Spartans Home

tac night?

EMT~SPARTA~

Good game guys. I only got to stay through the first mission. For any of those guys who I was a little harsh to, don't be insulted. That wasn't my intention. The plan that Dai had required weapons discipline, and just because one sees a target, doesn't mean one has to shoot that target. At the start, we successfully skirted by two armor vehicles using cover and concealment. I hope Bravo squad learned some valuable info there. You guys were like a bunch of hungry dogs, lol. :)

AAR Charlie

AlarmedBread and Rooster did an outstanding job of limiting my deaths to one for the whole time ingame mostly everyone else that joined Charlie got thrown into the fire as Opfor counterattacked. Our job was the Northern road which we held with very ltd casualties (most coming from a sneaky Opfor attack via the West by infantry).

In the main Charlie was a three man fire team the comms were top notch and the movement by my squadmates was on the money when we expanded to a proper squad it did not fall apart which just goes to show how far we have come in such a short space of time.

MC was Zeno who gave me as a squad leader interesting jobs with very little boredom for my squad, not an easy task.

Thanks all

Custard

ALPHA SQUAD

Good games tonight, great work from Andrewman on the first missions, good leadership.

Really enjoyed taking over the squad, not my first SL role but for me my best yet.

Thanks to SarMedic for solid point-work, good guidance and clear comms at all times. Great teamwork from Cent (relentless Corpsman :clapping: ), Iceman, Tyler and Maestro, wouldn't hesitate to team up with you guys again.

Thanks, Watchy

thought it was well run last night and had mucjos fun being part of PARTY TEAM BRAVO!!!!!!, we had objectives but plenty of freedom to reach places the way we deemed best. we sometimes focussed too much on targets and ppl forgot to move sometimes, but i thought the movement and cover over the open ground was pretty well done, in fact i'm pretty sure we only get nailed when we were hiding in trees.

had a problem with dying last night which sucked a bit, got picked on by the AI even though i was next to the back in the line i seemed to get picked out, that stupid kord minigun drilled me 3 times before i had a chance to move and i was behind everyone else. even killed myself by deploying the freekin MG nest :??? must have buried myself under it :D think next week i'll take bin duty at the main base ;)

ALPHA SQUAD

Good games tonight, great work from Andrewman on the first missions, good leadership.

Really enjoyed taking over the squad, not my first SL role but for me my best yet.

Thanks to SarMedic for solid point-work, good guidance and clear comms at all times. Great teamwork from Cent (relentless Corpsman :clapping: ), Iceman, Tyler and Maestro, wouldn't hesitate to team up with you guys again.

Thanks, Watchy

Thanks, it was lots of fun. You guys were great to work with, and we had a really rough area to cover/take, and somehow we accomplished it, through great teamwork. It was my pleasure working with all of you.

FIRST MISSION

Had a great time in Delta with Tholozor, He as the sniper, and myself as the spotter. We did a lot of running around but finally found a couple of spots that were very nice. He ended up with 23 or so kills, as well as several vehicle kills. (We also took out the opfor commander and one of the other human commanders. I spotted the other commander and Tholozor made a great shot from around 1600m, if He didn't make that shot the commander would have easily found cover.)

Great night as always...

First off I have to say that the Opfor did a fantastic job as Zeno said, they certainly piled the pressure on Bravo and flanked and countered extremely well (must admit, my long range M107 shot on Phisher when he was in the trees with his Bino's up was a nice bonus for me).

Ok, down to the bones of the matter.

Comms was generally good in Bravo, we had the occasional call of "BMP to the left" which in all honesty, is more of a hindrance than a help as EVERYONE then looks to their left. We need a Compass bearing or at the very least a compass direction, North, West etc.

Movement, again was generally good, we had some great lines at times when we were engaging and the flanks seemed to be pretty well covered at all times. Spacing was an issue at times, but my main gripe was moving off. People need to develop more awareness of their teamates. There were times (as Panic said) where Durka (our fantastic point man) moved off and people were too focused on other things to notice. Either he, or me then had to wake people up and quite firmly at times get peoples asses moving as we fragmented into small groups or got strung out. This MUST not happen as a few times Durka advanced into trouble and was left out to dry as the squad was split.

At other times though movement was great, a few times we advanced to contact really well and pushed up through a hail of bullets and dealt with the threat.

My final point is again an echo of Durka's point. IF we are advancing to a waypoint, or a building, or whatever, your primary objective is to get to that point, not to stop on the way and take pot shots at infantry or armour.

