Spartans Home

TACDOM - Friday 11 Dec 2009 2000 GMT 1500 EST

T_1

great game tonight bravo team Struggled in first town due to game ctd but overall we did our job.

thanks alarmedbread,doppel,radar,yoshi.peter. sarmedic gj also for taking control over whats left of the team at the a.o.

sorry luggage for the comms problem i caused you at the start .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I . was able to connect for couple minutes. Unfortunatly get bugged and reconnect. Server not let me in back. I can see setup screen, pick up speciality. When i hit "ok" its start reciving mission and then session lost after 2-3 minutes. Thats not issue with server IP and password. Dunno whats going on. Happen for first time.

I hope you guys have fun

Peter, there's a few of us (and apparently a lot just before I got on) who couldn't get past that. Zeno will hopefully be resetting the server here shortly.

Lightspeed - We're in the backup TS server. You'll have to get a hold of someone who can tell you the password.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight. Fridays always seem to be the longest days at work, and the boy just has to choose Friday night for us to drive him places. He never goes anywhere Saturdays. Bugger. I may be on in a bit, maybe to putz around with ACE2, unless tacdom is still going on.

If so-what's the PW?

Everyone did well.

there was one dodgy squad leader, good job his squad was excellent. I enjoyed the mc role, playing against MH6.

Good job prepositioning some AI at the vantage points. I was hoping that by waiting 30 minutes before attacking you would fall asleep, but instead you used the time to good effect.

Good job to EMT as well for taking the opfor lead on the first town and for coming up with the idea.

Thanks Luggage for doing the shitty2 I C job

We had a resurgence with some of the 'mericans for another opfor-command (durka) map. MH6-AlphaSL, Bsilenced-BravoSL-EMT Charlie SL, Ebden Commander.

Lots of fun, definitely an improved challenge with a human opponent commander. Good comms and teamwork all.

On a side-note, while moving all the players into a main channel to regroup, I got 'time-banned' from TS. Something about a flood? Yuck. It let me back on though.

We had a resurgence with some of the 'mericans for another opfor-command (durka) map. MH6-AlphaSL, Bsilenced-BravoSL-EMT Charlie SL, Ebden Commander.

Lots of fun, definitely an improved challenge with a human opponent commander. Good comms and teamwork all.

On a side-note, while moving all the players into a main channel to regroup, I got 'time-banned' from TS. Something about a flood? Yuck. It let me back on though.

Any chance of getting the PW?

Sorry guys, especially Idan. My system crashed hard and was gone before I even knew it. Sometimes my card overheats if I forget to load the evga Precision software. I thought it was running, but I guess I'll never know.

Again sorry to drop like that just as it was getting good.

Wow guys,

I enjoy so much reading your debriefing after these Tac-Dom events ! .. I have to say I envy I can t be there "yet" (multyplayer problem almost solved anyway...)

You know, the amazing thing would be if someone with story-teller skills would take a minute to write a report in "on-field reporter" style to make a short recall of the events.. you could make that and call it " The War bullettin" and put it on the main website :)

It would be the coolest thing, also for ppl approaching this game for the first time :)

Great job to everyone anyway, for the way you enjoy this game, you are a great group !

************* LATE BREAKING NEWS ***************

"This is your on the spot reporter Don Donaldson with all the news as it happens".

"Following the coup in Chernarus, the notorious hard-line Bear of Berezino General EMT staged an unexpected and brutal raid on the poor, unprepared citizens of Electrozavosk many of whom were awoken and herded into holding camps pending processing for sympathising".

"This was a step too far for the NATO forces and a RRF (Rapid Reaction Force) was tasked with clearing the Chedaki insurgents from the beleaguered city".

"This story will continue after a word from our sponsor".

heheheh fantastic!

This already sounds amazing... 7 years ago, when i was commander of a Mechwarrior Unit fighting in Europe, I had a "reporter" for our online battles.

Mechwarrior is a game with a solid universe background and hundreds of Novels have been published following the FASA guidelines. Having battlefield reports was just amazing.

