Spartans Home

I like it rough

Shadowjack~SPARTA~

I really enjoy a rough game of Arma with lotsa ai and that ai cranked up to max. Like a real battle instead of turkey shoot!

And more armor and aircraft...

Maybe a "copy" of a standard map with everything maxed out.

Also, instead of all coop, maybe a little person to person with no ai, limited to people on teamspeak....

I hear ya!....i would like to try a PvP scenario too....im just dying to pwn Haji.....but us Euro's would have an unfair advantage....we are all much younger than you guys on the other side of the Atlantic....and our pings are much better :P :thumbsup_anim: im kidding!

Sniper alley stuff .. flicky flicky

Are u sure ... :poster_oops:

(do u got the guts to go down while everybody is looking and aiming on ya *ss ...

(do ya feel lucky.. punk ....do ya "dirty eastwood " haha

(i have done some servers like this ,tough is what comes to mind.)

ONLY HANDGUNS and i am INN woehaaahahahha.. (no sniper rifles or M60-ties )(and not tomutch people)

greetzzzzzz

LOL.. I know.. Gunthar has an Answer for u ;)

About the P vs P I have a quite simple idea, which I throw to the Mission designers in our family:

What about a quite simple scenario, 8 vs 8 in a potentially small map environment with a simple DEFEND and CONQUER Objective?

Look at it like one of the many missions we already played, as example Size a small Airfiled

It could be a small Russian squad (decent weapons) Defending this strategical small airport and a Special Forces squad dropping in with the objective of clean the area and secure the place. Of course for this to make sense, it should be NO respawn only, you're dead, it sucks to be you :)

We played this scenario already with AI, what having humans? Russians got Intel of a possible US attack so they are alerted, but their orders are maximize security and hold position.

US special forces need to secure the area, quite straight forward.

2 teams 8 vs 8, once you play Russian, once you play US on an Out of the best of 3 scoring game.

It should be fun, quick and violent :)

Here are some older TvT missions I made a long time ago, which were built to mimick Ghost Recon style battles. I went off a template, which I believe is the other file, but it's been a while. The missions were extremely easy to modify and adjust. I'm willing to bet there have been some updates on Armaholic to the template too. Hope this helps.

TvT_Sparta_MapPack.zip

AAS-template.zip

I hear ya!....i would like to try a PvP scenario too....im just dying to pwn Haji.....but us Euro's would have an unfair advantage....we are all much younger than you guys on the other side of the Atlantic....and our pings are much better :P :thumbsup_anim: im kidding!

You'd have to watch out for Fatal and his despicable exploding chickens though! :ranting2:

I wouldn't mind playing the odd game of PvP providing we get decent-sized teams or failing that we bulk some sides out with AI etc. I can think of a couple of scenarios that i'd find fun such as:

-assaulting/defending a fortified position (attackers get numerical superiority but aren't allowed scopes or something)

-performing an armoured sweep through a few villages/towns, only one of which is defended (Defenders obviously know which village but the attackers wouldn't know beforehand).

I think PvP sounds quite good because it would be harder to predict what's going to happen next.

The last 2 weeks we've been destroying AO's in record times.....return of the opfor commander.......???.....i guess you could put the skill level at max,but then they'l just turn into ao's filled with Karl's....meaning getting killed by a guy using iron-sights 2 clicks out :X

You'd have to watch out for Fatal and his despicable exploding chickens though! :ranting2:

I wouldn't mind playing the odd game of PvP providing we get decent-sized teams or failing that we bulk some sides out with AI etc. I can think of a couple of scenarios that i'd find fun such as:

-assaulting/defending a fortified position (attackers get numerical superiority but aren't allowed scopes or something)

-performing an armoured sweep through a few villages/towns, only one of which is defended (Defenders obviously know which village but the attackers wouldn't know beforehand).

I think PvP sounds quite good because it would be harder to predict what's going to happen next.

Just so you know,some of Durka's missions are called "siege...tankbattle" and 2 other "siege's"....i like the convoy one :X

Just so you know,some of Durka's missions are called "siege...tankbattle" and 2 other "siege's"....i like the convoy one :X

I should have opened up his links before suggesting anything d'oh! I'll have a wee look at them when I get some time this week.

I can do as you ask, But have you tried Insurgency or war in Takistan or even other islands, the last time I increased the difficulty of the AI, the number of AI or the number of enemy aircraft, there were a lot of complaints or just an empty server, so are you sure you want this.

Well people can always take control of the server and set it on a different version of a map when theres only a few players on.

One thing that i liked about "Nial's" 3dPara public domination server.....when SPARTA was down we played there with a few of us a few nights....and at the AO's every 5 minutes or so there were reinforcements coming in from a random direction over ground.....about 2 or 3 armored pieces and 10 to 20 infantry...and it put great strain on "SPARTA" as Nial called our bunch...as we tried to take down the radio tower...it was really awesome.

Of course i tried to do it in the editor but it would totally break the domination scripts lol so i dont know how they did it.....but thats just me,ha!

I think I still have a fully operational pvp dogfight map somewhere on my hd. As far as I know it is 4 Harriers against 4 SU 25s. Maybe I have to rework it as it was written on a very early state of ACE and at a point where OA did not exist. But if tehere is interest I can revive it.

Everytime when i think this game is about to die people come up with new idea's and the enthusiasm returns,hell didn't we have like 20 players on Saturday night?! :banana_dance:

....there was actually some talk about wanting a dogfight pvp or coop scenario...and i believe the old servers had such a mission....but im not sure.

@Shadow

I will make changes to our domination missions. when you choose normal armor in the parameters there will be potentially double the enemy and armor, less will equal current levels for both and no armor will equal current levels for infantry and no armor.

There is already a "Skill" parameter for the AI, it is currently on normal but you can choose to put it on high. AI on high will detect you quickly and once detected will tend to shoot you in the face. We run the dispersion mod which reduces automatic fire accuracy for the AI, but not the single shot weapons such as the Fal and snipers:

I need to work on the air assault domi mission for Saturday, so I will not be able to get onto this until Sunday. JHunter and I have also chatted about the possiblity of indexing the number of enemy to the number of players on the server, we will look at this when we have time

@Noobiachi

I have worked on Weedkillers mission and incorparated it into ours. The mission is on the server and is called

Domi_ACERHCarBomb_2_57z_.Takistan

Because some of his work remains in the mission I have left his name in the opening credits. I am not showing any opening errors, but should you encounter any please be sure to report them (Especially Medics, Engineers, MG gunners). Of course the ammobox now contains all of the goodies we enjoy and I have added the RH ammo boxes as well.

Enjoy.

Z

Wait... How the heck did I miss this????? Why you son of a ......... Bring it Noob! You bring it! This old man with the inferior ping will bust your ass son!

Not kidding United_States.gifthumbsup_anim.gif