Spartans Home

Sparta Domination 1.09

MH6~SPARTA~

Xeno Has also stated that he will do one last, last, Last patch.

Yeah I know. That's why I don't really want to spend time fixing the regular domination bugs because he's probably working on them already. So I won't be messing with the backpack or garbage collector bugs. (Well maybe the garbage collector, once I fix some of the other bugs specific to my map version)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure if this is a bug or just a trait...

Ammo box loadout. The box contains a single javelin missle, only 2 AA/DP rounds for the SMAW, but 10 or more of M136 rounds. I understand the need to limit gear available in the field, but could a few more SMAW/Jav rounds be left in the crates?

Or---is there some time limit before the box is 'refilled'?

Also-the M136 round takes up 6 ammo spaces in your kit. Is this an easy fix?

One more thing you can do, is change the Platoon leader (what's the reasoning behind the extra guy anyways?) and Arty/Rescue operators to Force Recon Commanders instead of the officers.

Oh, and making the MV-22 act like the C-130 and be able to carry vehicles/statics as well as the "Start/Stop Jump" button.

One more thing you can do, is change the Platoon leader (what's the reasoning behind the extra guy anyways?) and Arty/Rescue operators to Force Recon Commanders instead of the officers.

Oh, and making the MV-22 act like the C-130 and be able to carry vehicles/statics as well as the "Start/Stop Jump" button.

The Platoon Commander could originally build bases from the ground up, RTS style. This included anti-air radars that revealed enemy planes, which was pretty useful. It had a lot of potential abuse however, so I scrapped it. I just haven't taken the unit itself out yet (he can no longer build though).

Yeah the MV-22 will be outfitted with similar abilities to the C-130

Unsure if this is a bug or just a trait...

Ammo box loadout. The box contains a single javelin missle, only 2 AA/DP rounds for the SMAW, but 10 or more of M136 rounds. I understand the need to limit gear available in the field, but could a few more SMAW/Jav rounds be left in the crates?

Or---is there some time limit before the box is 'refilled'?

Also-the M136 round takes up 6 ammo spaces in your kit. Is this an easy fix?

These are changes introduced by Xeno in Domination 1.09, which my map is based on. Not sure about the M136 inv. space, haven't messed with that code any.

Edited by MH6

I don't think the M119's that start on the map can be repaired. They also can't be destroyed, they just become inoperable. I also am having problems lifting them with a helicopter. Sometimes they lift and then release at the very same instant. I think this happens only after their damaged but I could be wrong.

Edited by DeltaSierra

I don't think the M119's that start on the map can be repaired. They also can't be destroyed, they just become inoperable. I also am having problems lifting them with a helicopter. Sometimes they lift and then release at the very same instant. I think this happens only after their damaged but I could be wrong.

Yep, been a problem for as long as I can remember. That's something Bohemia would have to fix if I'm not mistaken. Basically, if the turret on the M119/D30 is pointed down, it is damaged beyond repair, even if it doesn't look completely destroyed yet. Hell, a few stray MG rounds will put a M119 out of commission, which kind of sucks. Once damaged in any way, choppers will not be able to lift it.

I vote remove all paradrops - still too many ppl who just enter villages and clear them b4 main force arrives. Spoils it for the majority.

Paradrops as in parajumping from mainbase/cleared towns or as in from a C-130/MV-22 (which is currently bugged anyway)?

The former can be disabled by the admin via map parameters. As can MHQ/FARP respawning and teleporting.

No what is needed is to set Para jumps at 13 minutes after a town is taken.

I can assure you one way or another we will enact this as for me it is written in stone.

That is an odd, awfully specific number. Any particular reason?

So you basically want parajump flags not to function for atleast 13 minutes when a town is cleared? That's certainly doable.

Edited by MH6

guys, every number is a specific number. Halli is right I watched town after town falling too quickly. So clearly the game balance has goes out of kilter when the server is full. Hallis' idea should be implemented asap, and when we see the towns dropping too quickly we should switch to veteran, that reigns people in it also make the runners and gunners leave.

BTW - I think you can pick up a destroyed M119 with a Salvage truck, just like you can pick up destroyed D-30's. With the original Salvage truck code, you could pick them up and then deploy a new copy which was undamaged.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say, OUTSTANDING MAP! MH6 Great Job, Best Server on ArmA 2!

