Spartans Home

Time to upgrade

Cent~SPARTA~

In the next 4 to 6 wks im going to be upgrading my system. This wont be the mother of all systems but believe me its a massive upgrade from what's installed now.

If possible i'd like comments idea's etc about the components as im not a massive tech mogul as most of you all know by now lol!!

If anything looks wrong or mismatched let me no. My budjet is only £600/£700 so its not going to be a "Dream Machine" but something that should last a wee while.

At the min i will be staying with Win Vista x64 until later in the year when i hope to upgrade to Win7. Let me no what u think chaps.

Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 1.5V Non-ECC Unbuffered

Gigabyte GTX 560 OC Edition 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card

Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read = 550MB/s, Write = 510MB/s

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed

I already have a 800W PSU And Corsair CPU cooling from last upgrade along with a poor mans 260G HDD. This i hope to replace when the floods receed.

I did look at that but I shud n able to oc the i5 to 4ghz with no real issues. Plus there a few bits n bobs extra to that list like new dvd drive case fans etc. I want to keep a few quid asside for win7 n a 1tb hdd later in the year.

Sorry? Your beer is not brought you to by a scantily clad woman on demand, cold and cool? Only way here in the UK. We couldn't possibly consider having to open our own beer?!?!? :United_Kingdom:

Our women may not be scantily clad but they are attractive and have all their teeth.

:United_States:

Same spec as the upgrade I have just done.

My i5 is oc'd to 4.8 on air and is happy as larry.

WHAT how tha guacamole you do that ?

explain will ya... (hardware?)

Sorry? Your beer is not brought you to by a scantily clad woman on demand, cold and cool? Only way here in the UK. We couldn't possibly consider having to open our own beer?!?!? :United_Kingdom:

I just found out I have a nose allergy to hops. :rip_1:

Cent lemme know how much of an improvement that i5 is. I'm considering upgrading in the next year and have been looking at that.

Just.... WOW ! :ogle:

Thats what it says on the linky but how did u do it settings ?? vcore 1.450v + or what ?? gimme gimme BIOS ??

i had mine on x48 to @ one point but not REALLY stable . ( and i have watercooling aid )

(MINE: 1.360v on x45 STABLE )

greetz.

Edited by EBE

Considering 4.5ghz is supposed to be easy on a 2500k thats not much of a stretch.

So i am dying to know how u did it guys ?

settings;:;:;:;: bios ;:;:;:;: