Brace yourselves for a shock

Zeno~SPARTA~

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Im with VIIIPER"

Hmmm that sounds kinda kinky for ya Vi :P

Private locked server .... WTG ! (Don't even consider opening it up to the general public)

Lots of cheaters to repel in this game, there is Anti Cheat mods but they are a pain to install and use and they are not complete by any account, the bastards still ruin your game experience. Some poor bugger has to manually remove the said pests which require everyone to be on the lookout for wankers as well ... Ruins everyones evening.

You can't just ban via game ID either you need to install IP mod banning programs to be on top of the wankers.

Play with known people only, otherwise you get dipshits joining the game and destroying the gear you need to do objectives and transportation vehicles, another favorite trick is to injure the team players as well. Gets lame having to walk for 15 mins to get back to the action.

They also run ahead and agro all the darn enemy for miles around and you end up getting into situations you don't want to experience with a small dedicated team. Outsiders just make this game miserable for all involved unless you know that they wish to play the game with the same outlook like your team.

Edited by MUTILATER

#1 Who are you apologizing to Zeno?

We all know that THIS (ArmA) type of game is not for everyone, neither is CoD4 and neither is EVE-Online. Play if you want to, don't play if you do not want to. Freedom from game persecution is great, ain't it?

#2 The Evolution 3.0 is a good mod that I played months ago, i.e. before Queen's Gambit was released. This mod gets my vote.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1052

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Evolution was just about the only game type I played and enjoyed last time around.

There are many shorter MP coop scenarios out there, so we should be able to find some other stuff to keep us amused.

If we are going to be running from local PC's, the server set up is done on the fly for the most part, so server scriptng is gunna be less of a hassle...

That being said, Evolution is not a short game, so we may want to think about setting up a server just to run Evo.

i still play this from time to time and its gotten ALOT better since the old days. a lot of bugs have been fixed through about 3 beta patches that lead to 1.14 and its still a great game with loads of people playing :D the warfare game is great, there are a lot more better mods ect and more and better modes ect to play for eg, warfare and sarahni life (which is kind of an rpg style thing that is very addictive). if you guys do start to play it properly again i hope to see ya in there from time to time :lol: :clapping:

EDIT: btw go with mutilator....only lock your server and play with people you know. there is battle eye which is the anti cheat software but it always kicks more innocent people than cheaters :rolleyes: <_< or you can always trust people....there are actually a lot less cheaters than there used to be...all in all it is a better game now

Edited by spacehunt

#1 Who are you apologizing to Zeno?

We all know that THIS (ArmA) type of game is not for everyone, neither is CoD4 and neither is EVE-Online. Play if you want to, don't play if you do not want to. Freedom from game persecution is great, ain't it?

#2 The Evolution 3.0 is a good mod that I played months ago, i.e. before Queen's Gambit was released. This mod gets my vote.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1052

Evolution was just about the only game type I played and enjoyed last time around.

There are many shorter MP coop scenarios out there, so we should be able to find some other stuff to keep us amused.

If we are going to be running from local PC's, the server set up is done on the fly for the most part, so server scriptng is gunna be less of a hassle...

That being said, Evolution is not a short game, so we may want to think about setting up a server just to run Evo.

The latest version of Evolution is called ?Evolution Blue v2? and it has some very good improvements.

You can get scopes on some of the weapons and you can use the little-birds right from the start,

That?s just two things I noticed and I just had a quick go.

Does Evo. Blue 2.0 require the Queen's Gambit expansion?

Also, this download is included in the Evolution 3.0 ZIP on my site. Floyd's link works as well for the Blue mission.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Well I will be about this weekend if anyone fancies just going in and taking a walk about and getting reacquainted with the game and its weapons etc, then we can then see about organising some active missions..

LMAO, and I just love the extreme of reactions one simple post can make in a forum, anyone would think Zeno had suggested that the squad takes up satanic worship and begins to eat babies... :hysterical:

@ Mutilator, your right about all the VBS goodies that we could take a look at, I have pretty much all that stuff floating about so once we know how the first few missions go we can take a look at a few of them..

I will be out this weekend but hope to get started next week.

I was apologising to snowshoe, because although she loathes ArmA she is a great team player and enjoys true tactical FPS games, especially OFP. But its just not practical for us to dig out OFP, whereas many of us have ArmA.

ArmA has always elicited strong reactions from our group (hence the title of the post) but it would appear to have been the cause of troubles in other groups as well.

People will chill, this is like a summer shower compared to the TEMPEST that was unleashed when some people started playing Eve Online.

HOLY CRAP!!!! :o

:help: As one who will not play the current version, I must request that everyone consider the following:

1)This is only a few people messing about so they can familiarize themselves with the controls, Pro's, Con's etc. until the new version comes out. Someone has to prepare for the launch of this new game version so that they can gather & provide good information. Personally, I need good information before deciding if I am going to spend 50$ on a game. Yes I am a cheap bastard... ;) but I have found that the Demo's provide only a "snapshot" or "fraction" of the game's potential.

2)This is no different than GTR 2 which is played between 4:00p to 6:00p every Sunday. We have been playing GTR 2 every sunday for over 8 months. There has been no abandon of CoD4, etc. We still play alot of games like CoD4 together daily. Arma 2 will be no different. It should not be a problem either if & when we decide to pursue Arma 2.

3) It is possible that Arma 2 can provide the "exteme tactical game play" that so many have requested.

Yes the Gnet (crouch only) games on Friday & Saturday evenings have provided a little of that. But in reality, even though we are tactical in communications, the game really doesn't require it in order to win. As a result, sometimes our comm's slip out of that mode & some take off on their own.

If you can, try not reading more into this than there is. I think some of us might be reacting to a bad experience in Bda rather than the game. Even with appearance of EVE, with some spending alot of time in it, we still have alot of good fellowship on TS and in other games. There is no reason for us to "freak-out" over the possibility of another game becoming one we put a server up for.

Sincerely,

Zath

I didn't play Arma for long because out of the box it was crap, I couldn't get beyond the third sp mission and it fell apart communually at BDA.

With the guys n gals here I will give any game a shot (dependant on funds) just for the giggles as I know I will have fun.

ArmA is a great tactical game with ok graphics too.

Although i was strongly asked to admin the game i still liked the game and i would love to play it again, but for u that havn´t played it alot and think about doing it, u need to consider that a single game takes up a lot of time before u get the hang of it and we usually played for 12-14 hours straight if we had a good game going.

• 2 weeks later...

It was good to see on Saturday night so many people in both the CoD4 crouch games and the Arma server all at the same time, and even some people moving over from the CoD side of things to Arma. :party:

I've managed to salvage the ArmA intstaller from a hard drive (have the D2D version) set to be reformatted and have the game now installed and patched to 1.14.

Once I iron out my audio problem (no TS) and get the basic controls figured out I hope to join in for some of the fun.

Glad to see this game resurface for all the right reasons.

Hope to see ya out there soon.

X