanted me to bring some in next time, but I forgot to rinse the jar out first, and once he sees the mayonnaise floatin' around, he'll think I'm on some weird drug again, and I'm really gonna f**k with his mind this time.

Cheech: Yeah, what did you do?

Chong: Put my SISTERS pee in it.

Cheech: [laughs it out] Your sister?

Chong: Yeah, she's pregnant!

[both laugh]

Text From IMDb