Spartans Home

Mission Play Fri 5th AUG Sign Up

custard~SPARTA~

My version of Lightspeeds Watchful Yeoman, be there or be square 8 places and me.

You will need Lingor1.1, Lingorunits and ACE2 1.11

If it goes well how about we try Lightspeeds new missions after please check his thread for requirements. Feedback for Lightspeeds missions please leave in the threads he started.

My version of Lightspeeds Watchful Yeoman, be there or be square 8 places and me.

You will need Lingor1.1, Lingorunits and ACE2 1.11

If it goes well how about we try Lightspeeds new missions after please check his thread for requirements. Feedback for Lightspeeds missions please leave in the threads he started.

me work from 14h till 23h

I'm in. IDK if there is a members preference or something though so as long as that's not an issue.

Edit: I'm using the updater version of ACE2. Is that going to cause a problem?

If you sign up and are ready to go at kick off time then members don't get to bump you, I don't think your ACE1.1 version will be a prob but if it is we allways use the latest stable version you can get this from multiple places like Armaholic and Zeno makes a @SPARTAACEv1.11 version hosted here

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/section.php?id=Arma+2+Operation+Arrowhead

Zeno has repacked the two mods needed for Lightspeeds NEW missions (Podagorsk and fastrope) like I said in the first post if we have time we could attempt one after doing Watchful Yeoman. Get the mods from this link.

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/section.php?id=Arma+2+Operation+Arrowhead

So far signed up for the initial bash at Watchful Yeoman (if they are able to attend)

Custard

Dai

Peter

PvtHopscotch

Watchman

Cent

Shinobi

I've put an ACEed up NO respawn No revive version of Angel rage on the server so we could also have a go at that.

OK I really want to be in on this - been way too long since I played.

Now I have had Phoenix Soldiers beta-testing my new missions on Podagorsk and they have ACE'ed them and made a couple of good revisions for the insertions so I will repost these missions tonight.

For those of you who haven't seen what's been happening in Podagorsk - I saw this on Arma2 News the other day - things are really heating up over there - "Are you in?"

Breaking News on Arma2 News - http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8679

So far signed up for the initial bash at Watchful Yeoman (if they are able to attend)

Custard

Dai

Peter

PvtHopscotch

Watchman

Cent

Shinobi

Lightspeed

If we have more interested than spots for missions after Watchful Yeoman I will drop to let somebody else have a go.

Cheers for turnout, good job chaps

On the first mission it was a bit of a ball ache the last AI on the map killing the last three of us, Jammy bastage, on the new mission hopefully it gives Lighty some usefull feedback.

Thanks for my favorite form of gaming on the last day before my annual holls you lot are the bollocks.

Ian

Only wish I'd had a smoother time. I've never been kicked from a server & dropped out of TS as often as happened last night.

Still, good fun whilst it lasted and the usual quality from Lighty, very atmospheric map, just right for OGR Farm.

was fun but... but hard owyeah :exclaim:

My weapon choice was poor .. :finger:

We need more (guidance or )freelance movement (but TOGETHER !! ) ( a colom doesn't work (always)) :MSNCRY:

Maybe more people with thermal .. :party:

And use terrain more , even if we have to go AROUND (longer way) :gun:

just some ideas from a crazy man.. :beatdeadhorse:

Again again

Great time guys thanks for the opportunity the play.

The mission was outstanding as well. Very well done.

The only nag I have and I talked about it in TS a little bit is maybe some light kit selection. I don't mean like a whole cache of random crap just a few different choices for every position. Personal example being that I was a grenadier and the default weapon is a MK17/EGLM. Having the choice between an M4, M16/203 or a MK16/EGLM and a few different optics would be more then enough for me. I remember reading in another thread that the choice was limited for tactical/practicality's sake and I agree that the MGubber swapping for a Marksman rifle is stupid but I doubt many of the people who play these missions would do so.

I will agree with EBE's bit about movement to an extent. Having your squad pre broken into fireteams allows for greater freedom of movement in a kinetic situation however it's kinda double edged because GR is based on SF and they operate in smaller numbers so the infantry squad/fireteam break down is a bit more difficult.

As far as the guidance part though, part of what makes SF capable of operating in small numbers like that is that while there IS someone in charge calling the shots so to speak, everyone in an ODA is a highly trained badass and even in lowly infantry squads if PFC Snuffy says "Hey we should take the SAW up to that elevated rocky position" who ever is in charge will probably go with it. And I can tell already that non of the people the frequent here are dicks so if you have an idea, push it up. Discipline and doing what your told is important but the military doesn't train Zombies (yet) so if something is obvious, do it. Takes alot of the weight and micromanagement off the Squad Leader and makes his job easier.

Wow sorry for the rant.

I had a friggen blast!