Spartans Home

Domination Etiquette

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Things are getting pretty stupid in the public server lately, and it's mainly our fault for not keeping some of the rules we've always lived by here at Sparta. We've relaxed them since OA since we don't have our old Domination version anymore that pretty much enforced itself. Some of the people who have joined our server after OA may not be aware of them. We apologize for that, but the developers who modded the old Dom are working on some things that will be much better down the pipeline. Until then, we are forced to strike a balance in being assholes and keeping the server running smoothly. Below is a short list of "etiquette" that we expect all our visitors to abide by.

1. Teamspeak: Enter a channel and wait a couple seconds before speaking. That should give you time to determine if the ones speaking are coordinating with each other. The teamspeak channels are there for occasional BS, but NEVER talk over anyone who is trying to coordinate with each other. There are channels for social chat at the bottom.

2. Attack Choppers: No one should be flying around the map and attacking targets without permission from someone on the ground. If you are seen firing on tanks indiscriminately, (i.e. running/gunning with chopper) then you will be taken off the fly list immediately (before you can land). It will be up to the other admins as to when you are reinstated, if at all.

3. Side Missions: These should be treated as a light version of TacDom, meaning one leader is selected and a plan is made, which is followed. It's always been a segue into helping folks get used to TacDom, and hopefully it will be like that again. Those wishing to go on a Side Mission need to join the Side Mission TS Channel.

4. The right-of-way on the Main AO always goes to the group working as a team. Running/Gunning is (discouraged, but) allowed on the public server, but if you clearly see a group working their way to a camp/tower/ect, let them have it. Pay attention in TS and you will know who the ones working together are.

After this post, there will be no more warnings, and if you decide not to keep with the etiquette, you will be taken off the fly list immediately. One warning because everyone who is on the flight list is a member of our forums, they can all read, and I'm tired of warning everyone. If you have issues, put them here or PM an admin.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have issues, put them here or PM an admin.

I've tried to pm admins before on this forum but I don't have the rights to even look them up. Is that something that can be taken care of?

Honestly i don't see any reason to keep AH 64 or A10/F35 except occasionally used AV8 LGB on current OA map. AO's are just too small.

As much as I like me some Apache... I can't disagree with this. OA maps simply lend themselves all too well to ground pounding/cqb to have half of an AO blown away by a single bomb run, solicited or otherwise.

The AH64 is there to clear the path to the AO for the MHQ transport and to protect the base, which sometimes comes under heavy attack. On the public server getting the MHQ into position for every AO is my number 1 priority, the Attack helicopter helps in this regard.

The AH64 is there to clear the path to the AO for the MHQ transport and to protect the base, which sometimes comes under heavy attack. On the public server getting the MHQ into position for every AO is my number 1 priority, the Attack helicopter helps in this regard.

Zeno, it could be valid point on TacDom, where most of action is pre-planed.

But for me it's direct against Durka's rule about happy hunting.

You cannot clear path to AO if you are not of free hunt. Special if you dont know what path transport going to take.

As for defense, its just easier and faster to use javelin or MAWs

I repeat, on the public server getting the MHQ swiftly and safely into position for each AO is THE number 1 priority. I put the AH64 into the mission specifically for the purposes I described earlier.

During Durkas prime time the server is quite busy and from what I hear manic. Most of the time I am on, there are fewer people playing and I am happy for the AH64 to perform the tasks I described. I just dont want it in the AO. This may appear inconsistent with what Durka has said, but interpretation and enforcement of rules may not be the same when there are 5 players on and when there are 25 players.

Just so it's absolutely clear....

Attack Choppers: No one should be flying around the map and attacking targets without permission from someone on the ground. If you are seen firing on tanks indiscriminately, (i.e. running/gunning with chopper) then you will be taken off the fly list immediately (before you can land). It will be up to the other admins as to when you are reinstated, if at all.

If the person in charge of planning the mission for the next AO asks the apache to fly close to them and clear a path to the setup point, there is nothing inconsistant with that. It would be inconsistant if somebody asked the apache to clear a path, then that apache went about 5 miles off-course and started attacking the side mission or something else. It would be inconsistant if the apache cleared the path, then went around the map afterwards running/gunning. The apache is useful, if it's in a close air support role, but used without any direction and it ends up becoming a pain for those seeking a challenge out of this game. By "challenge" I mean it takes thought to see an AO, find ways to best insert into it, and then fight your way out. There's no challenge in looking at a red dot on the map, jumping near it, and sitting in a stationary position plinking off targets at random. Domination wasn't designed for that, even though it can be played that way.

And to be clear, these aren't Durka's rules, but conduct that has been established by all Spartans from months of playing this game. And sometimes these rules can be fudged here and there, dependant on who's on. The best thing to take away here is, before you act, take about 3sec to think about the other 10+ players on the server.

