Spartans Home

May 23rd - Some great Steam sales

At some point earlier today, Steam dumped a lot of games into the "Specials" category. Among the highlights:

* The Rainbow Six games (Vegas 2 is $6.69).

* The Silent Hunter games (Silent Hunter 4 is $13.39)

* World in Conflict ($13.39, you might like it if you enjoy CoH, and there is a demo available).

Worth looking into. Personally, I would recommend WiC if you enjoy RTS games; the game focuses on a "what-if?" scenario where the USSR invades the USA in the mid/late 1980's. The narrative for the SP campaign is excellent, and MP is very different from CoH because each player on a team focuses on controlling one aspect of their side's forces (air, armor, infantry, artillery, etc.) instead of each player having an entire army of their own to manage. And if you don't purchase it now, I'm sure it will be on sale again soon during Steam's Summer Sale.

** EDIT ** I should correct myself and say you might enjoy WiC if you enjoy RTS games, but not necessarily CoH. WiC has no base-building mechanics; the game focuses entirely on tactical combat.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

I got Vegas 2 for free from a friend who owed me a favor :)

Didn t have a big chance to test it in Multy yet .. SP in Vegas 2 is very nice tho.. I definetely would suggest that game to whoever doesn t have it.. I mean at 7 bucks is a great deal :)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Bought the WiC Complete package. I liked it when I played the demo a couple years back, but didn't have any friends who played it nor a computer to run it well. Playing the campaign atm, fairly entertaining as far as RTS's go.

If you like DoW2's tactical, no-base building style of RTS but want it in a slightly more contemporary setting, this game is great. A lot more balanced too, though not quite as flashy. Lots of great teamplay involved in MP. Should be good for the days when we're all worn out on our "regular" games.

MP is very different from CoH because each player on a team focuses on controlling one aspect of their side's forces (air, armor, infantry, artillery, etc.) instead of each player having an entire army of their own to manage

You obviously haven't been playing CoH with us, Fatal. Haha. Usually, that is what we try to do. But I know what you meant. Suppose I'll be picking this up as well.

- JHunter