Spartans Home

Domination Etiquette

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to have to remind you boneheads one more time something that is so obvious my 3yr old could understand.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE SIDE MISSION CHANNEL, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SIDE MISSIONS!!!

How clear does one have to be? It doesn't matter if the side mission is 500ft from the AO. It doesn't matter if you don't see anyone playing the side mission. It doesn't matter if no one announces they are playing a side mission. STAY AWAY.

One more thing: Police your shit up. I went to a side mission tonight that was next to a completed AO. MHQ 1 had been sitting there for about an hour, along with a chopper. Instead of going to get it, some lazy body just went to get mhq2 instead. I thought "fine, whatever they want to do, they're probably just giving it to me anyways." Guess what happens? I'm on my way back to the chopper and mhq from the side mission and i watch my chopper fly away. Now the main AO has 2 MHQs. I even texted a few times to the pilot who either wasn't paying attention or was just ignoring me. I was close to revoking rights, but I didn't because I believe he isn't a bonehead.

Durka with all respect,

He did what was right and im surprised you gave him all this shit in game.

Chopper 1 is for main AO only (should i quote guidance?)

He found C1 abandon in the middle of nowhere, he jumped there and bring it back to base.

He did RIGHT thing, he was on comms all the time.

You made mistake of taking C1 to side mission. You suppose to take C2 as we always do. If C2 was not available you should take care of doing right thing. Its easy for you, you are admin.

I do understand your frustration, but all what you have to do in this case was switch to main voice AO channel and ask for lift, you type in game instead.

You give him shit for nothing.

btw. I was against using apache and A10 on this map, its just too small. I can understand using them when there is 1-3 person on server. And im really pissed off when there is 10 guys working together (like today) and Sparta members bend rules of using air assets around AO.

Attacking active D30's when requested is fine. Making several passes and using already cleared D30's as excuse to strafing whole AO is different.

Edited by peter~SPARTA~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hear is my .02 ive noticed that some ppl dont even use the MHQ when there is alot of ppl, this is what i like to see..i think it mostly because we keep eachother alive most the time.witch i think is key..you can run The AO with or without the MHQ depends on the ppl in the game at that time..but as far as assets flying over the AO, i did notice the A-10 in the air and the Apache and i was like well i guess ill just watch the fireworks since the AO was being lite up..Just a reminder Pilots should only leave the base if called on and only by the team Leaders if needed....I understand if there is only 3-4 ppl in game using the flying assets i do when its needed.

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

Durka with all respect,

He did what was right and im surprised you gave him all this shit in game.

Chopper 1 is for main AO only (should i quote guidance?)

He found C1 abandon in the middle of nowhere, he jumped there and bring it back to base.

He did RIGHT thing, he was on comms all the time.

You made mistake of taking C1 to side mission. You suppose to take C2 as we always do. If C2 was not available you should take care of doing right thing. Its easy for you, you are admin.

I do understand your frustration, but all what you have to do in this case was switch to main voice AO channel and ask for lift, you type in game instead.

You give him shit for nothing.

I know that MHQ-1 and Ch1 are to be used for the main AO. I was the one who designed that rule in the first place. If Ch1 and MHQ-1 is to be used for the Main AO, why was it abandoned for almost an hour? Why did the pilots not come and get it? Why did they have 3 other choppers at their AO, along with MHQ-2?

You are right, though. The pilot did nothing wrong, except that he didn't take a second to observe around the chopper to see if anyone was using it at that time. I didn't give him "shit" as I see it but a lighthearted ribbing for taking the chopper 100m in front of me. I even put a ":)" If he took it the wrong way, I'll make sure to apologize to him next time he's on TS, since as I said before he's not a bonehead. I DID give that group of other people shit for finishing the side mission who had no business being there though.

I don't often switch over in TS because I don't like tabbing out too often in game, and there are mature big boys playing on the server, so they should be able to read, or at least someone in that group could see it and relay the message. I'm wondering why so many others saw that text yet never told the pilot to land and get me...

To add one more thing. I'm trying my absolute best not to be a complete ass-hole about this stuff, but the way the public server is being played lately looks like a run-n-gun free for all, which is not in line with the way Sparta plays, even on public. The main thing to take away from this is just to be considerate of others on the server, and take a minute to observe and think before you act. Domination isn't a race.

Durka,

Try to understand not all are able to follow text chatter when flying.

