Spartans Home

NVIDIA 9 series

Athlon64~SPARTA~

As we heard all about it, Heard it was on the way, And now its here! The first of the 9 series has been released for sale to the public. Behold the XFX 9600gt. More of the 9 series to be released soon!!!!!!! Direct X 10.1 HDMI

http://www.xfxforce.com/web/viewFeature.js...atureId=2028969

Anouther step ahead of the compatition.

IPB Image

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I got my 8800 GTX (that's not the baby one). I've had it for 13

months and will easily get another year out of it. I have no plans

to upgrade, the prices of 8800 GTX2 are still pricey.

As for 9600, thats a DX10.1 version of my laptop 8600 GT DX10.0

The thing about graphics cards is, if yours does it's job then why bother.

Yes it should play it. In Hidef as well. And I did say the first 9 series card released, next comes the 9800gts 9800gt 9800ultra. XFX states that the 9600 has the same power as the 8800 gts, so you can get an idea from there.

They are both great cards mate, are you going the Intel route? I do like the idea of a HDMI socket it makes a lot of sense. I play movies on a 32 inch Samsung connected to my rig and the difference in picture between that and playing the same movie via Platstation 2 is phenominal.

XFX states that this card is:

> 30% to 50% faster than highest-end GeForce 8800-based graphics card

Id love to see where they said that. This card has fewer of practically everything, shaders included, and isnt even better then a 8800 GT, nevermind an Ultra. This is a low to mainstream card, and the higher resolution you go, the farther it falls behind.

The name change is just a rebranding really. The new core of these graphics cards is a G92, hence the 9xxx name, which is just an improved G80 core, which the 8800 Series had.

The next card from Nvidia is going to be a 9800GX2 in mid march, which is just two 8800 GTS 512 boards linked together with internal SLI (pics and more pics)

There is also a 9800 GTX rumour that has popped up, that has it coming out in late march, but there has been no leaked pictures of it yet, so we'll see.

Even the 9800GTX isnt built on a new architecture, same old G92 core. If you want a really new series, you'll be waiting about 5-6 months until ATI throw out their r700 and nvidia their GT200 cores.

Edited by Punisher~SPARTA~

It said it right on the link I put up about the card. Read down the page and you will see it. BELEVE it or not,The Great and powerful Athlon speaks the truth, allways!

This is taken off the page for the 9600 advertisement. It is the spec on the card. Skittish nonbelevers read and beleve. I think I would beleve the manufacturer rather then some want to be review sight. It did say it has 2 GPUs on board.

AD AS FOLLOWS below=

It’s the event we’ve all been waiting for—the arrival of the XFX NVIDIA GeForce® 9600 GT—the first in our family of powerful new 9-series graphics cards. Engineered to deliver up to 90% greater performance than any GeForce card in its class, these babies power outstanding Blu-ray and HD DVD movie picture quality. Create a mother and child reunion by pairing it with an XFX nForce® motherboard to create the ultimate graphics platform.This baby was born to take on today’s—and tomorrow’s—most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications. But the best news is this: They’re here.

* Comparable to performance of an 8800 GTS

* Available in Extreme and XXX Editions

* HDCP ready for viewing High

Definition movie content

* NVIDIA® Unified Architecture with GigaThread™ technology

* Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Shadow Model 4.0 support

* Lumenex™ engine

* 16x full-screen anti-aliasing

* Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™ and Windows Media Center

* NVIDIA® Quantum Effects™ physics processing technology

* Two dual-link DVI outputs support

two 2560x1600 resolution displays

* PCI Express® 2.0 support

* HDMI capable with the use of HDMI certified components

* HDMI Certified*

* 128-bit High Dynamic-Range Rendering

XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3

Buy Now

XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 XT

Buy Now

XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 XXX

Buy Now

*The 9600 GT XXX edition is fully HDMI certified and includes an HDMI component kit

UNRIVALED GRAPHICS AND GAMING PERFORMANCE

> Combines the power of two graphics processors for ultra-fast, smooth gameplay at extreme HD resolutions with all in-game features turned on

> 30% to 50% faster than highest-end GeForce 8800-based graphics card

> High Dynamic Range lighting with 16x full-screen anti-aliasing adds cinematic realism

IMMERSIVE, EXTREME HD ENTERTAINMENT

> New PureVideo HD engine supports hardware

acceleration of high definition movies and picture-in-

picture content for the ultimate interactive Blu-ray

and HD DVD movie experience

> Dynamic contrast enhancement and color stretch

video processing optimized on a scene by scene

basis for spectacular picture clarity

> HDMI connector enables sending both high definition video and audio signals to your HDTV over a single cable

Hey Kram

Ile sell you my 8800gts 640 for 127.11 pounds or $250 american and then you can put them in sli and have more power than a 8800gtx and have 1.2 gigs of vid ram as well. And it has lifetime warranty.

The 8800gts 640 still sells for $349 new.

But I my self will wait for the 9800 gts or gt before i buy.

isit BFG? does that make a difference? can I run a different make 8800gts 640 in SLi with my BFG?

I'll certainly consider it Athlon thats for sure thanks.

Roses are red - Violets are blue - nVidia make the fastest graphics cards on the planet - And rhyming's for n00bs (saw this on a webby, laughed a bit)

I think so, one of the big selling points is that you can mix 2 different mfg cards and it will work. I know a guy who did it with 2 6600s and it worked fine. I would check first tho.

And I have to agree with you on the fastest thing

And my AMD 6400 black is out powered buy the outhers YA right.