Spartans Home

Announcing: Sparta Tactical Domination Nights: UPDATED

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good games guys

I particularly enjoyed the Humvee assaults.

As I left I told the teams that lift choppers 1, 2 +3 can all lift Tusks, if they wanted to do a tank assault.

The little birds are cool, but gave me a big headache at startup as not many are used to using mods.

Good job again guys

the file structure on the littlebird rar is wrong whether you 'extract here' or 'extract to @littlebirds' but hey we got there in the end.

the littlebirds seemed to be able to avoid enemy fire a lot easier :D and moving in little groups was pretty sweet using those things for transport. shame they can't take an ammobox...

convoy was good but the enemy chopper didn't like our transport :o

motorbike insertion next week eh?? plz plz :D

Good games guys

I particularly enjoyed the Humvee assaults.

As I left I told the teams that lift choppers 1, 2 +3 can all lift Tusks, if they wanted to do a tank assault.

The little birds are cool, but gave me a big headache at startup as not many are used to using mods.

Good job again guys

The tank assault on Chern started out a bust, mostly due to crap leadership trying to get the damn things airlifted and manned safely (moi). Eventually got into town, and three running tanks made quick work of the AO.

Apologies again to Bravo, Luggages decision to nominate me as squad leader, only served for us to get delayed leaving the base with the main convoy (Nice Driving AJSarge to catch them up), then separated from Alpha, then annihilated by the D30s (apologies Garza, you had no marker on the map, and where you said you were I couldn't see a body).

I would offer many explanations for the poor showing, however suffice to say It's all Luggage's fault!

T1 you are too harsh on yourself squad leader is the toughest job in Tac Dom, not many people want to do it.

By the way I selfishly said that adding the littlebirds gave me a big headache, when in reality they gave a bunch of people a lot of work to do, these people included but were not limited to T1 and Durka, GJ guys.

Obviously we had a lot of toys so there was some horsing around in base, but the actual missions (apart from the firs)t went well.

Kav you did a great job, good plan, easy to follow.

Panic I never extract I always drag and drop, then the file structure is correct. I have been told that if you extract you get an @LittleBirds folder within an @littlebirds folder. Otherwise if I can upload it differently I will gladly do so.

I will make some changes to the mission next week, but will not add anymore addons.

Thank you Zeno.

I also wanted to say, as I played all the time with Alpha Squad, that it was really great playing with the guys from Alpha Squad.

BTW I never thought that doing the Commander´s job would be so hard. Ireally got confused at the beginning, but then I just thought think logical and everything will be OK.

The good with the convoy is that you have got enough time to plan the assault. Only problem for me as commander was that I couldn´t switch to the different channels as my game usually crashes when jumping to desktop and then jumping back to game again. But I found out that you can assign your keyboard to the different channels, so that ingame you can easily switch to another channel by simply pressing the right key.

Anyway great playing last night.

Panic I never extract I always drag and drop, then the file structure is correct. I have been told that if you extract you get an @LittleBirds folder within an @littlebirds folder. Otherwise if I can upload it differently I will gladly do so.

sorry for going a bit off topic here, but i just need to show what i mean because this tripped me and luggage up, i dont know the problems others had.

even if you drag the files out, you need to drag the 'Server Key' folder into the '@LittleBirds' folder

User posted image

if the 'Server Key' folder was inside the '@LittleBirds' folder in the .rar then we would have a winrar :thumbsup_anim: (see what i did there haha).

sorry for going a bit off topic here, but i just need to show what i mean because this tripped me and luggage up, i dont know the problems others had.

even if you drag the files out, you need to drag the 'Server Key' folder into the '@LittleBirds' folder

User posted image

if the 'Server Key' folder was inside the '@LittleBirds' folder in the .rar then we would have a winrar :thumbsup_anim: (see what i did there haha).

i didn't copy the server key and it works great

well you know if there is extra files, i'll find a place for em :D lol

i just copied what i did for the sound mod. the server key is there from the armaholic download - thats where i got mine. but same deal with the sound mod regarding the server key file. surely it's better having it in the file in case it's needed i.e. doesnt cause a problem if it's there and not needed.

// end of off topic sorry :)

It was a good time! The little birds are very nice, you can easily fly them low and hug the trees to avoid detection and fire. Plus their agility and small size makes LZ's possible just about anywhere and you can really come in low and fast, then slow down fairly aggressively at the last moment (which several pilots made a contest out of...). It is a case of good/bad though, because you have to split up each group onto several and it takes some good coordination, but if one gets taken out the whole group isn't done for. It was very cool to see little bird formations!

User posted image

The actual fighting part was also very good, I got to be team leader for a few minutes at the end of one town and our team did a great job, we marched to RV with alpha, and then right to the evac location. I was not fully aware of the situation so chose a conservative LZ when I could have basically marked one in the city. After a job well done we RTB and loaded up in a convoy! Zeno took over Charlie and did a great job giving clear directions on who should be doing what and when. Convoys are a hoot and it was good to change up our insertion a few times throughout the night to keep it interesting.

The only part that was 'bad' is when the Euro guys are ready for bed, we weren't getting any prime time American reinforcements. Things deteriorated from 'tactical' with our smaller numbers and lack of decisive leadership for a while, but we eventually used hummer convoys from the vehicle service points around the map (GREAT idea) to quickly move into towns and fight with good team work. I was surprised how effective the hummers could be against tanks if we worked together. We also learned that it's best to move in quickly and not stand off at high range, the AI gunners have more training than we do!

Sorry for not being on this weekend to provide American reinforcement... kiddo sick with 103.5 temperature but slightly recovering. May be on a bit later tonight.

BTW: I have every Friday off for the rest of the year (my variation of vacation since I can't take most other days). So I'll try to be on for the European Tactical timezone.

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~

I have modified Kal's latest Big Dom for TacDom.

There are now 8 Littlebirds, 4 more trucks (all can load ammo at the ammo point)

The 4 main MH60 choppers are all lift choppers and can lift the Tusks (there are no wreck choppers), so now we can deploy the 4 tanks together, anywhere on the map quite quickly.

I will be there on Friday.

I do my best to keep up here in the forums, and I'm interested in playing again in TacDom; I did a few weeks ago, but my Fridays since then have been booked.

In any event, would it be possible to start a new thread for TacDom, since this one has grown to the size of a Pulitzer-Prize-Winning Novel, and if not, and perhaps more importantly, could we get a sticky post that details what is needed (mods, etc) to play TacDom? I think this would help some of the newer members who want to play but don't want to have to read the equivalent of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare to be up-to-date.

Any consideration of this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoyed tonight, best fun I've had in a while. Although still suffering with my broadband, for most of the early evening I was struggling to get above 1mb dl, so suffered some lag. Should be fixed within the week so hopefully better experiences ahead.

Really enjoyed the Littlebirds, some excellent flying tonight, nice job from MH6.

Looking forward to the next one.