Here is some footage taken in the last two days from your server, Armygrunt and myself will keep coming back for more!

Visit My Youtube Channel of In-game Multiplayer Videos

Ranger79

OEF and OIF Combat Veteran, USAF Security Forces

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say, OUTSTANDING MAP! MH6 Great Job, Best Server on ArmA 2!

Here is some footage taken in the last two days from your server, Armygrunt and myself will keep coming back for more!

Visit My Youtube Channel of In-game Multiplayer Videos

Ranger79

OEF and OIF Combat Veteran, USAF Security Forces

Thanks bud.

On an unrelated note, how would ya'll feel about a hand-launched UAV? Only a few soldiers could carry one, and it isn't armed. You would basically have a "Launch UAV" option, where it would then spawn the UAV over your head, already in flight. The UAV would be the Pchela-1T...a Russian UAV, I know, but the MQ-9 is waaaay too big. The Pchela is no higher than your knee.

It would have FLIR and normal modes, and have a maximum distance it can travel away from the handler. Once this distance is reached, the screen begins to blur the further away it gets, until eventually the engine cuts off and the Pchela coasts to the ground on its own. The unfortunate handler would then have to go pick it up, assuming it didn't explode on impact. When destroyed it would have a timer before you could launch it again. It is not armed. It flies slow and is a small target, making it perfect for observation. I've already messed with it some in the editor, and I love it.

So, what do you guys think? I'm definitely like to put this in some map, either the public Dom. map or maybe a special tactical map for Fridays or somesuch.

Pictured: Pchela-1T

IPB Image

And I know, I know, I'm supposed to be fixing bugs...and I will, but I need to work on something a tad more fun than bugs for a day or two due to my marathon bug-fixing session a few days ago. Kinda burnt me out for a bit.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

The UAV is on my wish list, but i have a question how does it spot enemies do they just appear on main map as red or do you get a video feed and then have to mark what you see on map?

If the latter this would be an awesome additon to Friday tactical, at last town takedown a small group inc UAV guys could immediately deploy to get info for commander from a safe distance keeping peeps from twidling there thumbs.

On an unrelated note, how would ya'll feel about a hand-launched UAV?

For organized play, this would be a great addition, and possibly a cool way to coordinate air/arty strikes w/o exposing infantry.

Only-please x 3, don't let it steer the same as that in the single-player. It's the strangest bastard to control, no way to know if it's in level flight, or which way is really forward since it was constantly turning (yes, part of the waypoint scheme, but still). If added, could the UAV controls mimic that of other fixed-wings, though simplified to whatever scale is appropriate for a UAV?

Also, would a UAV 'see' squad-level objectives (move/target here, etc), or even map-level markers? If not that, at least some nav marker, distance and direction, on the operator so he or she can return the UAV to their location for pickup. I assume the existing map marking ability from SP would be brought into the scaled UAV.

On an unrelated note, how would ya'll feel about a hand-launched UAV? Only a few soldiers could carry one, and it isn't armed. You would basically have a "Launch UAV" option, where it would then spawn the UAV over your head, already in flight. The UAV would be the Pchela-1T...a Russian UAV, I know, but the MQ-9 is waaaay too big. The Pchela is no higher than your knee.

I like it alot and it could really help with tactical setup to scout ahead. But for game balance purposes, I'd say that this object should be limited. Either:

1. Spawnable only from a FARP or MHQ .. so that would make only 4 max in existence at any one time.
  2. Make it an asset of a particular class so only a few players online can use it much like the mortar/MG Nest guys.
  3. Have it available in the gear box but have it take your entire inventory. (It would be quite a bit to carry)

I like it alot and it could really help with tactical setup to scout ahead. But for game balance purposes, I'd say that this object should be limited. Either:

1. Spawnable only from a FARP or MHQ .. so that would make only 4 max in existence at any one time.
  2. Make it an asset of a particular class so only a few players online can use it much like the mortar/MG Nest guys.
  3. Have it available in the gear box but have it take your entire inventory. (It would be quite a bit to carry)

Given what the UAV can do for the team, maybe limit it's use to Squad/Team Leaders?