Spartans Home

PODCAST - Episode 1 now available

Don't know if this is just my setup but I can't use the site from my phone, a HTC wildfire, running Android 2.3.

I can navigate to the homepage okay but as soon as I try to listen to the podcast or navigate the site, such as check out the bio's I'm immediately thrown back to my phones favourites list.

Don't know if this is just my setup but I can't use the site from my phone, a HTC wildfire, running Android 2.3.

I can navigate to the homepage okay but as soon as I try to listen to the podcast or navigate the site, such as check out the bio's I'm immediately thrown back to my phones favourites list.

How odd. The website is set to show a mobile version, and it works on my phone. By default, it shows the latest posts, but it also gives me the opportunity to view the other pages (such as Bios) in the mobile format, as well as the chance to view the full website.

The only thing that doesn't work on my phone is the Instant Play (Listen here:) link, but I can download it or have my phone play it from the 'Download' link.

** EDIT ** I have removed the 'Listen Here:' link from the main post and created a separate page--Listen Online--where visitors will be able to stream the podcast directly from the sight.

** EDIT 2 ** I have also enabled the commenting feature.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

It was fun, and I encourage others to participate. 82 minuets to me is a bit long to chew in one sitting. Maybe smaller 30 minute sessions is more doable.

As for possible future topics, I'd love to hear about:

• Cobol's Eve Fan Fest trip
  • Review of Shift 2, Crysis 2, or upcoming games like Battlefield 3
  • The GRAW tournament going on

I'm running Android 2.2.1 on the HTC Thunderbolt. Everything on the site worked as expected for me. Could read the bios as well as stream the Podcast. Perhaps an issue with version 2.3?

- JHunter

My bad, I'm running 2.2.1, don't know why I said 2.3.

Still having the same issues. My phone automatically loads the mobile version, could there be an Android compatibility issue?

Anyone else with an Android powered phone able to use the site properly?

I will take some time this week (including today) to research any options that will make viewing the site more compatible with mobile devices. I'm using WordPress to host the site because I am not a web designer and WordPress is very easy to use.

The downside to this is that the ease-of-use is offset by the lack of flexibility when it comes to heavily customizing the site.

Even I can't use the instant streaming option on my Android phone. However, when I click on the download link, it gives me two options: stream the audio via the Media Player, or download it ('Web'). This is all done using the mobile version of the page.

If this still doesn't work for you, perhaps you can try using an alternate browser? Opera is available at no cost for Android users.

** EDIT ** Confirmed that clicking on the 'Download' link will stream the audio when using Opera.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Howdy folks,

I was very pleased with the outcome of our first podcast for Knights of the CAT Cable. Thanks again to Hajimoto, KalXen, Watchman, and FreakyFighter for all of their help and participation.

Visit the website and give us a spin!

Well done, great, to say it was all recorded on one channel dam.. tricky.

Did you prep guests with a list of topics or questions so they could prep some notes?

9/10 for a nice slick pod cast...

I think I beat you all on history,

I started in the 70's my first experience was magazines cos computers for the home was a dream.

First contact for main frames, no screen (they were too expensive).

It was a teletype terminal with an acoustic coupled modem that linked down to a TSS (Time share system) that belonged to the city council.

Programs were entered in cecil (code) ( CECIL ) by terminal or on program sheets, the step after punch cards...

anyway loved it...

:winner_first:

HEX EDITOR BOARDS

Commodore PET 4K + other PETS

ARCADE MACHINES, space invaders etc.

CONSOLES

APPLE

AMIGA

PC SX33

Too many others.....

Too much money.....

Too much time.....

I remember the start of the internet, the days before BBS (Bulletin board systems), modems, all of them... first broadband (256Kb, in 1990's) Windows from 3.1 to present... wow how time goes by.

Well done, great, to say it was all recorded on one channel dam.. tricky.

Did you prep guests with a list of topics or questions so they could prep some notes?

Thank you, and yes, everyone received an outline of our agenda a little more than 24hrs prior to recording, including links to source material for the discussions (such as one of your favorites: a video dev diary for Red River).

And, while this is still near the top of the forums, I need confirmation from those that wish to participate again as well as those that wish to participate for the first time. PM me if interested.