Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

Had a really fun time last night with eric and killerbees. Confirmed group of hostiles with a camp with at least 1 atv. Gaddafi, Sloth, omardufromage, bill cosby, around the Gorka area.

So, I told asked eric to come help me because I had very low blood, and he did. While he is aiding me, we hear one loud shot. We proceed south east from dubina hill or whatever and we see a bus leaving the factory with 5 guys in it. I quickly switch out from my SAW to my dmr and Eric asks if he should engage with his as50. I said, yes now! He fires a couple of rounds, hits the driver, the bus stops and 4 guys demount, eric gets a runner that is zig zagging like 400m out with the as50 and we dont see anything else. So we sit and wait, and observe. Couple of minutes in, eric starts approaching the bus for the loot, and I see another guy prone, close to the bus. I assume the bus is 300m out and I take two shots, killing the other one that is prone next to the bus. So we loot their shit, like 3 nvgs and gps. And so, since eric had frapsed the whole thing, we hid in some trees and hit the lobby to check the footage.

Approximately 30 minutes later, I log on again, and I crawl up to see if the bus is still there and I see one guy sitting in the bus and two on the outside of the bus. I take a couple of shots and kill one of the guys, gaddafi, again. I go back down the hill and relocate, go back up, get eyes again and I kill bill cosby. I back off from my fire position one more time, and while I am doing so, I see someone prone, 50m from me going up the hill, his back is to me. I ask eric, is that you prone, he says no, im crouched. So I take aim, put one round, and I kill sloth. I relocate once more and keep eyes on the bus. Eric and I were on the same hill and killerbees was in an opposite hill from us. So we sit for a couple of minutes and Killerbees shouts off, the is another guy, just logged in in the back of the bus, he's prone. I take aim, I see he has a anpv4 fn fal and he looks at me, like straight on, I open fire and kill the last guy. Frickin heart pounding all the time, got 6 murders in this little encounter, and eric got 2. Really good teamwork from all of us. In the end, we got a mk48, 3 pairs of nvgs, and one gps.

The bus was left there, close to the factory with the two front tires shot out. We think that they might have a camp somewhere west of the factory around the malinovka hill. This area, polana, gorka, berezino should be our focus area for the next week.

Also additional intel from RunLevel6, a guy by the name of "SomeMech" is in possession of the green ural and is also in the eastern part of the map. RunLevel6 encountered the guy in balota, and he gave him a ride till the NEAF then bailed off somewhere.

Keep eyes on all these guys when in the server. SomeMech is apparently alone. But, Gaddafi, Sloth, Bin Laden, omardufromage, they are all in a group.

Have to say, keeping away from this mod and coming back to it like this is what makes it cool for me.

skaz out.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look at the damage you guys caused, pretty impressive! The bus is still there along with a couple of dead bodies, some have disappeared however. The bus was ambushed in almost the ideal spot, there was little cover for the other players to hide behind. You did quite the number on them! :thumbsup:

I've also found two tent locations today filled with some decent ammo. I'll let people know the details when i'm next on the server.

As I posted on the video itself, I can not see anything when the AS50 is up but because of the commentary I was drawn into what was happening, hook line and sinker!

You can almost smell the adrenaline thumbsup_anim.gif

Great capture!

Is there a problem with the server? Since last night seems I've been getting stuck at "waiting for host" but not getting in.

Is there a problem with the latest ARMA beta? Previous version was running great, and then yesterday 92508 seemed to change that.

They are doing server upgrades right now, moving everything over to IvyBridge. Looks like a lot of servers are having desync issues right now as well.

From the posts they've left on the DayZ boards, they seem completely out of their depths - the sudden influx of business, well they probably can't handle it.

Wish they'd just suck it up, say they're sorry, and get to work updating the hive files like they're supposed to.

Server should be up and running okay now.

I will be reseting it again at ~5:00pm CST and that should take care of any lingering problems. Camo and Ghillie suit issues should be fixed now.

Phisher - did they remove camo clothing and ghillie suits from the loot table? Been a long time since I've seen any spawn.

Lost my tent during the update of the server, but oh well, kind of the nature of the beast I guess.

The server browser in arma is part of a third party application called gamespy. Right now, gamespy is under maintenance. However, we can still connect to servers using the remote button on the browser.

Use this LISTER, find the ip and port and open it up in the remote tab that pops up.

Picture is worth more than a thousand words.

zNiWn.jpg

little north borderline coverage, found the chopper in one of our old bases.

Found two tents and and atv. Stole what I could, drove over the tents, destroyed the atv and left with our chopper. Biiiiitch

Picture is worth more than a thousand words.

zNiWn.jpg

little north borderline coverage, found the chopper in one of our old bases.

Found two tents and and atv. Stole what I could, drove over the tents, destroyed the atv and left with our chopper. Biiiiitch

U Liar ...

why ? (u say)

No Murders (i am pretty sure this isn't correct..) hahahahahaha

we still got this one ...