Several times I asked Durka to get us to point A (as requested by the MC), Durka then plotted a course, set off (trying to avoid contact) only to have someone move off of the intended line because they had spotted a vehicle or infantry. More than once this either caused them to be spotted or even worse they engaged the enemy. This is not acceptable, the best outcome of any movement is not to be seen or engaged, our trust should be 100% in our pointman, if he has picked a route then we follow IN HIS FOOTSTEPS. Obviously we still scan around and call any contacts but we KEEP MOVING as long as he is. ONLY the point man calls a STOP and ONLY the point man moves us off or deviates from the route.

Obviously I probably made numerous mistakes myself and have never professed to being a great Squad or Team leader and any criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Overall I think Bravo did a great job in (because of the excellent Opfor) difficult circumstances and I would gladly lead you all again I can hear the groans already.

Points to work on.

Squad Movement: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE practice using your MINI MAP and your MAIN MAP more. I know your best friend is your eyes but this isn't real life so we have a great tool in the MINI MAP and MAIN MAP, Combine this with the NAMES MARKERS on and NO ONE has any excuse to be out of position or left behind when the squad moves off. I personally spend as much time using the MINI MAP as I do looking around and use the MAIN MAP at least once a minute to plan a route or familiarise myself with the surroundings.

Comms: If you see something, I know your first instinct is to shout it out to warn your team mates... fantastic... we appreciate the sentiment, but please pause... take a bearing of the threat... THEN let your squad know where the threat is and they can effectively defend or attack in the right direction.

ROE: (Rules of Engagement) If you are moving through enemy territory, following a point man who is trying to get you to a paypoint or generally just NOT ATTACKING, then the ROE should be YELLOW unless instructed otherwise. I don't care whether you can see a man, vehicle or objective three feet away, if he is not firing at you then leave him/it alone.

Not following ROE's is the quickest way to get yourself and your team mates killed and to cause a mission failure.

ROE's are as follows:

RED Do NOT fire under any circumstances. If necessary you take one for the team. Your team mates are important, the mission is important, YOU are not. Again if you are being fired at, you DO NOT fire back.

YELLOW ONLY FIRE if you are fired upon, you do NOT fire "cos he was looking at me funny". YELLOW means you can RETURN fire, not initiate a contact.

GREEN Fill your boots, spray and pray, basically shoot whatever you like (enemy preferably).

Think that about covers it, and you can wake up now and read the next post.

Dai out.

RED Do NOT fire under any circumstances. If necessary you take one for the team. Your team mates are important, the mission is important, YOU are not. Again if you are being fired at, you DO NOT fire back.

?????

I didn't realise we were running suicide squads.

Dai, I cannot imagine circumstances where I was being shot at, for whatever reason, and NOT return fire.

I'm glad Blufor enjoyed that first mission so well. Let it be known though, that I had Bravo team and the sniper team in my sights all the way to the radio tower - but because I was stuck with the AK74, I had no way to engage (no ammobox). OpFor also had no way to revive each other. So here I am watching 8+ plus guys standing still on the edge of a forest, or skylined on a ridge, with the distance calculated and my range card ready to go.

All that being said, I had a great time and you guys definitely organized and executed plans quickly after you were spotted.

I was playing opfor last night ,had a good time suppressing alpha and bravo,in both teams a critical problem was when a member was down you have to preform certain actions before reviving.

1.if the source of fire is recognized it has to be nutrelize before the revive action,if the threat can not be eliminated ( distance,the enemy is behind cover)it have to be suppressed , smoke grenade need to be popped and the wounded need to be drag to a hiding point.

2.if the source of fire is not recognized then the first thing squad need to do is lunch suppressive fire for Suspicious points(360).that might cause the threat to move from his position or keep him low.

then pop smoke grenade and move wounded to hiding point.

last night many time i just waited locked on the wounded member untill someone came to revive him and then took him down also.

?????

I didn't realise we were running suicide squads.

Dai, I cannot imagine circumstances where I was being shot at, for whatever reason, and NOT return fire.

First off, sorry I couldn't make it last night. Second, in reply to T1's question, When Command issues a Red order it is because he wants stealth and/or doesn't want to give your position away. The good part about Red is that it is superseded by Yellow. If you have an immediate threat, (define threat as a target or target that will compromise your life or someone else's immediately, such as a tango that you have been watching activates turns and raises his weapon at you or a team mate) you should go to Yellow, destroy the threat, scan for any more immediate threat, if none, return to Red. If your position has been compromised, the element commander will know this and give orders accordingly.

In my book, Red is the base for all elements. You may move to yellow, but when the threat is gone, you need to move back to red. Only when the commander gives the Green should you open up with everything. Yellow is intent on going back to Red, not up to Green.

I could give an example of a situation in the game, but I really don't feel like it. This hangover sucks.