Spartans Home

Greetings from Doppel

Doppelganger

Good day to you all-

Yes, I have been lurking your TS2 and Public ArmA2 server for a while. So as 2009 draws to a close, I am now compelled to take keyboard in hand to give you a look inside.

I began gaming 10+ years ago with GHOST RECON. It was a fascinating game until I discovered how to do multi-player. Then I was hooked. I saw the possibilities of accompliashing objectives and tasks with like-minded individuals.

The first group I joined was a co-op group, but the leader seemed more interested in making money.

A few of us continued on and another group was formed. This was dashed when a language barrier became an impediment to good gaming.

Again we start...a few core members playing GHOST RECON and using the lessons learned from the two previous crashes.

As a member of Staff at first, and then the Officer in Charge I had the opportunity to help make our group stand out amongst a number of other similar, well-managed groups. We saw growth, openess and opportunity playing outside our own server with other groups...ALPHA SQUAD, MEDIC STATION, HOUSE OF RECON, 9 MM, SPECIAL DETACHMENT and more. The tournaments tested our teamplay and imaginations. We did pretty well with a number of top ten finishes. I made friends from around the world, and even had 2 social events featuring meals and fun in the Netherlands in 2007 and at my home hosting fellow gamers from other countries in 2008. Good times!

After a 3-year tenure I stepped down, and new leadership has assumed command. A change in the politics has given me the opportunity to look elsewhere for my gaming enjoyment.

I thank you now for your patience and hospitality.

I am 50 years of age, and due to comapny mismanagement am presently unemployed. I am married to my second wife of 20 years here in St. Petersburg, FL., USA. I have one son of 26 years.

There are two BMW motorcycles in my garage, a '99 RT1100 RT-P (police special) and an '00 K1200 LT. I also enjoy cycling, reading and especially the world of beer.

See you in game...

Edited by Doppel

Gentlemen;

It is quite possibly your names I see the most...well next to Luggage and a couple of others.

I was overtaken by your ability to take a "run 'n gun" scenario like Domination and turn it into something with co-operative effort! And turning the Side Missions into an optional fully tactical event at a moments notice. Damn!

Effing brilliant.

Tactical Fridays...another thoughtful venture.

Its that kind of thinking I admire.

And all the English types! Did you give them a discount, or just rent them out?

JUST KIDDING...

Welcome to our Fourms!!!

We try to be a mature gaming group and tend to base most of the tac games in a manner that would be appeasing to a Ghostrecon Player.

Although we play run and gunner games at times (CoDMW & ect.) we still like the tactical ways or at least change games we have played in the past to less Run and Gun ie. our CoD4 became a crouch only server with no Air.

We are not about the one certain game but about a community of like minded folks and you sound to be one of those so take a look around and make yourself at home.

:)

Wait a minute?a gamer, rides bikes, likes beer AND is 50 years old! I?m not alone! I?m not alone! It begins?the young ones will be assimilated.

Thanks for posting Dopple. Hope to see you in-game.

Given the fact that we can't stop or reverse aging, I think that assimilation of the young ones is somewhat given.. :)

Welcome to our little home-away-from-home on the Internet(s).

It's been my experience that, while we generally don't engage in any sort of competitions or tourneys, a competitive edge is always welcome, and a recent excursion into TvT territory (SPARTA vs. everyone else) was quite fun and went over very well. I believe we also have our GRAW 1 server up and running to help sate your tastes for TvT play.

Aside from Arma, something tells me that, with your interest in motorbikes, you may have an interest in racing as well. While there are currently no decent/recent bike racing games on the PC (that I know of), there's a small group of us that play Need for Speed: Shift on Sunday, and if you have or should acquire the game, we could always use some fresh me--I mean, we would appreciate the added competition (or carnage, as is often the case).

To further my position on the Tournaments...

Our group had a lot of discussion about these before entering. As there was no monetary reward-just bragging rights, why not stay at home at play with ourselves (!)?

What it brought was an appreciation of teamwork. Teamwork included logistics and planning, proper communications, and individual sklills (snipers, MG, AT players). It ended up making our regular gameplay even more fun. Unexpected.

We didn't become a Tournament-focused group, per se.

We were always about co-op...the ability to achieve the objective, and leaving nobody behind.

Edited by Doppel