Spartans Home

WIN7 64 @#%*&$

Halli~SPARTA~

Windows is windows... it wouldn t be it without some crash here and there, don tget it personal :)

Difficult to say how serious can be this issue, lol ... your explanation is quite to the point with your frustration tho :)

Just a simple question, not related to it... why do you use on Win 7 that horrible graphic config, disguising it for Win 98 ??

Probably it is upset with you! :)

Actually a known issue with IE8 64 .exe was reporting failure on the program.

It is suggested to use the 32 bit .exe only also if you are running Win 7 64.

However it is very possible that something bad happened testing the IE9 BETA. I didn t even try it, understanding it might seriously compromise the browser and already in the past, trying to revert to the previous IE version was a royal pain.

I never had any IE crash on my system so I cannot really provide a wider scope of suggestions.

:iluvff: nuff said

The right answer:

So install W7 64bit

Do all the updates from MS

install AV & Firewall ESET/ or similar

Install Firefox or google chrome

Set as default browser

Install browser dictionary and toys

Install MSI afterburner

Install VLC media player

Install Win rar 64bi

7Zip

Quick par

Install Driver boost, don't subscribe but use it to pin any out of date bits

Install TS3

Install email client

check for win 7 64bit updates again

install latest graphics drivers

install games & appz.

• 3 weeks later...

I was surfing for other stuff and I found this page and i remembered someone had issues with IE 9

I am pretty sure you know these info, but I thought to share:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/help/ie-9/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Also remmeber that on IE Tools/InternetOptions/Advanced there is a RESET botton which does exactly that, reset to day 1 and 99% of the times solves any wrong config issue.

Then, if is still not working, well.. use another browser or reinstall Winz ... :)

Dump IE for FireFox or Chrome Halli. I sway more towards Chrome and have been using it for about a year now...love it!

Also one thing you might want to do is uninstall all browser addons for IE like toolbars etc, back up your favorites as well just in case.

Then uninstall IE9, follow this easy guide and all should go back to normal as IE8 is backed up in Win7:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2010/09/16/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-9-beta.aspx

EDIT: oops Bat listed the same fix as well.

Edited by SirSmokalot