Some of us are older then others and prefer to focus on piloting then reading text.

We talk about person who fly on sparta servers for a year and i know him as one of few followers of the rules.

You know sometimes shit happens.

I just give you my perspective as someone who was saw this incident from the side.

If you like rules to be enforced ,fine. Its hard for me to "spank" fellow spartan for braking rules on public comms. I have no power to enforce it.

Some of you guys have admin powers i don't.

I don't mind to be a ashole who brake fun and ground pilots for doing wrong.

As DURKA stated sometimes its a little mess .. :beatdeadhorse:

I understand that some players sometimes are in a ZONE when U play . :star-wars:

And the game is progressing well ,But when it comes to EVAC's hahha things get complicated .. :poster_oops:

So what i wanted to say is il keep that in mind to do my best alittle bit better.. :thumbsup_anim:

1-See what is wrong.

2-You must act .

ect..(buddha)

I use the attack chopper too for recapturing towns .

Edited by EBE

I think we're losing the point of the whole thing here. The flying off didn't bother me at all, and it was just a little picking on the pilot, but in the context of how pissed I was at everything else, i'm sure it came out the wrong way. Like I said, it didn't bother me except for the inconvenience. What DID bother me was finding MHQ1 and a chopper abandoned for a long time.

As for enforcing the rules of ediquite...we rely on everyone at Sparta to keep each other from running-gunning. It's just simple ediquite that isn't hard to follow, if we are all considerate of others on the server.

Peter, I will kindly ask you to help police the players. You say that you have no ability to enforce. You are wrong. Many times of the day there are no admins or mods on to govern the server and keep it friendly to all. This is where members come in. You can say something in comms and/or chat to the offending player/s and if they choose to ignore you, then you drop a mod or a admin a private message on the forums. This not just your duty though. This is the duty of anyone who wants the server to be freakin' awesome, for everyone, every single day.

So, the next time you see that there are 3 choppers and two MHQ's at base feel free to say on TS, "Hey pilots, we need to clean up the AO. Bring the second MHQ back to base, we only need one. Use the first one to teleport and recover engineer ability. If you guys want to recover enemy assets and take them to the main base or FOB for future use, then now is the time. etc."

Do not let them proceed to the next objective without first recovering all U.S. assets first. This should help keep people on track and out of trouble. Don't be afraid to speak up and as in my eyes, if a Spartan is going along with what the masses want regardless of the rules they are just as culpable to a tongue lashing for not saying anything as the main offender.

Also, as a point, Peter, if you were participating with that group that Durka describes above, using multiple assets at the main AO including side mission assets, and just because that one guy recovers a chopper that durka used, does not make it okay for: 1. you to give Durka shit about it on the forums to make him look bad and like an asshole, which he is not, and 2. it makes you look like a hypocrite for being part of that main group that used the wrong assets in the first place. Durka obviously isn't going to spend extra time find and fix the proper chopper when the map looks like a military surplus sale that no one has attended in ten years. Why should he? I know I wouldn't. Since the server is having a "Do whatever the hell you want!" day, why would it matter what helo he takes? If it had been me, and had been ignored and/or gotten flak, I'd have just restarted the map without notice. We need to keep that server by the rules as much as possible to provide the best first impression to new players. With OA still being fairly new, the potential for new players is still high and is some new player joins the server to play a good game and they see some of the grabasstic game play I have seen, they are just going to turn and leave. So, please help keep it an awesome place to play by not defending the breaking of the rules and trying to use an example of doing the right thing to make someone look like an idiot.

tldr; - this is our server, run it by the rules. it is all of sparta's job to help police it.

Yesterday I had some insight into what has been frustrating Durka.

Spartas domination servers are infantry focused.

Rushing through the sidemissions to accumulate an armoured division to then rush through the main AOs is not what we do. This nearly happened yesterday and I hope I made myself clear to everyone when I stopped it. I especially didnt appreciate the way in which existing players in the AO (and on TS) were going to be disregarded.

From time to time an armoured assault is ok if everyone is onboard for it, but it's not going to happen all the time.

You can convoy to the AO and assault on foot as much as you want, and to this end we have added 2 strikers, but if we see the AOs constantly being assaulted with them they will be removed. We already had to remove the AH64 and some of the bonus vehicles because of abuse.

If you enjoy playing on our servers please pay attention to this message.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...