Spartans Home

(Race Driver) GRID 2 - out now

NoScream~SPARTA~

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed and ran no problem on my aging gaming PC.

1. Getting very slight graphics distortion as a banding for a micro second when ever the car bashes into something.

2. Online mode worked fine first attempt. Seems to have a built in comms system that automatically uses your mic, can't see any settings for it. Sounds good quality though.

3. Steam friends list appears in offline mode league tables.

Looking forward to testing this out with you guys.

I have played for a couple of hours in single player and quite like it. So far the cars have been those that are loose at the back, but I am just on to the balanced cars. I turned off a few graphics features (post processing amongst them) and it works and looks fine.

I'll be on tonight if you want a quick run around the tracks.

Rocky, I think the banding when you crash is part of the game...it goes crazy when you actually wipe out...

Yes! I read that last night, people were even saying it is in Grid too, but in all these years playing grid I have never seen that.

It is distracting, awkward, unrealistic and confusing. It should be removed.

I found out the comms is managed through steam, not ingame. Someone here needs to decide if we are going to use in game comms for this title or stick with the TS server. If we are sticking with TS, a quick guide on how to switch off all in game comms could be posted up.

Edited by Rocky

Installed and ran no problem on my aging gaming PC.

1. Getting very slight graphics distortion as a banding for a micro second when ever the car bashes into something.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/camera-height-fx-chase-lag-roll-mod.334/ CAM FX OFF mod sounds about right?

no intro also http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/faster-loading.350/

Edited by PANiC

hmm doesnt work, then you go to downloads and click the link and it works, appears to be exactly the same link, weird ship-o-meter

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/camera-height-fx-chase-lag-roll-mod.334/

/edit, fixed link, the forum put a space at the end of the url in the link code for some reason.

Edited by PANiC

Spent a couple of hours on this last night, some online with Zeno & then SP for more familiarity with the game.

Really enjoyed it and it felt a better driving experience than Grid.

Graphically it's a dream but I experienced huge fps diffferences between tracks. I'd initially left the game at stock settings, which for my setup it decided would be "high" for the video options. Played some MP with Zeno and on a coast road track was getting 72 to 98 fps.

We then switched to another road track but one with detailed scenery on both sides, fps dropped to 16!

Once I dropped the video settings to "medium" fps went up into the 40 - 50 range. Much better and still to improve once I tweak the specifics I assume.

This was with my new 7870 2gb card.

I have noticed after each race there is a leader board.

is this just available in game? I can't seem to see it any other place apart from after a race?

Anybody else?

is this just available in game? I can't seem to see it any other place apart from after a race?

Anybody else?

I've only seen it after race also.

I'm assuming it is compiled from your Steam friends list, as I'm only seeing Sparta associated names on it.

Thanks for the links panic, great resource.

What about this comms issue with TS going very very quiet, from what I heard last night, I need to alt tab out and pull up the sound mixer from the windows toolbar? I'll probably experiment later on and see exactly what is happening to sound levels there are report it as a bug.

Thanks for the links panic, great resource.

What about this comms issue with TS going very very quiet, from what I heard last night, I need to alt tab out and pull up the sound mixer from the windows toolbar? I'll probably experiment later on and see exactly what is happening to sound levels there are report it as a bug.

I get that from time to time with World of Tanks I do not know a solution

If you alt + tab out like i do alot you will notice it goes to window mode.

To get this back click on the window and press alt + enter on the num pad.

This will get it back to full screen.

Cheers

If you have grid 2 make sure you do the online global challenge (first race). I forget the track but its in an Aston Martin Vanquish. Once you have a bash the vanquish is added to your only car collection (which is sadly completely unrelated to your single player garage). I think the challenges last for 7 days and may change on friday.

Anybody else?

this info in in steam also, but it's not been setup properly yet. select grid2 in your library, click on view all achievements / or achievements on the right side under links. then click on leaderboards. http://steamcommunity.com/id/bprpanic/stats/Grid2?tab=leaderboards yeah liek i said it aint finished yet :/

thought it might be on racenet, but it just seems buggy and doesnt really do a lot at all https://racenet.codemasters.com/driver/326427 if you click on this one https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid2/welcome and login you get a lot more info, but it seems to be based around how many followers you have in single player... :/ you can see global challenges tho, if the page ever loads

you should get your ass into the mix in the global challenges (multi player > global challenges) as mentioned by Zeno above.

Edited by PANiC