Spartans Home

Opfor BigDom Ver N

KalXen~SPARTA~

Starting to pull together new ideas/edits for next map:

Features:

• Verified Towns that are 400m or less in radius size are now Troop towns. No armor, but tons of troops instead. This affects 4 of the existing towns.
  • Verified Adding the 'capture the flag' element to some AO's instead of a secondary mission.
  • Verified OPFOR can heal themselves more often without need for Corpsman.
  • Verified Ambient battlefield module activated. Examples: Assault on mortar positions if they are seen, MHQ position revealed to OPFOR if its too close to AO.
  • Verified Readjusting some side missions for random suprises. Bank fixed.

Bug Fixes:

• Verified Disabled the Player Name Hud code. It was super buggy and reduced overall server/PC lag by removing it.
  • Verified Numerous fixed to "Call Drop" code. See thread for more details.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to pull together new ideas/edits for next map:

Features:

• Towns that are 400m or less in radius size are now Troop towns. No armor, but tons of troops instead. This affects 4 of the existing towns.
  • Adding the 'capture the flag' element to some AO's instead of a secondary mission.
  • Readjusting some side missions for random suprises.
  • Adding a Dr Evil sidekick like the MS Office "Clippy" that will taunt you while playing.

Bug Fixes:

• Disabled the Player Name Hud code. It was super buggy and reduced overall server/PC lag by removing it.

:lol:

Good job man

Kal

Great work mate...

BTW,...can you also look at adding in Close Air Support, Combat Air Patrols, Destruction of Enemy Air Defenses modules, NOE Terrain Following, FLIR and PNG modules and unlimited aircraft?

Thanks a bunch...

....oh shit :o

.........Stang puts on flame suit and runs like a politician leaving a church confessional, heading back towards the titty bar

is it possible to get opfor ammo crate to spawn in middle of town or to get more then one ammocrate?

is it possible for opfor to get a first aid tent - there are times when i have been gimped and cant walk but cant revive as opfor nor heal.

if i could crawl to medic tent i could fix myself.

otherwise, i f'ing love the opfor element and i think 3 slots is enuf - i dont think we need any more slots

there is a bug in M - when you spawn sometimes on opfor you are running left or right and cant stop running - good luck finding that one.

Thats for everyone, it has to do with the spectator script that Norrin uses. Arma sometimes gets a sticky key and keeps doing one of W A S or D. Solution is to just hit those buttons.

is it possible to get opfor ammo crate to spawn in middle of town or to get more then one ammocrate?

is it possible for opfor to get a first aid tent - there are times when i have been gimped and cant walk but cant revive as opfor nor heal.

otherwise, i f'ing love the opfor element and i think 3 slots is enuf - i dont think we need any more slots

Ammocrates - one is likely enough and gets you to focus on defending it.

Med-tent, sure, we can do something like that, or change the bandage system so OPFOR has a few more.

Ammocrates - one is likely enough and gets you to focus on defending it.

Med-tent, sure, we can do something like that, or change the bandage system so OPFOR has a few more.

sticky key huh lol - who woulda thunk that if i actually press the key of the direction i was heading it would fix it. thanks.

yeh with the heal system - for some reason if i get shot in legs on opfor i couldnt heal myself -is that a bug or set up this way?

but being able to heal rather then crawl around would be gr8

Its actually part of Norrin's revive system that you only get the "heal" option for yourself if you are within a certain degree of damage.. lets say light damage. But if you are severely damaged, then the Corpsman is the only one that can save you. Since OPFOR doesn't have a Corpsman, we'll have to figure out something else.

I tink this is fixed. OPFOR can use their own heal self ability anytime.

Ok, this version of map is ready. Posting to FTP for Zeno. Here are the changes:

Features:

• Verified Towns that are 400m or less in radius size are now Troop towns. No armor, but tons of troops instead. This affects 4 of the existing towns.
  • Verified Adding the 'capture the flag' element to some AO's instead of a secondary mission.
  • Verified OPFOR can heal themselves more often without need for Corpsman.
  • Verified Ambient battlefield module activated. Examples: Assault on mortar positions if they are seen, MHQ position revealed to OPFOR if its too close to AO.
  • Verified Readjusting some side missions for random suprises. Bank fixed.

Bug Fixes:

• Verified Disabled the Player Name Hud code. It was super buggy and reduced overall server/PC lag by removing it.

BTW, the Capture the flag piece as an AO Secondary mission adds a very challenging element. The flag will always spawn near the center of the town so its not terribly hard to find. But for this piece to be completed, you must get the flag and get it back to your base flagpole before you die. If you die, the flag resets. And I'd bet the OPFOR will be defending it well.

Good job. Just wondering about the revealing of the MHQ if it's too close, how does that work? Considering a mortar can be easily detected by watching where the rounds are coming from, and by its noise. If an MHQ is stealthy and hides itself well, (meaning the driver has brains) will it still be seen no matter what? The icon system, if detected for MHQs has worked really well in the past, just wonderding how it's going to be now?

Good job. Just wondering about the revealing of the MHQ if it's too close, how does that work? Considering a mortar can be easily detected by watching where the rounds are coming from, and by its noise. If an MHQ is stealthy and hides itself well, (meaning the driver has brains) will it still be seen no matter what? The icon system, if detected for MHQs has worked really well in the past, just wonderding how it's going to be now?

This isn't the high command creating any markers. This is a seperate module doing it based on distance from AO. It will drop a marker in the general area of where the MHQ is/was if its within a random distance of the AO border. Both sides get a warning, so you have time to move the MHQ. The closer the MHQ is to the AO, the greater chance of it being seen. Markers only last a few minutes unless the MHQ is spotted again. This module also only kicks in once WEST has been 'spotted' at the AO and starts to call in reinforcements.