Spartans Home

ArmA 2 Stock Server - Password removed

Zeno~SPARTA~

Since the crash of our server last May the stock server had a password. We did this because we lost a file that referred to the pilot list MH6 maintains. The only file we had was out of date. Yesterday MH6 fixed the file and it has been activated this morning. I tested it and it works, so the stock server is public again. At this time we only have the Takistan map running in the rotation, although others are present on the server.

Big thanks to MH6 for sorting this out.

My little test this morning made me feel nostalgic for the sanity of ArmA so I play a bit.

Z

well i have op arrow head and renforcements on order so i will be joining in the pretend war when i get back from this real one and get my new rig all set up :)

Real war?

WW2 was over a long time ago.

Your part of a policing action :rolleyes:

BTW you can get broadband over there :allgood:

Hey, a quick question about the public server.

I have a close friend who bought Arma OA and reinforcment on a sale. That box does not have ARMA 2 in it.

We tried to join the Sparta Server and he was kicked because the Arma2 component was missing.

Is there any way to find a work around on his client side or is a specific reason why Sparta server need to have the Arma2 component activated?

I am also thinking that many sales on Arma actually didn t provide Arma2 but only OA, therefore most probably a lot of "new" ppl may not even be able to join Sparta server for the same reason.

In fact, besides "Arma veterans" who already have Arma2 due to an old purchase, I don t think ppl who got the game recently (last 6 - 8 months) ever got anything more than OA.

Many other servers online have the OA game only, offering the vast majority of public an easy access.

Maybe you want consider this comment to facilitate ppl to join the Public server.

Thx

If you have played on a OA server the file is in your cache, if you get it to us we will try to tweak it and run it on our server

The file will be located here

C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

Editing our mission file to remove the non OA stuff is way too complicated.

Password removal YAY!! had Denny and Stirling SAS on last night! havent seen them in over a year! awesome guys :)

As far as i know once you load up CO and edit Domination ARMA2 becomes a requirement to join the server even if you dont use any assets from Arma2; so even if you delete every Arma2 vehicle and troops as far as i know it still wont allow people to join..... it would be a lot easier to get an Arrowhead only Domination and then edit it to Sparta standards.

Yes it was great to shoot with the best. Lets hope kids and noobs don't mess things up.

Once we got the Taji's mad, they came at us like ants, a real challenge.

Also been shooting with Bushwhacker on Elite Arma's site.

Lets keep the fun going.