Spartans Home

~Sparta~ Insurgency

EL_n00biachi

Roadmap:

Fill up ammo-boxes [] pretty easy task. this is done but i still have to combine\separate some stuff....???

Joining\leaving squads [] not sure how hard that will be,spawning on your team members might make this join\leave impossible....depending on how its scripted.

Example: you join the game team A ,you leave A to join B,you die and spawn on your team-member...but still spawn on a team A member.

1) Players do not respawn with the same weapon they chose. I know Gunthar fixed that, so if you have problems fixing it, talk to him.

2) No A.T. weapons and no backpacks

3) No choice to spawn on each other...I figured that we would decide as a group that if this was a good thing or switch back to how it was.

4) Vehicles respawn after 1min of no one being in them.

5) So far only RH weps are the only weapons in game...Ie no satchels, pkm's, rockets, just missing stuff in general

7) MHQ is just a stryker. There is no ability to open it up. This goes back to if we decide as a group if we want to keep it that way.

8) Helicopter can't pick up anything... Also we can decide as a group if we want that ability.

Wish list...

Special Forces skins instead of army.

If possible brits multicam skins too.

Only have the Mrap with the 50cal turret on top. Too powerful with camera gun. mINI gun mrap is up to everyone.

Different variants of hummer. Armored hummer seems to be everyones favorite. The one with the shield around the turret gunner.

So far....

base needs a bit of cleaning up and making it look better...

i cant fix the damn backpacks!!respawning with the weapon you were holding last b4 you died should work but you lose the backpack.....not sure why yet.

leaving vehicles behind for longer than 15minutes makes them respawn; ATV's respawn after 2 minutes.

mhq works.

SF skins,i added Germans and Czech's etc but had to roll back to a version b4 i added the skins...do that tomorrow.

Hummers were changed.

Mraps changed to the m2s and minigun,no more crows :X

1 US 1 Rus ammo box with everything in there...maybe combine or separate stuff??.........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H974TKAL

Edited by EL_n00biachi

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU~~ I appreciate you doing this. I know how much of a pain in the a$$ it is. :banana_dance:

BTW what I mean by the spawning is a domination style. Where you can select to spawn in the fob...take a vehicle out and have fun. I was thinking since it's zargabad and not taki it will be more fun that way. It seems like you got the basic idea down. Once again ty ty ty ty for editing the mission. I own you one. :winner_first:

I was beginning to think I was being annoying :)

:beatdeadhorse:

I'll be home later tonight to help test/play

Ok.......this needs testing cause i dont know if i broke any scripting chains...or if it can be hosted on a dedicated server at all.

In this test i added RHWEPS still in separate boxes,basic US and Rus ,MXpro,...added 2 choppers,Hummers and ATV's....MHQ is still there.....respawn is at base....i dont know how the MHQ works on Insurgency....if you dont want to use it i guess you can just leave it be back at "base".

Everything respawns when destroyed.

You can "lower" grass settings with left CTRL+Tab.....its not much but...its something.

This is all really just a test and not even close to what should be expected for a SPARTA edit but i just need to know be for i go on if it still functions as Insurgency...areas turning green etc.

My head aches cause of this plus the fact that i #$^%&!& hate Insurgency.....so i will continue tomorrow lol

I just think its only fair that someone who plays ARMA2 gives it a shot before others are asked to help out,i hope if i fail someone else could give it a go :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QWF14D0B <<< Not sure why the link sometimes doesnt work...could be cause of server load but....blah...

bugs so far:

1) Players do not respawn with the same weapon they chose. I know Gunthar fixed that, so if you have problems fixing it, talk to him.

2) No A.T. weapons and no backpacks

3) No choice to spawn on each other...I figured that we would decide as a group that if this was a good thing or switch back to how it was.

4) Vehicles respawn after 1min of no one being in them.

5) So far only RH weps are the only weapons in game...Ie no satchels, pkm's, rockets, just missing stuff in general

6) This was a bug before we edited the mission, but sometimes we cant hear each other firing... I don't know why... Not a big problem... dont really notice it.

7) MHQ is just a stryker. There is no ability to open it up. This goes back to if we decide as a group if we want to keep it that way.

