Spartans Home

MEGA HACK - MULTI GAME data bases taken - DDOS attack

KEY WORDS to search if you wanna read more:

LulzSec hackers

LINKS to story & sites, hacked millions of user accounts DATA taken from games like BRINK etc.

LINK1.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/06/titanic-takeover-tuesday-lulzsecs-busy-day-of-hacking-escapades.ars

LINK2

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/06/hacker-group-lulzsec-demands-hats-threatens-release-of-brink-user-data.ars

https://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/80317828338679810

lulz-explosion-flickr-intro-thumb-640xauto-22556.jpg

LulzSec hackers demand hats, threaten release of Brink user data

By Ben Kuchera | Published a day ago

The ultra-busy LulzSec hacking group claims it now has the personal data of over 200,000 users of the game Brink. "Bethesda, we broke into your site over two months ago. We've had all of your Brink users for weeks," the group wrote on Twitter. "Please fix your junk, thanks!"

The big news may be that over 200,000 people played Brink.

"We're going to release lots of Bethesda/ZeniMax data today—however we might not release their 200,000+ users as we love Call of Cthulhu," another Twitter message from the group stated. Then the group began the threats. "Bethesda, give everyone more info on Skyrim and we'll keep the user database to ourselves. However we are going to embarrass you anyway," the group wrote. They then asked for a LulzSec top hat to be added to Skyrim.

The group has been busy of late, targeting Sony, PBS, and Nintendo. As in the case of the Nintendo hack, the group seems to have targeted a company it has at least some respect for, making the threats seem all the more surreal. Luckily, unless Bethesda has access to Steam records for some reason, it's unlikely there is much information to be plundered from these records. That said, it's a good reminder of the dangers of using same password in multiple places.

YOUR DATA - GOVERNMENT DATA

http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/pronz.txt

Considering Gabe Newell put his own username and password up for the world to see and to dare hackers to try and crack their recent security upgrades a few months back, I'm pretty confident my information is secure (for now). Valve has always taken hacker security very seriously from the start, I don't see why they wouldn't be just as vigilant, if not more so now, than they have in the past.

I think alot of these guys have already passed over the grey line of hacking in to the a$$hole zone and there should be a shoot first law for them........

Its one thing to show companies they have a security flaw, its totally different to steal personal information of customers and wield that as a weapon against the company since it wont hurt the company it will hurt the customers.

This is what happens when you let children have access to the internet. Attacking the CIA is probably the dumbest thing they could have ever done. I wonder if they sat in their basement drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and between bite of their hot pockets said:

Tool #1: Well guys one of us just got arrested by the FBI and is most likely going to rat us all out and give them everything they need to catch us. Should we stop and just disappear until later when its clear?

Tool Leader: Screw that lets go hack the CIA so we can get water boarded in a black site jail then get sent to Gitmo where we can be raped by extremist while they scream ALLAH AKBAR!!!! then blow their Jihad on our face.

I remember when that kid from germany broke in to Valve and stole a lot of stuff about Half-Life 2. Gabe Newell tracked him down contacted the local law enforcement but they were not interested in helping. Later Gabe had the kid flown to the US with the promise of a job interview. The kid stepped off the plane and in to the custody of US law enforcement. The Germans were not happy and Valve told them were to go.

These companys should be more aggressive about prosicuting these criminals.

Public execution. After the first 3 were waterboarded in times square then executed the rest would figure out real quick we were not messing around. You don't **** with gamers and their games.

Immigration is another simple fix. Landmines and IR guided MG pits. This solves all problems.

Ge Gunthar im glad you weren't around when Columbus landed.... :rolleyes:

But I do think hacking should be taken more seriously and treated as such. They prance around on the net like its some playground, would be hard to do that after someone breaks all there fingers.....

Pretty sure none of that would happen. These hackers don't have any sort of leadership. It's just like Anonymous, they're more akin to a school of piranhas than any sort of hierarchy of leadership.

you would be amaze what a school of piranhas can orchestrate, the problem is lulzsec is probably a few dozen actual individuals with huge botnets.. so its hard to say who is doing it, the gustapo could arrive at anyone's door well if your computer just so happens to be infected...

and edit to this:

an acquaintance of mine got hired by a big company and the ceo/pres/vp/whole staff/share holders/board asked him straight up how do we make sure are company and clients will be be proetected and his best advice after they gave him 6 figures to show up, was to shut down there servers until it boils over..basically do business like its 1970....

Edited by rawdog

Gunthar I agree it would solve alot of problems but who would clean up the mess..,..I wouldn't let my dog to eat that crap..or any other animal.