Spartans Home

My Introduction

BOO

Hey all!

I recently discovered your CoD4 Hardcore server and immediately felt welcome. I joined TS and I've been talking with a few of you guys ever since. I was greeted by such a nice group of guys that I felt the least I could do is join the forum and formally introduce myself as well as give a little background.

My name is Jordan. I'm 21-years-old and I'm currently a junior at WVU: Institute of Technology. At this time, I have an A.S. in Business Technology and a Certificate in Entrepreneurship. My current major is Business Management and I'm minoring in both Economics and Human Resources... possibly Accounting if I can work my classes the right way. I expect to graduate in the Spring of 2009 with my Bachelor's. I'm undecided if I want to pursue a Master's at this time. I'm engaged to my wonderful fiance of over 3 years.

As far as gaming goes, I've played off and on for as long as I can remember. My first online game was DiabloII. It wasn't until about a year ago that I got interested in online FPS games with the purchase of the original Call of Duty. I found that I liked tactical play much more than run and gun because I just couldn't keep up with everyone. I sought out a tactical clan and found my home with the 4thID (4th Infantry Division). While in the 4th, I made friendships quickly and several months later, while the clan was in turmoil, a handful of us decided to split and form our own clan, the 3rdMD (3rd Marine Division). I held the 2nd highest rank for my duration with the clan, but we were more about being a small clan of friends than a large structured organization. I was a captain on our TWL teams and was on the starting roster for all three of the ladders on which we competed. (CoD:UO Base Assault, CoD2: HQ, and CoD2 CTF) Aside from the CoD line, we also had a BF2142 server for a while. When we adopted BF2142, the clan shifted more toward run and gun. I finally broke down and upgraded my computer and found run and gun as a welcome change. I still love a good game of crouch only though. Shortly after CoD4 came out, I decided to return to school and felt I would no longer be able to dedicate sufficient time to the clan as an officer and team captain, so I resigned. That was in late December 2007. After I returned to school, I found that my work wasn't as much as I had expected. I actually have tons of free time! I still play on a regular basis, but I'd rather just play for fun now than worry about competition all the time. I still play on the 3rdMD servers a few times a week, but I just decided that I needed a little change. ENTER SPARTA I was thrilled to learn that you guys have a tactical night and I look forward to playing crouch again. I hope to stick around and get to know everyone better. I even downloaded TeamSpeak Overlay today so I could learn your voices. All of you Brits sound the same! :P

I'm sorry for the novel.

That's the story of BOO.

Hi there Boo/Jordan

I was on the crouch server Friday night i think, or Saturday I dont remember iv had a lot 2 drink since then lol. Anyway i dont think I got a chance 2 game with you.

Glad you have found our server and enjoyed yourself. Please note we have 7 COD4 servers in total running new maps and mods to keep things fresh and fun.

Nice 2 hear you came on teamspeak and met the team I should be on this week a fair bit.

There are several other games we SPARTANS play such as EVE, GTR2, some of the GR series. IL2, Crysis and Pirates Of The Burning Sea. Take a look around and hope to see you online sometime soon.

Sup Boo. I too am a younger guy (not the youngest, but young) and am in school like a few others here as well.

Are you at the Montgomery campus? If so, I am about 2.5 to 3 hours from you. Take 79 North to 33 E, over the mountain(s) to Harrisonburg.

I hope to see you in game some time bro.

Medic

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm on spring break this week, so I'm trying to get an absurd amount of gaming time, lol.

Medic,

Yep. I only live about 15 miles from the campus, or lack thereof (really small school), so I commute.

I love autos, so I'll have to check out the racing games you guys play. I seriously doubt my machine could handle much more than CoD4. I built this thing back in '02. I recently splurged on a laptop for school, so my plans of a new desktop have been put on hold for a while. I wanted to wait for the prices of DDR3 RAM to come down anyway. My current rig is as follows:

Asus P4P800VM

P4 2.6Ghz - 800Mhz FSB /w HT

2GB DDR PC3200 400Mhz Patriot RAM

120GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA HDD

ASUS ATI RADEON x1650pro 256mb AGP 8x

22" ViewSonic VG2230WM Widescreen

Altec Lansing 2.1

Logitech Keyboard/Mouse (nothing fancy like the G5)

The funny thing is that my laptop blows my desktop away, but I hate playing on it.

I thought the introduction was great and shows you've got time to tell up abit

about yourself. I like the novel and would like to also welcome you here.

It's great to have you about and we all hope you enjoy yourself and make many

new friends.

Drop in on some of the other channels & the chat ones especially, so others can

say hello and you can find out abit more about them. Talk soon :)

viii

john

Good to see the info and glad you have enjoyed your time on TS. Can't speak for everyone but I've never been into competition with gaming (serious laddering anyway) I just like this group they will make you welcome and then do there best to shoot, blow you up or knife you lol.