• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just tested mine, but i think i should try the "Vantage" test, checking DX 10

I guess this version 3dmark 06 checks DX 9 only

http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyz...p;resultType=14

EDIT:

.. and here is the 3dMark Vantage score... wow this is a really heavy test, I wander what PC can run it at full speed..

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?...p;resultType=19

Edited by Batwing

Halli, i dont mean to be rude but... That 8800gts 512mb, is most likely a G92 chip.. Which is what the Gts250 is.

The difference your seeing is a slight speed increase/stepping improvement.

This is my SLI 8800gts (g92) system. These things ramp up pretty well depending on your cpu speed.

User posted image

Here's my setup, which is my fifth water cooled build.

intel core i7 860 @ 4.2GHz

ati 5870 950/1200

intel x25m raid 0

4GB corsair dominators

asus maximus III gene

tri-display (triplehead 2 go)

3dmark 06

User posted image

vantage

User posted image

pic of the cpu water block

User posted image

Edited by Rooster

Halli, i dont mean to be rude but... That 8800gts 512mb, is most likely a G92 chip.. Which is what the Gts250 is.

The difference your seeing is a slight speed increase/stepping improvement.

This is my SLI 8800gts (g92) system. These things ramp up pretty well depending on your cpu speed.

User posted image

Yeah I knew it was a small step and the Gpu was the same I even tried to Sli the two but that did not work!!!

I thought at the time it was a card BFG would step up but found out after I bought it they will not.

Yeah I knew it was a small step and the Gpu was the same I even tried to Sli the two but that did not work!!!

I thought at the time it was a card BFG would step up but found out after I bought it they will not.

Not sure but you might be able to turn 1 into a dedicated PhysX card.

lol, now I know what PC can run the vantage test in a nice way :)

Congrats on your rig Rooster :) impressive :)

Thanks Batwing. More extreme cooling is a hobby of mine. Also, right now I am working on a single stage phase change unit so I can do more sustained, faster runs. This water setup is great for 24/7, but my future single stage will allow much higher, stable overclocks. I'm working on the 5GHz club at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Here are my results from my last two rigs, both of them are stock clock speeds. I don't recall what the score was (Probably didn't do a test..) when I had the core 2 up to 4ghz and the card juiced up a bit. As already mentioned these tests don't really reflect real world usage, who doesn't like a good pisser?

Intel E8400

EVGA 750i

9800GTX+

DDR2 800 4gb

13404 3DMarks

This was a very good inexpensive and reliable rig, ran all my games and programs just fine. It really only lacked a bit when it came to doing CPU intensive rendering since it was a dual core.

Intel i5 750

EVGA p55

ATI 5850

DDR3 1066

3DMark Score

15986 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 6185

SM 3.0 Score 7507

CPU Score 4655

I need to install a cooler so I can clock up my CPU and ram! Honestly though it is fast enough for gaming, In Arma I see good frames at 133% fill rate 1920x1080res. In MP it never moves from 30fps, since I really only play MP this is all I care about. Just nicer image quality (less jaggies) and no frame dips compared to the last rig. CG rendering is already faster with the quad core, and view port previews are pretty quick with this GPU which helps save time doing renders then tweaking.

• 8 months later...

Well Upgraded to a Small Quad core so I hope it holds me over till I Save for the next Platform.

Q9505 @ 3.001

Asus Striker Extreme of which is not really made for this chip.... But what the hell it works just will not OC over 3.1GB and not CPU heat problem but could be NB heat not sure.

Stock Cooling running 76' c hightest on 3Dmark06 and 51'c Idle or web surfing.

Pny GTX465 1gb

XP32............and I mean Original XP dated 2002 that I got with a 1.7gb P4 Gateway system of course SP3 now.

Now just need to save for new system.

161623dmark6.jpg

Well Nov 2011 27600 with I-7 2600k and GTX465 with bios at 470

Honestly Halli,

You should move on to Win 7 to have way better performances from your system.

XP 32 is holding you down from many point of view. Maybe the 2 most important are:

1 - Unable to allocate more than 3.5 GB RAM, which nowadays is a limit you do not want to have - need to switch to 64 bits

2 - obsolete management of multicores and threads, which results in not efficent performances with applications able to use your 4 cores. This 1 year ago was not a big of an issue for 2 reasons: Win7 was not oout yet showing better performances and there were not too many apps trying to use multicore at the best.

If your problem is putting in budget the OS cost, I have a copy of WIN7 Home Premium I am not using at the moment, bought from Microsoft at special price, I could loan it to you for an extended period of time, as said I am not using it at the moment.

Let me know :)

Well Thanks Batwing but I bought a copy of Win7 Pro Upgrade and will return it soon (never opened) for a Full Version I just need to pay a few bills first.

Viiiper And I talked about it last night and I will get it just need a couple weeks plus I need to find out if all the games I have on my Second drive will work Or If I need to Format BOTH

drives.

Why are you returning that copy for a Full Version ??

You don t need a full version to install Win 7 if you have at least an upgrade copy.

If you have a Windows OS pre installed the upgrade will work fine to install, HOWEVER the Upgrade is a full copy which is just looking to authenticate a previous OS.

IT IS PERFECTLY POSSIBLE INSTALL A FRESH CLEAN WIN 7 INSTALL USING AN UPGRADE VERSION.

Matter of fact i did it for mine and other computers.

There are a couple of thricks to know, but I can help you in 1 o 1 if you need it.

Read this article for more info:

http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_media.asp