Having that here in Arma, due to the "realism" of action is gonna be EPIC :)

Thanks to everyone who made this work! It was simply awesome, lots of fun and very challenging. Having a real person commanding the enemy troops really changes the way in which you need to attack, you are punished greatly for moving too slowly and holding in a position for minutes at a time. Here is a brief overview report from my perspective, I was too busy to remember screen shots and I'm not very good at the sensationalized reporting. :D

Sortie 1 - I was in Bravo squad, Radar SL. I was kitted MG. Our objective was an enemy HQ and camps. We moved out in a humvee convoy. As we moved in we encountered light resistance, a scout team on the only small hill in the area. We moved in and took the hill, it was flat all around us so we were able to fend off what was thrown at us with little incident. I'd say that the enemy commander realized this and stopped sending stuff our way. We started moving out, following on foot near an MG humvee. We fought our way to the rally point encountering several pieces of light armor. When we got to the rally point we dug in for a bit of a fire fight with enemy infantry. Things were going pretty well in our favor, and then we heard the rumbling of tank treads behind us. "Contact t72" "Scratch that, two tanks" "Make that three tanks!" We exhausted our supply of AT, but took only light casualties and were back on our feet preparing to move for the HQ when our forest was leveled by enemy air rocket strike. Always seems to be my squad being leveled by air assets. :rolleyes: After we got back into position we made way back to the HQ, which had been reinforced with more infantry and as we learned the enemy commander. There seemed to be some confusion on comms, and instead of taking advantage of our 5 minute window, we didn't even mange to pop the enemy HQ though charges were set and this was conveyed through TS and in game text. Everyone was still hovering around the HQ. It seemed like some confusion and chain of command slowing us down. Once we finally got on the move again, we popped it and made our way into town. We encountered a vodnik and some infantry in front of us, while we were dealing with that, a squad came in from behind us and took us all out. The enemy commander had setup a trap and we fell into it. 360 scans people! <_< We reinserted again and took our last camp with little resistance.

Sortie 2 - I was in Bravo squad, Idan as SL. I was kitted with MG and AT, thought it was a bit silly to carry so much weight, but did what I was told. Due to technical difficulties, our 6man team was only 3 strong and no medic when we got inserted. Never the less we pushed on to our rally point. Our job was to coordinate our attack with Alpha Squad to cause confusion and a 2 front battle, our objective was the radio tower and nearby enemy camp. Enroute we encounted a scout team which we promptly downed, but they had called in a vodnik and BMP which were nearby. These were dealt with, but we took some casualties which were mended in the field. We pressed on and put angles between ourselves and last position. This was a good thing because the enemy was coming in force. We again got spotted by a scout team, dealt with them, but not before they could call in support. Armored vehicles started thundering towards us with a squad of infantry in tow. The first contact was a t90, which was downed by smaw at close range ~200m as it charged us. SL ordered us to fall back from that position, which was a good call as a BMP thundered down the hill where we were and went right past us making it an easy shot. Infantry was a few hundred meters behind the BMP and were dealt with as they stuck their heads over the hill. Mind you that during this whole battle (atleast I think so, I could hardly hear over the crack of my MG) Alpha was on the horn asking what the hell is taking you guys so long, you only had to move 600m? :lol: We finally made our RP, and had light resistance to the first enemy camp. Here we saw one of the first sneaky moves by an enemy commander, they had stationed a couple squads of infantry in good cover near the radio tower, but not on it. If we had just rushed to what looked like a 'clear' tower, we'd have been toast! Instead we hunkered down for another fire fight in the enemy defenses. At this point we were bingo AT, and had not found any ordinance laying around. We made our final push to the tower, just as a BTR90 came thundering in. We tried to shoot out the wheels, but that didn't stop it from tearing us up. At this point the rest of Bravo team had remedied their technical issues and was touching down in a chopper, but too late to save us. We respawned and loaded up. Not sure 100% what happened, but after taking care of the BTR90 I believe the rest of bravo was taking heavy fire from the pier, and from the hill above the radio tower. All but one were downed while we were enroute and timers ran out. Here instead of going back to pickup the rest of our team at base, we set down 3 strong again. At this point we still had not taken the radio tower, we had to fight our way to it, and setup a perimeter to rescue a heavily wounded soldier just south of the tower. We were still taking heavy fire from the pier, and used smoke so that we could concentrate on clearing and popping the tower. After a long hard battle, we finally had the town. Given that we were basically only three men for the whole mission I'd say we did respectably well. Our fatal mistake was that we didn't seek cover in the houses near the radio tower, maybe then we could have held up better against the BTR90. It happened pretty fast though, personally I thought it would be mostly infantry left, so the MG nest would be safe. I was wrong.

