Spartans Home

WiT: Not for everyone?

Rooster90

This "discussion" is going nowhere and back and forth and is in danger of becoming (a) flame-war\personal.

From the pub server to the ACE server and so now to the Tac ACE server as Zeno already said earlier in the thread; fine by me,thats where ill be playing from now on then....but on that server i will step on peoples toe's if it degrades again...i WILL open my mouth if someone "Blackops" missions or AO's.

I fuckin love SPARTA and everyone who plays here,i feel at home and as Halli always told me "you're one of us n00b" i have always felt that way; everyone here is a freaking awesome personality and all of you make me laugh.......i would rather play with you guys than to speak up and step on some peoples toe's making them feel bad or take away their enjoyment during a gaming session.....but like i said ill move up to the server designated by Zeno and expect others to abide to the rules....if ill be alone there for a long period it is time to move to greener pasture's ,but i doubt there are any.

Marco

It's still an agreeable, friendly place n00b. Those that we had disagreements with in-game are still on good terms.

Honestly, it comes down to this:

From now on, those that want to play on a higher level of difficulty with a tight, disciplined team structure are going to have to play on the Tac server.

I know that we don't want the team divided into "cliques". But to pretend there isn't a clear divide between consistently disciplined players and occasionally disciplined players isn't the right path either. Nobody thinks they are better than anybody else because they want to play a game a different way. But the fact of the matter is that the majority of the time, the server is typically ruled by those that want to relax, talk casually with friends and shoot a bunch of AI. There's nothing wrong with that. But those that want to be focused and serious wait until late at night or end up not playing at all. The fact that the admins aren't regularly active on the server doesn't help.

Nobody is the bad guy. We just need to set clear, defined rules for each server. If this event occurred on the Tac server, it would've likely ended swiftly in an instant kick. However, since this didn't occur there and it occurred in our casual server, the rules are different. And us Tac guys need to respect that. Majority or not.

Rooster, out.

This post continues to disappoint opinions are polarizing instead of finding an accord. This is why people should just chat with an admin instead of posting. I would like to speak to the parties involved together with both sides airing their differences in front of each other. Send me a pm if you are interested. I will not be chastising anyone as I am sure the differences are far less than would appear to be the case from reading these posts, but I would like to put an end to this.

The admins dont want to close this post, but to continue here really serves no useful purpose other than to show me that people arent getting along.

I really don't like locking this thread - it seems to be for the most part, a productive discussion. A couple of random and unhealthy posts but I will ignore those.

So here we go with Part 1 of my two cents -

If a group of ppl in the server agree to elect a Commander for the round and then decide that they don't like what the CO has suggested you should:

be able to offer up a reason why it may not be a good idea and suggest an alternative. If you have no alternative then stfu and listen to the orders. If you do offer an alternative and the CO decides to go with his/her original decision then

I really don't like locking this thread - it seems to be for the most part, a productive discussion. A couple of random and unhealthy posts but I will ignore those.

So here we go with Part 1 of my two cents -

A group of players in the server agree to elect a Commander for the round and let him plan out the mission:

If they don't like what the CO has suggested they should be able to offer up a reason why it may not be a good idea and they must suggest an alternative.

If they have no alternative then they should STFU and listen to and obey the orders.

If the alternative is not accepted and the CO decides to go with original decision then everyone should accept that decision and follow CO orders,

Or they should GTFO of the server and go to another one where they can do as they please assuming it does not go against what players in those servers are already doing.

If I'm in a server and I see that negative behaviour I will ask them to fall in line or to leave the server - failing this I will kick the players. Don't take it personally when I do - it's how I roll. I have no time for Lone Wolves nor Rambos.

Lighty.

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

While I agree with you Lighty, Zeno made a good point tonight (in an actual verbal discussion) that the main problem with the debate being on the forums is that things get lost in translation. Words lose context and tone, and we lose some of the humanity of the players we're discussing. While in text it sounds like these players are the scum of the earth, in reality I really don't mind either of them personally. Everyone on both sides of the argument are generally agreeable people. It also looks bad to others looking in. We look like a community full of in-fighting and scrabbling.

That being said, I still believe it was a worthwhile discussion. It's an issue that has sort of been the 600lb gorilla in the room that nobody has really brought into a full discussion. Ignoring it isn't going to solve anything. I believe we're a mature community that is able to handle a mature discussion without bringing on personal attacks. Nobody is going to be punished for what happened on either side. However, part of the solution is that Zeno (or another senior Sparta member/admin) will now be joining in on the late night sessions to help set the tone of the game.

What I got out of the verbal conversation we all had was that in the end, majority still rules. And while the offenders were by no means being asshats, they were still detracting from the team experience, especially on a map like War in Takistan. If it were domination, would be a totally different story. WiT absolutely, without question REQUIRES a working, coordinated team. This doesn't mean strict comms, limited weapons/gear, or any other hardcore tac mumbo jumbo. But it does mean a single team, unified, and working together under one plan. Even if that plan ends up sucking. It's a part of learning the game and learning to accept their leadership regardless of their experience. We're all here to have a good time with friends. We've got a good thing going here at Sparta and I'd hate to see it fall apart.

I agree with everything you guys are saying I haven't wanted this thread to descend into a flame war and locking this thread is not going to solve the problem or bring us to a resolution. The divide seems to be between the guys like me who are interested in a much more restricted scope of playing arma and since we are not the majority of the players I can understand how our opinions are not shared by the majority of the population. Most of the guys that play this way are not trying to be mean or upset the balance we just wish to be heard so that others understand how frustrating playing can be at times for us due to situations that occur. If it takes us playing on the Tac server then that's fine it is what we will do but everyone needs to be considerate of the other sides feelings and understand that they should, at times, consider doing what others want to do instead of what they want to ensure that our community as a whole enjoys playing together instead of forcing people to form their own little groups.

Now my nice diplomatic things being said what was said after my last post is fine however since I spent 12 years in the military as an NCO supervising 75+ personnel on a daily basis and am now a manager supervising 250+ personnel while overseeing $100+ million dollars in government funding I do believe that I thoroughly understand how leadership works and am extremely well versed in how to perform those duties. I have not attacked anyone on this forum yet and have been, anyone who knows me will attest, quite restrained and positive in my comments however if you want me to be less diplomatic and more blunt please keep insulting me.