Spartans Home

Tac today

Grizzly

Sorry for the bad communication and tks guys, I guess Im a better grunt then a leader, any how, it was still kinda fun.

Practice makes perfect mate, just get them whispers sorted, they are YOUR most valuable task as TL. The MC needs to know you have heard him, you need to give him YOUR eyes as he can't see what's going on. Make them key's easy to access when your still trying to move and fight.

TL is not a simple role. There is a lot to think about all at once and it is very hectic when you first start trying.

A TL's role is made immeasurably easier if the squad listens and obeys. It will come with practise. But don't be frightened to let anyone in your squad know when they are making life more difficult for everyone by lone gunning. Standard first warning is not to revive them when they get themselves in trouble unnecessarily.

If you are a TL then you must ensure that your game sounds is secondary to TS. Whilst this may feel like you are dampening your enjoyment of the game, you are running that squad, and you are expected to be efficient at comms, both within the squad and up to MC. One element of this efficiency is the speed of communication. Not having to ask for repeats of transmissions if essential to keep the game flowing.

This also appiles within the squads. As a TL the radio is yours, and if you feel there is errant traffic, then stamp on it.

Keep up the work Grizz

Edited by BPRLuggage

hey grizz i was fun mate , This was my first TAC on OA . :rolleyes:

i can't remember.. did i die ? :question:

And i know you understand that we are good players (sometimes ahah)

So you understand that sometimes we do it a little our way but still togheter.Worked out fine (overseeing things.ect.. )

i asked to be on your team.. :thumbsup: (never share a foxhole with anyone braver then yourself) :zzzzz:

u can count on me.

We need more ppl to try to do the TL job Grizz it was good of you to step up MANY DON'T, the role is not easy and does take a while to get to grips with it. TKs happen all the time and from my end you didn't do anything wrong in the TL role. :thumbsup_anim:

We need more ppl to try to do the TL job Grizz it was good of you to step up MANY DON'T, the role is not easy and does take a while to get to grips with it. TKs happen all the time and from my end you didn't do anything wrong in the TL role. :thumbsup_anim:

I will try that in the future ,if i am worthy. :help:

But sometimes my english is a bit rusty (most of the time..haha) Not everybody likes that maybe ..

Use the terrain as a plan ,And not the plan as a map. <_<

(The body is the army,And the head is the general ,When the head is upset the body acts accordingly..) B)

I know this maybe OTT for some but i cant help but remember the good old days of TACDOM when people listend to the MC and TLS and didnt just meander around the AO like a normal DOM game.

personaly id like us to stop using the MHQ in the AO's and revert to insert by chopper or wait at MB for the nent AO to start. This might mean a few late comers have to twiddle their thumbs abit but it gets a bit messy when you get PPL chuting randomly into the AO or walking in from the MHQ.

The numbers are quite good at the min i.e upto 18 on some nights so we can afford to hold players bk to form a 2nd or 3rd team then insert by chopper.

For me TACDOM has always been a way to create a strong team based assult with planning and good com's but lately its starting to turn into a normal DOM night. I know some improvements have been made on the last 2 nights so im hopeful we can sort this.

Any one who normaly games with me will know that im more than happy to sit at MB all night in a chopper waitng to ferry one soldier to the AO. Its not just that i enjoy flying em its because i like the support role that it offers and thats the fun part for me (sad true but thats what i love with this game). its the team work that gets me on every Friday night sitting at this desk!!

Lol i think ive got writers cramp :United_Kingdom:

I know this maybe OTT for some but i cant help but remember the good old days of TACDOM when people listend to the MC and TLS and didnt just meander around the AO like a normal DOM game.

personaly id like us to stop using the MHQ in the AO's and revert to insert by chopper or wait at MB for the nent AO to start. This might mean a few late comers have to twiddle their thumbs abit but it gets a bit messy when you get PPL chuting randomly into the AO or walking in from the MHQ.

The numbers are quite good at the min i.e upto 18 on some nights so we can afford to hold players bk to form a 2nd or 3rd team then insert by chopper.

For me TACDOM has always been a way to create a strong team based assult with planning and good com's but lately its starting to turn into a normal DOM night. I know some improvements have been made on the last 2 nights so im hopeful we can sort this.

Any one who normaly games with me will know that im more than happy to sit at MB all night in a chopper waitng to ferry one soldier to the AO. Its not just that i enjoy flying em its because i like the support role that it offers and thats the fun part for me (sad true but thats what i love with this game). its the team work that gets me on every Friday night sitting at this desk!!

Lol i think ive got writers cramp :United_Kingdom:

Point taken and I agree. We never used MHQ before, but had to start using it when our numbers were low. Next time I'm MC, I'll make sure we do proper insertions and such. I wish I could've attended today, but just got home from out of town and my wife started nagging me literally before I shut the door, so I'm not in a grand mood and have to go do some housework now.

DD I'm sure I married your wifes sister.

AAR for Tacdom 30/7/10

1st AO outstanding very few deaths good comms but a little slow at kick off

2nd AO (me TL of Alpha) my team scorpion,raven and james started with me not ingame (whispers not working Luggage sorted me out)did well not bad comms, good movement enjoyed it.

Loved the little bird insert made my freakin week I thank you.

I had a couple of issues we need to speed up start even if it's go HERE and wait just lets get the boots on the ground, 2nd JamesM of all ppl in my team you need to work on

a, talking less

b, listening to members of your team inc your TL

c, JamesM not saying you are a bad player or a twit far from it I'm saying you didn't make my life as TL as easy as scorpion or raven did.

FYI since I reinstalled OA unless I start it as admin it kicks me from game. This FU TS3 whisper keys unless you start TS3 as admin also. (Ta Luggage for suggestion)

Loved the little bird insert made my freakin week I thank you.

I had a couple of issues we need to speed up start even if it's go HERE and wait just lets get the boots on the ground, 2nd JamesM of all ppl in my team you need to work on

a, talking less

b, listening to members of your team inc your TL

c, JamesM not saying you are a bad player or a twit far from it I'm saying you didn't make my life as TL as easy as scorpion or raven did.

If we can get the ammo box issue sorted i c no reason why ppl cant gear up once we get to main AO or

what if we set up a staging point 2-3 klicks out from AO with an ammo truck,AA hummer etc. A mobile FARP that can be moved by Air or road if the AO's are close.

The MC and TL's can sort their plan out while the FARP is put up and the guys can be sorting the kit out. it might help to make it feel a bit more fluid.