Sortie 3 - Bravo squad again, Bsilenced as SL. My kit was AT + m4holo, point man (damn it I don't like getting shot :lol: ) We were coordinating with Charlie squad led by EMT. Our job was to take two enemy camps and the radio tower. We loaded up in the same chopper and set off, en route we took heavy fire and lost our engine. Our pilot did a fine job and set it down pretty soft, there were a few casualties, but a few survivors were able to mend them. We had encountered an enemy convoy, and first task was to deal with that which went pretty quickly. Then we were off, Bravo and Charlie moving around 300m either side of a road. Where we were there was little cover and we all felt a bit uneasy, but we pressed on. At the first camp we had a small fire fight and were able to keep Charlies left flank clear. We pushed forward to the next camp, and again were able to thwart the enemies flanking. The two camps fell pretty easy, and we moved on to the radio tower. We finally had some nice thick trees in front of us and moved in to clear the radio tower and provide cover for Charlie. We heard some armor idling, so I was moving up smaw ready. The t90 started moving about the time Charlie was on the tower and got visual on the rest of my squad before I could see it. I was about 50m downhill from it at this time and fired a panic shot, it of course was not enough and they cut my tree down with their mg. It did some damage to the tank and it couldn't move well, so Charlie was able to pop the tower, deal with the tank and get Bravo back on their feet. Bravo was a little bummed because we got taken out and 'Charlie got all the glory' but I say without us covering their flank that tank would have popped over the hill and made them miserable. Another sneaky enemy commander move I reckon. <_< At this point the enemy was recapturing their camps again, so Bravo was sent to back track and clear them. There was not much cover and we pressed on anyway. As we came over a hill to the first camp, I stuck my neck out and *crack* I was down. Damn! I knew I'd get shot!, SL right behind me eliminated the threat which turned out to be the enemy commander, medic got me up and we moved on taking back the camps without further incident. From now on when I am on point, I will definitely choose some kind of optic sight, too hard to scan the distance without one.

Sortie 4 - Alpha squad, Scorpion SL, kitted AT + m4 holo. We inserted via chopper, our job was to take the northern camp while Bravo took the Western, Rally together to move through town and take the radio tower, splitting again South out of town, Alpha to take down enemy Factory, Bravo enemy camp. I must say that it was one of the better uses of map markers for plan of attack that I had seen, kudos to the commander! The only way it could be been a bit better is color coding Alpha/Bravo routes/tasks. We set out with a forward scout, I found myself in the middle with the SL and our medic bringing up the rear. As we observed the first enemy camp, we started taking fire, Damn we haven't even done anything yet! We had a great visual of the situation, I took an 800m shot on a BMP, and a squad of armed locals nearby. As we moved into the camp there wasn't much cover, and there was armor coming from the East, we took a few casualties but managed to eliminate the threats and cover our medic while he mended them. As we were capturing the enemy camp I saw several infantry moving cover to cover and seaking up on it, this was cool! They seemed to be moving much smarter than I'd seen before and it made it all that much tougher to shoot them. While the rest of the squad rallied with Bravo and moved on the tower, I was sent back with one other for anti-air duty. We took turns downing enemy air assets until the tower was down, then we were moved up and sent to search for an ammo drop somewhere in town. We located that and rallied again with our squad. After we rearmed, our SL dropped out due to tech difficulties, we moved onwards, but got separated in town and most of the squad mixed in with Bravo. I found myself at our RP with one other, Gooniversalsoldier. We moved forward to rejoin the group at the enemy camp, but encountered moderate resistance on the way. There was a squad of infantry held up in some barns, and two more hiding in the woods just East of Bravo's position. It was a good thing we were over there to cover them. After they'd taken the camp we regrouped as both camps in the north were retaken, so we marched another km north. After that it was a manhunt for the enemy commander, apparently you have to kill them a few times to get the town. The main thing I noticed here is we were engaging primarily at long ranges, 400m+ where a normal rifle is not very effective. We did a good job and there seemed to be plenty of action to go around though.

Big :thanks: to everyone who took command and leader roles, without you everyone else can't have so much fun. Any of my comments about SL's are not meant as slights, but criticisms. I know how tough the job is and feedback from the guys is how I improve. :)

Edited by AlarmedBread

AlarmedBread Sortie 4 - it's not that you has to kill the enemy commander several times, it was that I kept you busy while taking back your northern camps.

Ah I see, we had taken back the camps for a few minutes before you got popped so I assumed that is what finished the town. Regardless the retaking of the camps made it a PITA for us on a few occasions. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...