Spartans Home

3D MARK / PC MARK

Krambo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have been having problems with ArmA after an hour or two it would crash and I would check my performance in

task manager to see my mem was sky high.

After a little research I have found out that my system has been running my Ocz gold ddr2 6400 2 Gigs of ram at 1.8v

rather than the 2.1v it needs so using AI Booster I changed it on the fly and last night no crashes no glitches just smooth game play.

Ran the 3Dmark this morn and now it gives me 12503 so if you build a new system make sure your volts are correct,

funny thing is that my system ran well at 1.8v with the exception of ArmA the Mem hog. :D

Thats funny, my rig has been crashing ArmA at random intervals. I get no errors from ArmA itself just the generic windows "Close program" notification. The system log states that it is an unknown error. I have tried adding "-maxmem=512" and 1024 with no avail. I have also reinstalled the game from scratch with no help. I have enlites the aid of Mutilater, Direwolf, Zath and a couple others that chimmed in here and there and tried many options they suggested. I even rolled my drivers back to the previous nVidia set. The game still crashes to desktop at random time periods mostly within 10-15 of starting multiplayer. Al ingame settingas are set to low and the sound acceleration is disabled.

The funny thing is that my old rig played this game with out flaw. And this is the only program my new rig has trouble with. CoD4 runs like a champ in all high settings.

I will do as Halli suggests and check my memory voltages. Hopefully this is the problem and is a simple solution.

Thats funny, my rig has been crashing ArmA at random intervals. I get no errors from ArmA itself just the generic windows "Close program" notification. The system log states that it is an unknown error. I have tried adding "-maxmem=512" and 1024 with no avail. I have also reinstalled the game from scratch with no help. I have enlites the aid of Mutilater, Direwolf, Zath and a couple others that chimmed in here and there and tried many options they suggested. I even rolled my drivers back to the previous nVidia set. The game still crashes to desktop at random time periods mostly within 10-15 of starting multiplayer. Al ingame settingas are set to low and the sound acceleration is disabled.

The funny thing is that my old rig played this game with out flaw. And this is the only program my new rig has trouble with. CoD4 runs like a champ in all high settings.

I will do as Halli suggests and check my memory voltages. Hopefully this is the problem and is a simple solution.

I did most of all you said above and then found info on what the ram should be set at..... No crashes last night so Knock on wood.

Well, once I got home and got settled, I checked the voltages on my RAM. 2.2v. The RAM is nominal at 2.1v. The same as Halli's. For the record I am running Corsair Dominator Model # TWIN2X2048-8500C5D 5-5-5-15 CR2 at 1600MHz.

This shouldnt be a problem, or at least THE problem.

The search continues.

Hey guys, it's been a while. Hali you must have got into a new rig with that nice score.

Here is my HD3870 with a mild overclock. ;)

User posted image

I had it stable with no artifacts past 950MHz but the stock cooler is like a jet at 100%, I need to add it to my water cooling loop, not bad for a $200 card.

• 4 weeks later...

User posted image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I've been messing with my rig and thought I'd take a look with 3DMark06. It's reporting my CPU speed incorrectly at 3600 Mhz when, as is shown on CPU-z, it's actually 3200 Mhz.

EVGA 780i MoBo, Q6600 (G0) with a 33.33% OC, 9800GX2 (No OC...yet) and the RAM Linked/Synced at 800 Mhz 5-4-4-12-2T. I ran it unlinked with the RAM at 1066 but gained virtually nothing and it seems more responsive linked/synced.

No point and nothing fancy just recording this era for prosperity.. :)

Peace

• 3 months later...

Bit late to this thread but here's mine.

I know the bottleneck on my system is my 8800GT but it plays everything well so far so I'll wait for the new generation of cards to come down in price a bit before I replace it ;)

IPB Image

• 7 months later...
Yep it's all about the pissing and Soon Viiiper will let us know his score and god forbid his score after he get's the

Nvidia 300 card.

I stopped using 3dmark a fair while ago, I just don't see the point... it's never reflects a real game for me, synthetic benchmark using theoretical game environments. I just read reviews for the GPU & pick one that does the business

I run 9800GTX2 & the other machine a 8800GTX

I use Cinebench10 for CPU processing test, it's real world testing of CPU

http://www.maxon.net/index.php?id=162&L=0

38 seconds with Cobol as witness to complete the Cinebench10 render

It says i'm about 1000 marks lower than the "common" system...

I read an article that the whole "common system" score is way too skewed to be taken seriously. Most people with low end or barely minimum spec PCs don't even run the test because they know their HW is old or not as good and they don't want the self-respect hit. So it is just the people who try to buy the high end components who run and actually believe in this stuff.

Also, keep in mind that someone has to assign values to all of this. Who are these people? Well because they have an in with the manufacturers of hardware and components, it makes sense that we shouldn't entirely trust them. Imagine, as DurkaDurka said it, this is a pissing contest. What better way to increase the pissing by setting higher values to the newest hardware and when those people who can afford it buy it, install it, and run 3dmark, get great scores and leave your score in the dust, it makes you want to upgrade because you now think you have a shit rig; even though you really don't.

Anyways, that was the gist of the article and even though I know this stuff, I find myself doing just that... delving into the piss and wanting to upgrade.

Note: I tried to find the article but cant find it. This was over a year or so ago, so I have no idea.