Spartans Home

PC Gamer blasts OFP: Red RIver

(Sorry for starting a new thread on this, but for the life of me I couldn't find the older ones)

PC Gamer just released it's review of 'Operation Flashpoint: Red River' on their website. In short, you'd be better of spending your $50 to pay someone to kick you in the groin.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/21/operation-flashpoint-red-river-review-2/

Strange, because all those playing it through the campaign say something different...

I looked at the actual players feedback on the Cm forums and it's surprisingly positive.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335

Either PCGAMER review is bias or he had a bad day cos I could find little to support his claims when compared to the players feedback.

Does this read like a group that has changed the way they do business??? This is on their official forums for the PC.

Here are the patch notes for the day-1 PC patch for Operation Flashpoint: Red River. This patch brings the PC version into alignment with the console versions of the game. There will not be a day-1 patch for console versions as they are already updated to the latest version, however we do request you to keep sending in yourbug reports of any issues you encounter for the development team to continue working on improving the game. As soon as we have any news regarding future patches, we will of course update you.

The patch should auto-update when you log in to GFWL and Steam.

• Graphical improvements
    • The advanced options heading now displays for older graphics cards
    • Occlusion culling is now turned off on high end PCs for enhanced graphical performance
    • Graphical corruption on the Radeon x1900 series of cards is no longer present
    • It is now possible to select resolutions above 1280x1024 with Xfire enabled on Radeon 5870 graphics cards, (eyefinity edition)
    • Turning the resolution down from the highest available setting and then back up, no longer changes the display to windowed mode

[*]PC controls input improvements

• Confirming duplicate button selection with the "Return" key now functions correctly
    • Pressing "Escape" from the Controller Options screen no longer attempts to take you back two menus to the main Options menu
    • The "Sign in status changed" dialog box now has mouse functionality
    • The SMAW weapon can now be picked up if the player pushes the Mouse Wheel during the Re load animation

[*]Improvements to messaging

• In the game lobby the "Invite Friends" tooltip is no longer present if the lobby is full
    • The Game Menu tooltip is now visible on the Spectator screen when in 800x600 resolution
    • Client ALT-Tabbing while loading now gives correct error message

[*]Stability improvements

• We have significantly improved the stability when the game is played over extended periods of time
    • Fixed a rare client hang when the Co-op host would Load or Restart the "Breakthough" FTE mission
    • Signing in and out multiple times on the front end no longer causes a hang
    • Fixed an issue to prevent clients crashing on loading if host team kills another client in game multiple times

[*]Mission logic

• It is no longer possible to avoid a trigger zone in Mission 8
    • Experienced difficulty is now triggering the correct checkpoints
    • Improvements have been made to Mission 2 logic to improve experience
    • Mission 8 - Players no longer get run over by a Humvee when they arrive at the 5th squad objective "Capture the first tier of the town"

[*]Save/load improvements

• The Campaign Mission checkpoint is no longer lost when players quit and return from a completed FTE mission
    • A Humvee destroyed with player in gunner seat now renders correctly after loading last checkpoint
    • The Type 2004 Missile will no longer appear loaded after loading last checkpoint if the player is out of ammo/missiles
    • Mines placed before checkpoint will no longer kill friendly units after loading last checkpoint
    • Various checkpoint fixes in Mission 7

[*]OSD improvements

• "Start/stop convoy" OSD is no longer visible in non-Rolling Thunder FTEs
    • Player damage and bleed out meter is now displayed correctly after loading last checkpoint
    • "Game is not paused in Cooperative mode" text no longer constantly appears
    • Clients no longer appear to have 16 Mags of ammo when using an ammo box to refill
    • The "Open Lobby" tooltip no longer remains on the client's screen when the mission is completed or failed
    • Viewing team mates down the scope for too long no longer results in icons staying glued to the scope
    • Squad leader markers no longer become stuck on the thermal scope screen

[*]Networking improvements

• Clients no longer see dead enemies floating above the school when killed from a distance in Mission 2
    • The client's camera no longer gets locked to a fixed position when the host restarts the session
    • Incapacitated players no longer move sporadically on client machine

[*]Audio improvements

• Audio optimisations made to prevent audio dropout
    • New audio mixes for the Humvee and helicopters have been included

[*]Animations improvements

• Reload system – players no longer reload empty "splash" (SMAW, FGM-148, PF98) weapons
    • Clients will always play their correct walk/run animations and can no longer be seen to be surfing across the terrain
    • Shooting a group of enemies with a grenade launcher no longer leaves an enemy floating in the air.

Doesn't this read like someone forgot to have a meeting with the janitor who handles the coding for the PC?

Hey Sion Lenton, never again dude!

Verne_Troyer_Mini-Me_Gives_the_Middle_Finger.jpg

Edited by Hajimoto

Client ALT-Tabbing while loading now gives correct error message

Whut??? What error message did it give before, BSOD?

Judging by the above list of fixed bugs, one would assume that this is their first game. Homefront is looking really good at this point.

