Spartans Home

Announcing: Sparta Tactical Domination Nights: UPDATED

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

TBH Bravo team Leeper,Idan,T1,Buzz and Tank we had no right to stay alive as a group bloody good job.

I partly take responsibility for that (in the bad way), essentially we were stuck out in the open with no hard cover, the tree line was the only cover, and only served to restrict my view.

With smoke we could have pressed on to the first building and used the corners as cover, but hey ho, at least we all got to practice recovering your team mates while under fire.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder that Tac Dom day is nearly upon us, so all you regulars get ready to step up and lead (we'll try and give Zeno, Luggage, Durka, Dai and Custard a chance to blow some stuff up for a change) and for those who have been hanging around the US Dom Server this is your chance to try something a bit more coordinated (we hope).

If your intending on joining us read the rules on the first page.

Mark, if you read the first post, you should see most of the ground rules. We play a highly tactically style, with specific roles being assigned by a squad leader, depending on how many people we have on in the server. If you join TS, go into the team assignment channel, you should see the rules of the day, as well as the password, on the right window pane.

If you stick with whoever your teammate is, you shouldn't have to worry about anything else. Nice avitar btw!

Cheers Durka! I'll have a read through the info before I get logged on tonight. I've had a look at the comms binding info for teamspeak and printed it off, just in case I need to use it. I'll definitely be on later on tonight! ;)

LOving the Durka Durka avatar too mate....

Yea, we should really use that server more often... I should take the initiative and get people to play over there from the main server... Especially when there are 40 people on the other server. I like when there are just 6 of us or a little bit more, playing together...

Well we had some good games last night. It seemes to have settled down to a smaller group, which works better.

We attacked one town with 6 people, 3 in a standoff position and 3 for the radio tower. The three in the standoff position did such a good job of drawing the enemy towards them that the radio tower team were able to penetrate all the way to the tower and blow it up, only engaging the enemy once. Getting back out after the tower was blown proved difficult but then we just formed one squad (7 by then) and all pushed together. The last part was not very coordinated but people still stayed together.

Too often people join Tac Dom because thats what everyone else is doing, not because they enjoy it. Its better now.

THajnks for letting me join the team last night guys. I only managed three towns, but it was superb fun, definitely like the way you guys operate ;)

The added tension of sneaking about in the dark was excellent, as was the dubious honour of running point for Alpha Squad on the second to last town.

Much fun had though!

I to would like to thank you guys. Not only for the Friday Night Ops but for your servers in general. You take team play to a level very few groups of people are willing to attempt.

It also proves that a few men who work together and coordinate there attacks can take out a much larger force.

I hope you are able to continue with your unmatched services to the game community.

For those interested, have a review of Dslyxeci's Vehicle Usage and Combined Arms section.

That, or talk to Jason, who I hope will be on this evening. I heard he saw a tank once.

My biggest flaw toward vehicle situ-awareness is trusting my crew. I still find myself doing 360 scans, because I think the other guys are probably doing the same. We all usually end up looking in the same direction, which is opposite of the nearby RPG.

If I get time to play this evening, I'd like to work closely with whomever I join on keeping crew discipline vis-à-vis awareness, cohesion, and 'actions on' (part of Dslyxeci's guide). There are other parts also key, and fun to learn, for a convoy in-game, but those three seem like the most important.

Also, since it'll be sticky to get TS completely sorted for each vehicle crew, I suggest we use the vehicle channel. Hopefully all our mikes and connections will allow it.

For those interested, have a review of Dslyxeci's Vehicle Usage and Combined Arms section.

My biggest flaw toward vehicle situ-awareness is trusting my crew. I still find myself doing 360 scans, because I think the other guys are probably doing the same. We all usually end up looking in the same direction, which is opposite of the nearby RPG.

It takes weeks upon weeks of hard training to get something as simple as basic discipline and trust in your fellow soldiers. I don't expect this to happen in-game, but other things can be taught pretty easily, like not moving/shooting until told to, ect. In the end, it just comes down to simple discipline.

It takes weeks upon weeks of hard training to get something as simple as basic discipline and trust in your fellow soldiers. I don't expect this to happen in-game, but other things can be taught pretty easily, like not moving/shooting until told to, ect. In the end, it just comes down to simple discipline.

I don't mean any sort of life-dependable trust, but just enough to accept some really firm guidelines (not-quite-almost-rules). Discipline and trust tend to go hand in hand, anyway.

It'll be fun even if we all get wiped out.

I don't mean any sort of life-dependable trust, but just enough to accept some really firm guidelines (not-quite-almost-rules). Discipline and trust tend to go hand in hand, anyway.

It'll be fun even if we all get wiped out.

lol, it's spawn-dependable trust. It pretty much applies. If you want to get through a mission without having to respawn, just cover your sector. I think I'll touch on this a little this afternoon when we get started. There's an easy way to implement it on a comany-level, not so much as on a squad based level. We'll see!

On second thought, the best way to do it on a squad level is just give your guys a sector to watch. "Billybob, you watch 10-12oclock. BobbySue, you watch 1-3oclock, ect ect"

On a company level, you have to give objectives. Assuming we're all lined up and ready to assault: Alpha's objective is the red barn to the left. Bravo is the center brick building. Charlie squad takes the green building to the right. I put a post on that a while back ago, somewhere.. K.I.S.S.