Spartans Home

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

So this is most-likely an issue where I need to get a new mobo, huh?

Dunno

Unless u can replace stuff like ; a diode etc.. (look for a broken one or something else) on the mobo.

The pc shuts down at 32c on the CPU, surely its not the paste.

You are correct. I failed to realize this was page 2.

I have read the other posts and agree that this is most likely MOBO related.

Hey Durka,

I had the same issue with one of the MB Asus I had to return.

Good news is:

There is nothing you can do about it. Call the MB tech support, speak with a tekkie, tell him what you already did. If the MoBo is on warranty they will issue you an RMA ticket and you are gold.

Bad news is:

It is the MB, if is still under warranty, see above and go for RMA, if is not... start shopping.

.... that stuff sucks.

I went ahead and upgraded my rig with a new mobo and CPU. I didn't want to upgrade until next year, but thought I might as well do it and save myself the trouble when my video card goes out in 6mo, lol.

I got a Core i5 2500k, which was rated on Newegg 5 stars after over 1,500 ratings so I should be good with that. I went cheap on the mobo and got a ASRock brand board. With that I had to get new memory, but the mobo, cpu, and memory still came in cheaper than what I paid over 3yrs ago for a core 2 quad and Asus mobo. With the new power supply I ignorantly bought, it came in at around $550 total and a TIGHT space inside my case. I'm gonna have to get a full tower one of these days, ugh.

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get it all installed tomorrow night. Thanks again to everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.

I went ahead and upgraded my rig with a new mobo and CPU. I didn't want to upgrade until next year, but thought I might as well do it and save myself the trouble when my video card goes out in 6mo, lol.

I got a Core i5 2500k, which was rated on Newegg 5 stars after over 1,500 ratings so I should be good with that. I went cheap on the mobo and got a ASRock brand board. With that I had to get new memory, but the mobo, cpu, and memory still came in cheaper than what I paid over 3yrs ago for a core 2 quad and Asus mobo. With the new power supply I ignorantly bought, it came in at around $550 total and a TIGHT space inside my case. I'm gonna have to get a full tower one of these days, ugh.

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get it all installed tomorrow night. Thanks again to everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.

Sounds good, welcome to the wonderful world that is the i-series of Intel chips. At least you get one with an unlocked multiplier, so it'll be easy to overclock. Us early adopters were not so fortunate (unless you wanted to pay $1000+).

Well done Durka :)

That is a good machine. The ASRock Mobo I don t know but buttom line, if is cheap, still has a warranty, if it fails, they will replace it.

Besides some technicality that majority of users don t need to have, also a cheap MB can do perfectly its job

have been running the i5 2500k for 3 months oc at 4.2, sweet as a nut . core temps stable at 28 but i do have an effing big fan bolted to the side of the cpu lol.

happy gaming mate.......................

Edited by Cent~SPARTA~

have been running the i5 2500k for 3 months oc at 4.2, sweet as a nut . core temps stable at 28 but i do have an effing big fan bolted to the side of the cpu lol.

happy gaming mate.......................

Got mine on 4.5 @ 1.360 Vcore (watercooled)

Got everything installed and all seems to be working fine.(fingers crossed) Thanks everyone for the good advice. One question that might be a dumb one, but what temps should I be concerned with and what is a good average temp for my processor to have? Currently it's running at 35c, but I'm not really pushing the processor much. Obviously, the better temp is the lower one, so I was just trying to figure out safe avg temps or dangerous high temps. I've got 4 case fans running and one big Zalman CPU fan running.

Nothing should hit triple digits (in Celsius), and anything above 70 for any component isn't good in my opinion. Even though they can technically handle it (i.e. graphics card/CPU), I still try to keep everything below 70 or at the very least below 80.

Hard drives should be even lower, and shouldn't really go above 30-degrees C, otherwise you risk drive failures.

But 35C at idle is fine for your CPU.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Everything lower then 50 is always goood

i got me (4) cores around -26° max 35° on idle stuff (no real stress gaming)

Mobo around + -28°

HD1 + -30° HD2 (SSD) +- 22°(most of the time)

GPU on idle(googling) around + -35°(above 40° fan goes up auto)

fans around -600rpm +1000rpm (got watercooling)

i use speedfan (auto fans according temps)

(temps wor givin as i was rounding up this post)

greetz

• 3 months later...

cant seem to start a new thread so asking on this as a side question

has anyone seen anything like this happen with arma 2 or sixupdater?

apparntly my computer has 2 instances of the OS partition both taking 238gb one is the C: os, the other is P: os while the p os is 238gb it only has some arma 2 files inside? i cannot format, remove this and i have no idea if its some kind of image that stubbornly wrote itself to the my computer part of the machine.

anyone ever seen it and any idea how to get rid of it?

Edited by niall

cant seem to start a new thread so asking on this as a side question

has anyone seen anything like this happen with arma 2 or sixupdater?

apparntly my computer has 2 instances of the OS partition both taking 238gb one is the C: os, the other is P: os while the p os is 238gb it only has some arma 2 files inside? i cannot format, remove this and i have no idea if its some kind of image that stubbornly wrote itself to the my computer part of the machine.

anyone ever seen it and any idea how to get rid of it?

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Sounds like Bohemia's little partition they make when you install the Bohemia SDK tools (the PBO creator, Texture viewer, map editor, etc).

It's essentially just a RAM drive, but it appears to be the same size as your main OS drive.

Do you see a Bohemia Interactive/Tools folder under your Start Menu? If so, you should be able to uninstall it. Click Remove BI's Tools Drive under Bohemia Interactive/Tools/BI's Tools Drive

ahh right ive downloaded something like that alright its a arma2 p3d viewer from what i can make out from one of the exe names. if its not earmarking off 1/3 of my hdd it can stay is that normal though? is yours like that mh6?

ps thanks for the speedy reply the uninstall app doesnt work as it cant seem to find it. 8/

Edited by niall

ahh right ive downloaded something like that alright its a arma2 p3d viewer from what i can make out from one of the exe names. if its not earmarking off 1/3 of my hdd it can stay is that normal though? is yours like that mh6?

ps thanks for the speedy reply the uninstall app doesnt work as it cant seem to find it. 8/

It only actually takes up 28Mb on your system. I'd leave it unless having a P:/ partition bothers you. It won't hurt anything (and removing it will break some of the BI tools I believe)