HEHEHAHAHEHEEHAHEHE !!!!!!!

THAT S THE MOST HILARIOUS LIST OF CRAP PRESENTED ON "DAY 1 PATCH" !!!

I mean really, what s wrong with this ppl???? I mean, this crap sells for $56.99 !!!! EOOOOOHHHH !!! that s MONEY! it works ! it doesn t need a patch when you go to the restaurant or the movie theater or to a hooker to pay pay whatever service you like !!

We should start paying this fucking crappy studios with the MONOPOLY MONEY and then send 'em an email sayin.. "bytheway, if you want your paymnent patched to Money 1.1, please provide a working game".

And i didn t even buy the game and I am already pissed !! lololol !

General comment: rant

Your suppose to be unbiased review(ing), get a grip.

For all the bad things you mention, not one good thing comes to pen and paper.

Yet, the majority of players on their forums report a real good game (to put it mildly).

Other reviews (by other magazines) say the same, it's a very good game apart from AI issues

(like many AI based games, ARMA!) and there is too much bad language (which I can't see the problem with).

Plz stop being so biased.

I looked at this game and it's not my thing, like 'home front' mentioned by Medic, but I can't see the point of

trolling the developer if the community that are buying it, love it in the main (see their forums).

Me personally, don't support the game style Cm are going with or the engine it's based on (as I personally think, it has flaws).

MY POINT

Yet I read the utter troll sh*t at bohemia and can't think of a reason to compliment them retards with one brain cell after

allowing months of utter trolling, especially from their w*nker moderator, who is suppose to keep the balance and not lead

the f*ck tards in a 17th century crusade of single cell fools who are only too happily post after him.

So lets keep one thing clear, you may not like the game, I may not like the game but if 10,000 owners play, post feedback and in

general love it, who are we to spread sh*t on their title. PLZ dont' let the sh* that lives on Bohemia's off topic forum spread over here,

if you don't know what I mean:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104134

RANT OVER.

Questions: Have any of you played the release version?

General comment: rant

Your suppose to be unbiased review(ing), get a grip.

For all the bad things you mention, not one good thing comes to pen and paper.

Yet, the majority of players on their forums report a real good game (to put it mildly).

Other reviews (by other magazines) say the same, it's a very good game apart from AI issues

(like many AI based games, ARMA!) and there is too much bad language (which I can't see the problem with).

Plz stop being so biased.

I looked at this game and it's not my thing, like 'home front' mentioned by Medic, but I can't see the point of

trolling the developer if the community that are buying it, love it in the main (see their forums).

Me personally, don't support the game style Cm are going with or the engine it's based on (as I personally think, it has flaws).

MY POINT

Yet I read the utter troll sh*t at bohemia and can't think of a reason to compliment them retards with one brain cell after

allowing months of utter trolling, especially from their w*nker moderator, who is suppose to keep the balance and not lead

the f*ck tards in a 17th century crusade of single cell fools who are only too happily post after him.

So lets keep one thing clear, you may not like the game, I may not like the game but if 10,000 owners play, post feedback and in

general love it, who are we to spread sh*t on their title. PLZ dont' let the sh* that lives on Bohemia's off topic forum spread over here,

if you don't know what I mean:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104134

RANT OVER.

Questions: Have any of you played the release version?

Viii, I don't personally read or visit game forums (beside EVE) because most of the time they are just people complaining about stuff the devs can't or won't change. I won;t even bother with the links either. If what you say is true, then it isn't worth my time. What I CAN tell you is that CM got a bunch of my money for Dragon Rising, but they won't get it for their new title. At least we didn't have anyone talking this game up on our forums which lead to us all going out and buying it only to have it be rubbish for multiplayer. (Single player was decent though.)

I have learned my lesson with CM. If the fans want to play the new game and climb under codemaster's desk then let them.

Yep and I remember when you were moderator there and had to deal with all thier Bovine Scat, ah don't worrie none to much Viiiper we will have some better games to come out in the fall... well at least we hope they will be better as I am looking forward to BF3.

Yep and I remember when you were moderator there and had to deal with all thier Bovine Scat, ah don't worrie none to much Viiiper we will have some better games to come out in the fall... well at least we hope they will be better as I am looking forward to BF3.

Yep, I think we all are looking forward to BF3 Halli.

Well I can't say it wasn't expected.

I saw a comment somewhere that was the most constructive yet: The company should stick with what they're good at, which is simulation. The money may be in the arcade-y stuff, but they are more suited to simulation, so they should play to their strengths.

A Milsim on the EGO engine????LOL no thank you....maybe Codemasters can do some good driving sims,but this posse around Sion Lenton couldnt even code a working "Reversi".

Btw VIIIIIII you know howmany loved Dragon Rising when it just came out?ROFL there were about...uhm.....0 left.....after 3 weeks.....

It all comes down to .....if you're not making Operation flashpoint,dont call it Operation Flashpoint.

Edited by EL_n00biachi