Spartans Home

Sparta Domination 1.09

MH6~SPARTA~

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love your posts Ebden, but I need an energy boost just to keep reading by the 5th paragraph. :). But I saw the crotchety note too. Hahah.

I'll try to cut back on the verbage. Long posts are all part of my grand scheme to avoid the data entry on my desk.

Incentive may be the key. I've been on pub and taken charge of 90% of the people playing, regulars or no, and performed tactical assaults to great effect. It's a pain in the ass getting people on board at first, but once you do they scream for it every time they see you. Cooperative effort takes 'work' but has great reward, few people want the work part though. I think the best coarse of action would be to have a ranking system as an incentive.

If player x is in charge add his name to this text file. People vote him in as commander. If they don't stay within a proximity of him they lose points. Provide points to the commander for proximity of other players, map markers, accomplishmentX or whatever. Text file is persistent and the points are cumulative.

PlayerX, as a skilled commander now has tag [authPilot] on his name in said text file. As an authorized pilot (or other incentive) he can now use aircraft or something else juicy.

It's a cold hard fact that we're not dealing with all xmilitary here. There are a good number of people more attached to their water bong than honor and duty, but love blowing shit up in a military simulation. We all love blowing shit up.. this we have in common.. but jackass needs a carrot.

BTW.. sorry I haven't seen you guys around much. In the limited time I've had to game lately, I've spent it on modding AirDom. AirDom isn't a carrot, it's a glue factory hah.

There is a definite dichotomy in the server when an admin isn't present. I don't blame anyone without admin capabilities switching to the TacDom Server - hell I will sometimes do it even when the server is full of regulars and admins, occasionally a more laid back game is more enjoyable than total and complete annihilation within 10 minutes.

It seems like there are several solutions to the problem, I guess finding the right combination and compromises is best. One thing I appreciated a couple days ago was transporting to the AO via a ground convoy. It was much more enjoyable and required people to stick together, meanwhile a commander can sit in the back and plan the attack.

We started our land dom experiment yesterday, today we can turn off the Parajumps at base (as well as everywhere else) and disable teleporting (this is one of the parametres in 1.12 I believe).

This makes the MH60 chopper pilots job more critical and will keep him busy, so we will try this today. If its unmanageable we will try something else.

Just thinking about the different things we could do, following the "Land Domi" name...

A. Remove the MH-60S lift choppers and replace with MTVRs (removing the current two there, and keeping the ammobox loading)

B. Remove the lift script entirely

C. Change the Wreck Chopper to the Salvage Truck

D. All salvage trucks use a modification of the emplacement loading and lift scripts to carry wrecks ("Load Wreck" puts it "in" the truck like emplacements now, Tow Wreck AttachTo's it to the truck)

E. Pull the Repair Truck script from Evo and use that instead of having all the ammo/fuel trucks.

F. Remove ALL aircraft rewards and move the vehicle reward area closer to the tower.

Keep the MHQs and their respawns. In pubby games, people would whine and cry otherwise. And possibly add in the motorcycle/bicycle spawns next to the flag.

This removes the idiots taking the choppers, and we may even be able to move the base away from the Airfield. Maybe somewhere like where we would put the FARPs.

If I knew anything about how the scripting works, and where to look for that little bit I want to change, I'd try doing it myself.

Interesting thoughts their bud.

My first attempt at land dom failed due to side mission aircraft weighting. I have to fix that. But the intermediate isnt too bad as the F35 (the only aircarft in the side mission bonus) is good for air cover and its bombs are laser guided. Moving around completely by vehicle on this size map is not easy, but join us on Fridays tac dom and we will try a few humvee convoys, plus the MTVR can load ammo, we wont be using the MHQs.

• 2 months later...

I'm not happy about the way motorcycles and mountain bikes disappear. I'm not sure how it works - is it time or distance?

I understand that we need to keep the data storage as low as possible and that is why they dissaper.

If it is time, Then I'd like it if the time were extended. How long does it take?

If distance, then please let us know what the distance is so I can go back and get it before it goes away.

Thanks!

-Maestro

I'm not happy about the way motorcycles and mountain bikes disappear. I'm not sure how it works - is it time or distance?

I understand that we need to keep the data storage as low as possible and that is why they dissaper.

If it is time, Then I'd like it if the time were extended. How long does it take?

If distance, then please let us know what the distance is so I can go back and get it before it goes away.

Thanks!

-Maestro

Please note that this map is a completely different map than KalXen's BigDom map, which currently runs on the Sparta server. Sparta Domination 1.09 has not been used in months, and will never be updated again.