8) Helicopter can't pick up anything... Also we can decide as a group if we want that ability.

Wish list...

Special Forces skins instead of army.

Only have the Mrap with the 50cal turret on top. Too powerful with camera gun. mINI gun mrap is up to everyone.

Different variants of hummer. Armored hummer seems to be everyones favorite. The one with the shield around the turret gunner.

The actual game itself is running great. We can turn squares green, enemies spawn. Civis are everywhere. So it seem's that you've done it noob! You altered the mission without screwing up the gameplay of insurgency... Which I have heard is a pain in the ass to fix. THank you again!!!!! Everyone is loving the Mrap's. They add a lot to it.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

bugs so far:

2) No A.T. weapons and no backpacks Can add that simple.

3) No choice to spawn on each other...I figured that we would decide as a group that if this was a good thing or switch back to how it was. mmmmm theres one of the "breaking script chains"

4) Vehicles respawn after 1min of no one being in them. thats a simple setting you can change deserting your verhicle is probably defaulted at 60seconds or i think 120seconds....can change that np

5) So far only RH weps are the only weapons in game...Ie no satchels, pkm's, rockets, just missing stuff in general can be added,np

6) This was a bug before we edited the mission, but sometimes we cant hear each other firing... I don't know why... Not a big problem... dont really notice it. i heard Donzi and roach talk about this when they were playing the normal unedited version...dunno what it is.

7) MHQ is just a stryker. There is no ability to open it up. This goes back to if we decide as a group if we want to keep it that way. mmmm weird i played it and it was an mhq....and i could deploy it from the backside????

8) Helicopter can't pick up anything... Also we can decide as a group if we want that ability. ....not sure if you need a lift chopper in Zargabad,but ill have a look...never done that b4 tho :C)

Wish list...

Special Forces skins instead of army. You mean that mod Gunthar used or vanilla deltaforce....the dude with the bandana and the "Karl" the german toweldude???

Only have the Mrap with the 50cal turret on top. Too powerful with camera gun. mINI gun mrap is up to everyone. ok,i think i just put all versions in there to see whats what.

Different variants of hummer. Armored hummer seems to be everyones favorite. The one with the shield around the turret gunner. ok :X

The actual game itself is running great. We can turn squares green, enemies spawn. Civis are everywhere. So it seem's that you've done it noob! You altered the mission without screwing up the gameplay of insurgency... Which I have heard is a pain in the ass to fix. THank you again!!!!! Everyone is loving the Mrap's. They add a lot to it.

2 much credit,i didnt alter much,and mostly simply added stuff and moved stuff around,edited the ammount of grass that gets deleted,added vehicle respawn script........its always dangerous to screw up the zillions of dependencies. oh btw ...Insurgency sucks!! lol ill edit the first post tomorrow and add your requests so i dont lose track of it :X

Not sure how important this is.

When I joined late last night I had to play as OPFOR. More often than not, rather than spawning as my desired choice it spawned me as random characters, quite often at a distance from where I had picked to spawn.

Still, good fun for an hour or so.

Not sure noob, whatever was being played last night but I guess that as it was vanilla Arma it wasn't your edit?

.....i think insurgency is being played on the vanilla server,i doubt Zeno uploaded a crappy test version to it lol.....i hope its the unedited version!!lol

I have to sleep,16month old boy will be here at 630 am and its already 1 :X by all means feel free to fix the backpack shit.....arghhh....

Dont think leaving and joining squads will work with Insurgency.

Status updates and new link first post.

• 2 weeks later...

The mod is http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9693&highlight=MAXXPRO,the mission file is up on the first post....it needs testing like i said :).....im not gonna spend hours if i dont get any feedback,first post has all the info on whats been done and what is still open.

The mod is http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9693&highlight=MAXXPRO,the mission file is up on the first post....it needs testing like i said :).....im not gonna spend hours if i dont get any feedback,first post has all the info on whats been done and what is still open.

Thx Noob

Last night I was on with Diz and we were wondering if having battle eye ON was causing the game lag / disconnects we get.

If so can we add that to the list n turn it off on this mission?

R