Spartans Home

World of Tanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no. We very easily could've started one a month or two ago, but most of our key players are no longer playing. Gunthar had one started with some friends, but Jeff ended up leaving Sparta almost entirely to join Warrior Nation, which he's now in a leadership position there. I haven't seen Pilotboy, Killerbees, or Barrowgrimm on in a while either. Interest was lost when they refused to fix their horrible matchmaking algorithms, and the problem was only exacerbated by clan wars. Pretty much the only way to enjoy the game now is to have tier 8+ and be in a clan.

What I think it should have is say that this would be for example a Tier 6 battle. In an algorithm i'd stipulate maximum value tiers for combatants to enter, say max 8 and min 4. And when it gets selected, take an average of tiers from each team and get tanks from all tier to average out on a tier 6.

still matchmaking as horrible as it is, World of Tanks is very enjoyable, im sure to keep playing it.

Yeah, I've got two tier 5's and a tier 6 as well. It's still a really fun game, but the pool of players to draw from dwindles every day, making matchmaking even worse. Clan Wars really killed it, because that's something that's more fun than the core game, so the players that are online and playing are typically playing that now, making regular battles even more skewed. And if you ever want to win a match everybody needs to have at least tier 8 tanks.

At its core, WoT is a really awesome game. I got kind of burned out by it, but I'd come back if matchmaking ever gets fixed. The future looks grim however. I look forward to their next title World of Warplanes, but I imagine it will suffer from the same flaws that killed this game for me and a few others.

I have a Tier 8 and below but that game is dead to me. I couldn't force myself to play it for more than 1 match yesterday because I fought nothing but Tier 9 russian tanks and 3 IS7 with a smattering of American and German for cannon fodder in there. In my opinion that game is dead to me until they fix the matchmaking system that was broken in early beta.

Worked my way up to tier 8 then they changed something that made it damn near impossible to make money even with a premium account.......

Its just another broken game with assholes for devs who wont fix it before it crashes and burns.

I still play at least a few times a day.. and you guys are right.. the match making leaves much to be desired.. but i still enjoy the game and grind through when i can.. ive got all american gear.. a t6 M4A3E8.. a t5 M7.. a t5 premium T14.. a t4 M5 Stuart.. a t3 M37 spg.. and a t2 T2 medium (the funnest tank of the bunch based on speed alone) add me if you like >> _xPAULx_

all ive ever played is the random battle concept to the game..

matchmaking is bad, but I think of it this way, whenever im put with lesser opponents, all I think about is killing them all ruthlessly. But whenever im put with greater oponents, its where the fun of this game comes in, using tactics, making good use of TDs, flanking and all the rest.

matchmaking is bad, but I think of it this way, whenever im put with lesser opponents, all I think about is killing them all ruthlessly. But whenever im put with greater oponents, its where the fun of this game comes in, using tactics, making good use of TDs, flanking and all the rest.

i agree completely.. and i dont know if its an exacting broken idea.. because at times it seems to make some odd sense the law of averages i guess, "x" number of tanks should be able to take out one tank of "x" type that is a higher tier.. but alas that type of tactical thinking goes right out the window in 95% of random battles.. it usually turns into a free for all and you fend for yourself.. but that can be good if not a challenging thing.. even if your crushed in battle, if youve done it right you should have gotten a few hits in on a higher tiered tank.. and you should have at least one kill that is lower or the same, or if youre lucky, higher than your own tier..

@Skazbr: I would also agree, I enjoy the challenge of fighting other tanks that are better than mine. It puts my wits against theirs rather than my firepower.

HOWEVER, the flaw with this is that when you're t5/6 and you're paired with t8's and 9's (which happens almost every game), it really doesn't matter how smart you play at that point. You can flank and shoot at their rear and side armor all day and will never penetrate. And the second you've fired and revealed yourself, any t8+ will one-shot you. The problem with the matchmaking is that the damage and armor discrepancies between each tier becomes exponentially greater, making it impossible for you to be anything except a scout or cannon fodder. And trust me, slow Medium/Heavy tanks don't make for good scouts.

I don't mind having the highest tiered person on the other team 1 or even 2 tiers above me for added challenge. But when you see almost the entire team 2 tiers above you and you're one of the lowest in the match 80% of the time, the fun ends VERY quickly.

I get what you guys mean, for example, i play regularly with my vk3601, it has a decent tank, and i must say one of the best guns for tier 6. the 88 blows through lots of stuff easily. I can one shot for example a panzer 4. Yesterday however I was but at a situation that was interesting. I was rolling with a ferdinand and we encountered two t29 and one tiger. The tiger was killed very fast by the ferdi and me. however, the t29 proved a challenge. No matter how much i hit him, or where i'd hit him, i wasnt getting little damage, like 6% max per hit. Then I thought, the ferdi has a massive cannon, if the t29 doesnt move, ferdi kills it easily. So basically, the two t29s where imobilized. I destroyed both the tracks on the t29 and ferdi and arty did the rest. fighting with a lesser vehicle means you obviously cant go one on one with a t29 for example, but you definetely can use your environment better, you have better mobility and you have to be smart.

you start working hard for a bigger thank....then you get your new tank and you are at the bottom again. silly. Their match making algorithm stinks of course.... they should have multiple ones to make it even more random. I just have fun most of the time... many days are becoming irritating playing alone. They should have more free platoon playing and a bidding/manual match making system.

• 2 months later...

Freaking game man,its way different than yesterday.....i was pwning lastnight now i get to be the crappiest tank in every battle im in.....always bottom of the list........i get 3 or 4 hits on a tank....they kill me and someone else kills that dude cause i crippled him....battle after battle the same shit..............i know its a team vs team thing but i'd like to frag a tank myself every now n then lol.