Spartans Home

Domination versions

Zeno~SPARTA~

... I have not figured out how to penalise players that kill them although I do think it counts as a TK.

Add event handlers to each civilian upon spawn, with the event Killed, and then do whatever you want for the action (display a message, track civilian deaths, stick player in jail for 3min if they shoot too many civvies, etc.)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday when we tested the AO it wouldnt finish and I had to restart the server, so I took it out of the rotation. However the next thing we tried was zargabad and that wouldnt finish either (there were no civvies in that).

This warrants further work as it makes the AOs more interesting, especially if there are penalties. I'll have a chat with you when I see you next MH6 so you can explain for my simple brain. I would like to add 10 deaths per civilian killed. BTW I added a marker and used the ups script for the AI so they would mill around their zones.

Domination 54j takistan

-Removed civilians from towns (this feature needs more research) introduced in version 54i

-choppers 1,2,3,7,8 do not rebound to base when empty for a certain amount of time. These are alpha, bravo, charlie, delta and sidemission choppers.

-Added more civilian vehicles roaming the map

-Removed base attack

Domination 29b Zargabad

This presented many players with frame rate problems in the town itself, unfortunately zargabad town strain most pcs, if it causes you problems I recomend a not approaching the AO via the town, the AO is huge so you can approach in non built up areas and finish off in the town when there are fewer enemies.

There has been a request to start the mission later in the day so that more of it takes place at night. By defalt the mission start in the early morning, if the majority of you want to play in night conditions you should vote youself admin and launch the mission, changing the time of day to one that suit you all. Alternatively ask an admin or moderator to do it.

Today a temporary server will be used whilst some essential work is carried out on the main server.

Hi Zeno,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, is related to liftable vehicles.

Yesterday I was on the BAF Dom and I was trying to use a lift chopper to get an Hamvee TOW to the AO. The vehicle was not liftable by any chopper.

Maybe you want to check the liftable list ?

Thank you.

Skill

I have been hearing that people are not happy with the AI skill levels

chernarus is set to 40% base skill up to a max of 70% (it was 80% base up to a max of 100%). AI skill was lowered yesterday morning EST from 80% base skill up to a max of 100%. Chernarus is much harder than Takistan because of of the trees where the AI have the advantage. Remember a tree that has been downed is not cover (I dont think it is visible to the AI), so dont hide behind them. Dont use Arty or mortars in the forests, you will make your infantrys life much harder.

Takistan and zargabad are also set to 40% base skill up to a max of 70% (takistan was 60% base up to a max of 90%)

Zargabad 29d

Moved ao to zargabad itself

reduced infantry

eliminated weather (ie always sunny)

Played both Zargabad and villa with no problems, but it wouldnt move onto the next map (takistan) will investigate

Zargabad is now more of a cqb experience

If you have frame rate problems in zargabad try pressing

ctrl shift numpad -

then type flush, this helped me a number of times (thanks vaportrail for reminding me)

Takistan 54k updated to lift tow humvees and bradley

Hey Zeno,

Thank you so much for your restless work on these versions !! You are great !

Thanks for updating the lifting list. I was also thinking about that, do you think it would make any sense to ristrict the Bradley lifting to the Dual rotor big transport chopper and possibly to the Merlin ?

I was thinking this just to simulate the excessive Bradley weight should be lifted by the larger choppers only.

What do you think about it?

Hi Zeno, i've been having trouble joining the Chernarus and Zargabad maps due to "battleye:Client not responding" and was wondering if you've encountered others with similar problems. I have no trouble with the Takistan map however and can join and play without any problems.

I use Windows 7 64bit and my copies of arma2, arma2 OA and BAF are on Steam.

I launch Steam and _runA2CO (found in program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma2OA) command as administrator for the Chernarus and Zargabad maps but i'm having no luck. I've made sure that battleye is installed in my arma2 and arma2 OA directories and that my windows firewall is allowing anything arma2 related through.

I've had a look on the bohemian forums to see if anyone has been affected in the same way, but before I post an enquiry on those boards, and because i'm able to access the one map out of three, I was wondering if you'd had any other people with similar problems on the server?

Otherwise, i'm having a lot of fun on the Takistan map and hope to enjoy the Chernarus and Zargabad maps sometime in the future too :yes:

Rolf,

I don't recall anyone else having troubles with accessing the Chernarus Domination mission, but I'm sure something like that has happened before. Are you allowing anything battleeye related through your firewall? You also might want to try to look in your files to see if your system has downloaded the map. It should be somewhere in your arma directory labled...

SPARTA_OAOPBDOM_01a.Chernarus

You might want to try to download it manually by getting with one of our admins on TS. Other than that, I'm not sure how much more I can help you, although I know someone with more knowledge will step in and tell you all I've said is BS :)

Hi Durka, many thanks for the response!

I've had a look at my firewall settings and I presume that i'm not blocking anything battleye as it's functioning fine with regards to the Takistan map working properly.

I also right clicked on _runA2CO and went to properties/compatability and found that i can't select "Run this program as administrator" under the heading "Privilege Level" as it's not clickable. Even when I go to "Change settings for all users" it is still un-clickable. I don't know if this is part of the problem in any way but I thought i'd include this info just in case.

I've had a wee look for "SPARTA_OAOPBDOM_01a.Chernarus" as you suggested. In MyDocuments/Arma2/Saved/mpmissions and I can only find the following:

__cur_mp.Chernarus

SPARTA_Domi2_29b_R.Zargabad

SPARTA_Domi2_54j_R.Takistan

SPARTA_Domi2_54k_R.Takistan

WarfareV2_060Lite.Chernarus

So i guess manually downloading "SPARTA_OAOPBDOM_01a.Chernarus" is the next step to try and sort out the issue.

Many thanks again for the help, I'm a complete noob in these matters! If needs be I can open up a new thread elsewhere on this matter to prevent clogging up this one too much.

Edited by Rolf