Spartans Home

It's tac night 16/04/10

IDAN

Ebe here i will try (?) to be there 20.50 sharp (or earlier)

I missed the a couple of tac doms too (damn job haha) B)

Q6600 (2.4) on (win) XP

4G on ram (3.250)

HD320 (gaming pc)

8800Gt (512)

24inch (samsung)

Tac was good last night.

But the targets seem sparse. I put it on "less armour" so naturally there were few armoured units, but there didnt seems to be much infantry. Did anyone else feel the same.

Gorka seemed to go well, good job guys.

The whisper problem was a bit irritating, need to look into that.

Tac was good last night.

But the targets seem sparse. I put it on "less armour" so naturally there were few armoured units, but there didnt seems to be much infantry. Did anyone else feel the same.

I think it was pretty balanced according to the number of deaths that i noticed on alpha squad.

Dont forget that air assets made a few infantry kills and also the morter

Me and custard did some sniping from bravo op .

I didn't think there were too few infantry from Bravo OP any more and it would have looked wrong LOL.

I have a request for the Mortarman to have WP back in the inventory as it's an excellent screen for advancing troops if done right.

The AI behaved dumb from our overwatch I'm almost thinking reinstate the Opfor commander, if we had six to eight more playing I would be screaming for it.

Considering the whisper situation I think everyone did a top job and I had a great time, only gripe is the wandering out of position from a few (I could include myself :P ).

thought there was too much armour tbh or we had too few anti tank soldiers. we only had a problem with artillery and armour IMHO, the inf was no problem :)

i think some 2 man recon teams would be great for spotting, i think we had something liek that last night?? hard to tell when you have your seperate orders, i know zeno was spotting at the end, but unsure of what bravo was doing.

we did a pretty good job on the tower and camps, although the spotters are sneaky biatches and hide pretty well so we got artied quite a lot. hence the need for our own recon and spotters. i dont think squads should be moving into the AO while the d30's are still up or not even located = certain death.

gg :)

In Bravo I was spotting for Luggage on the mortar and Idan was Lasering for the aircraft support and if whispers had been working we could have walked you all the way into the buildings covering with AT (Javelin), M107 and our Mortar.

I think we need to work on having a vehicle or two at the end for finishing up the AO to speed things up. This would also help moving to next AO as things like the Bradleys can carry troops. Instead of joining up with Alpha we should have gone for vehicles in hindsight it would have made more sense (to me anyway :P ).

Did Alpha come under fire from arty last night?

yeah often, unless it was luggage mortar?

Thats a right sod then cos Idan spotted both sets of arty before you came into the AO and dealt with first via laser/aircraft as first target but we left the other for ages and only put Luggages mortar on it much later on, sorry our mistake mate.

The less armor option doesn't have the same number of infantry, it is also less. So this can be tweaked to raise it up

honestly, if you play with normal armor setting but with infantry towns only you will get one of the better mixes for Tac nights. Too bad my work schedule precludes me from partaking anymore. :(. Once Operation Arrowhead comes out I will probably continue with some more Arma coding.

Tac was good last night.

Tac dom went well i think.

Even though we all had poor coms i think the use of Bravo as a forward OB squad with Lazer/CAS support worked well together. I felt it was the most efficent use of air supp since it was reintroduced into the Tac dom night..

(being one of the pilots i may be a little biased)LOL

As for the lack of Inf i was orderd onto several soft targets by Bravo and those Paveways make a mighty firecracker tacking 7+ Inf units in one strike.

Not sure about the use of the Opfor commander Custard as this ACE mod makes it bloody hrad enough. The last thing we need is someone with inteligence running round telling the Opfor units what to do......

That said good job all , already looking forward to nwxt week.

If we had six or eight more BLUFOR we have two squads a small recon group with air support I think it would be enough to give even Luggage a run for his money, I'd love to give it a bash if we get enough playing :D .

I really enjoyed Kamenka and Kelm yesterday. Although the MG nest leap frogging in Kamenka wasnt perfect it was a joy to behold. The assault on Kelm may have been the best I have seen to date. Special thanks to Karl for stepping into the squad leader role. we had some fun on the hilltop shooting with the m109 explosive rounds on infantry and Vodniks. Idan had a bit of fun sniping with the Metis.

Given that the whispers still arent working you all did a good job on comms. Given this please dont call out targets that you can shoot, if targets endanger your squad and you cannot deal with them, you should announce that.

I would like people to always join in the following roles.

Medic

Team leader that can call for ammo or vehicle drops (not the engineer TL)

Arty

Machine gunner (that can deploy mg nest).

mortar (but not always)

If we break up into squads make sure each has at least one medic and one TL (+MG if poss). Also make sure there is at least one laser designator per squad.

Pilots make sure you announce target acquisition, target lock and bomb release. We really do need a pilot to venture away from an ammo box, because any effective AT is blackout inducing due to weight. Shame we had a problem getting laser locks yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...