I have been trying to crack down on the choppers lately...but it seems some non-sparta members do not care to listen to the rules and would rather continue with it.

Zeno...should we be pming you names for removal from flight list if need be?

As to the rules...i think they could stand to be slightly stricter, but i dont know how well this would go over on the server so i think enforcement will be key.

We Spartans need to get off our butts and keep things organized. I have noticed often there are several sparta people on but then nobody is coordinating things. Maybe not to the extent of a mission commander, but at times this is very useful, especially when air assets are up. I think it is our duty to at least provide logistical guidance when we are on. For example...whenever an AO is cleared i always try to organize (or at the very least confirm it is happening) the repositioning of the MHQ. Often times this means i end up moving it myself, which is not a problem but the point is that we should be taking the lead somewhat here. I will personally volunteer to act in this function anytime i am on.

Of course, we dont need 8 different Sparta people screaming for things all the time...just once person to make sure the MHQ moves, we designate a good spot for it and hopefully designate a decent approach and if need be call in arty/air assets. I think this will keep things moving smoothly and the gameplay level up to par with our standards.

Just to clarify.

Are we clear to engage side mission with Air AS if you are attempting it on your own??

I.e clearing Armour from Side then clearing on foot??

Other than that i enjoy moving ppl/assets around with the ch47 too much to care about the ah64.

I have been trying to crack down on the choppers lately...but it seems some non-sparta members do not care to listen to the rules and would rather continue with it.

Zeno...should we be pming you names for removal from flight list if need be?

As to the rules...i think they could stand to be slightly stricter, but i dont know how well this would go over on the server so i think enforcement will be key.

We Spartans need to get off our butts and keep things organized. I have noticed often there are several sparta people on but then nobody is coordinating things. Maybe not to the extent of a mission commander, but at times this is very useful, especially when air assets are up. I think it is our duty to at least provide logistical guidance when we are on. For example...whenever an AO is cleared i always try to organize (or at the very least confirm it is happening) the repositioning of the MHQ. Often times this means i end up moving it myself, which is not a problem but the point is that we should be taking the lead somewhat here. I will personally volunteer to act in this function anytime i am on.

Of course, we dont need 8 different Sparta people screaming for things all the time...just once person to make sure the MHQ moves, we designate a good spot for it and hopefully designate a decent approach and if need be call in arty/air assets. I think this will keep things moving smoothly and the gameplay level up to par with our standards.

HERE! HERE! clapping.gif

I am not a SPARTAN but throughly enjoy and respect organized game play. Keeping it loose is one thing, but getting to the point where TS sounds like XBOX Live, is quite another.

I have noticed a concerted effort being made by some to reel in the chaos and lay some ground rules, which in some cases are blatantly ignored. My opinion is that the person be addressed right then and there for their complete disregard to what is being attempted. It has been my experience that consequence is the ultimate deterrent.

Edited by Hajimoto

I just want everyone to keep in mind that this post wasn't in response to any one event, but rather a collection of happenings over the past few weeks. So don't anyone think that anyone is being called out specifically. That will never happen and is not our intention here.

ok well im glad this topic has come up - i am happy to deal with players who aren't playing in the spirit of the game but i need to know the admin login details and also need my TS Admin rights which i appear to have lost.

the other thing i wanted to add quickly which i mentioned the other day - players sitting on high ground with armor units and raining hell down on the AO from above is also not in the spirit of the game and i want that to cease immediately.

and the swearing to be reduced by some players - in the public servers.

I always (like to) teamplay. (thats why i come to these severs and TS) :allgood:

But sometimes people don't listen :clapping: (to me..) (NOT all.. )(they dont have to offcourse..!!(bad voice irritating english ) <_< ,I only want to help out :bowing: ; making groups and get things done (mhq in place, obj tower, ect..)

If i did something wrong.. usually i was trying something for the benefit of the group (my thoughts), or just stupidity (happens) ..sorry for that then ..

People (me included.. sometimes) CURSE cause they can't express whats really on there mind.. :wallbash:

After this said .

U can count on me..

Edited by EBE

@ EBE

ppl will swear in team speak at times no doubt, i do usually when i get killed "oh f*k im down" and that to me is acceptable.

but lately there have been times when some players are swearing nearly every second or third word "fu*ken this, fuc* en that god damn motherfuc*er" which is unnecessary, gets on some players nerves and also potentially leads to deterioration of the voice server.

@ EBE

ppl will swear in team speak at times no doubt, i do usually when i get killed "oh f*k im down" and that to me is acceptable.

but lately there have been times when some players are swearing nearly every second or third word "fu*ken this, fuc* en that god damn motherfuc*er" which is unnecessary, gets on some players nerves and also potentially leads to deterioration of the voice server.

Without naming names i too have noticed some extreme swearing for no apparent reason. Its not so much offensive as just plain stupid and it anoys meno end!!