Spartans Home

Radio control flying

Nows the time to get into Radio control models/flying, A real fun sport that I have been into for 12 years that is just great fun. Alot of people say its a real expencive hobbie, It can be when you get advanced up in the hobbie. It takes moderate skill to fly, and one would have to join a R/C club and get with a instructior to learn to fly with out going thru alot of planes.

But once a fellow gets his wings its great fun to fly and build planes. There has been an electric revolution in r/c aircraft industry, and now its even easyer and cheaper to go electric instead of glow fuel. It gets real expencive when a fella progress into jets, giant scale or helicoptors.

Its now cheaper then ever to go into electric prebuilt aircraft that are available now, called ARFs these are air plane kitts that are allmost allready built and with 4 to 6 hours of assembly can be in the air fast with a minimal amount of work.If you are a techie kind of fellow then this is the hobbie for you. Whats cool about it is the different planes available now from trainers to sport to war birds to twinn aircraft

Foam p-51

p51.jpg

Spitt

93A252-Spitfire-Camo-RTF-24G-01.jpg

Me109

93A109-Camo-RTF-24G-01.jpg

To a twinn dc-3

dc-3.jpg

Great fun!

A video review on a twinn a10 wort hog

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Visit Nitro planes, they have everything, really cool and fun hobbie. Once a fella learns to fly, he can fly at any feild in the area, or at the local church parking lot.

http://www.nitroplanes.com

They even have electric ducted fan jets as well

ello

was fun to watch THX

why drink and drive while you can .... ... fly.

greetz

Edited by EBE

I know! The technoligy has gotten out of hand with small real turbines. Some of the smaller jets hitt speeds of 250mph with 50% thrust. They are made of composit fiber layerd with kelvar. The different avenues of this sport are endless. A person needs to start with a small very affordible trainer, useally a high wing. Then after mastering the trainer and earning his wings, move on to his first low wing aircraft.

Are those ARF kits considerable for the complete novice? Amazon have a whole host of them at £145, including my all time fave, the F4.

I'm being bugged about what I want for Christmas and these look fun but I have NO previous experience.

Edited by BPR_Watchman

Well to start flying you need a trainer type plane like this one here would do ok, and is at a low price, and you get everything you need to fly is included in the kitt comes with the plane and radio.This plane will fly real slow allowing you time to react and learn. With a instructior you will be a pilot!

The guy flying this plane in the vid looks like he still needs to be trained some more LOL!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newdyicanfl4.html

check around where you live and see if you have a R/C club near buy and go out there and visit there join the club, then you can get an instructior to help you learn to fly.

I started with a great planes perfict trainer 20 size, I bought the kitt and following the instructions built it in 30 hours, all balsa and monocoat iron on covering.

trainer20.jpg

with a.25 glow engine that will run for 20 minutes @ 1/4 throttle on 4 oz of fuel.

25.jpg

For a radio i recomend Futaba, This one here is a 6 channel, that means that it will operate 6 things on the airplane. Really all one needs to fly is 4 channel radio, 6 will allow you to start with and then progress up with the same radio, this one has a 6 model memory so it can be used with up to 6 planes with one radio, one at a time of corse.

radio.jpg

This is what goes in the airplane, that makes it work, its called a flight pack,it consists of servos and reciever, swich harness, and battery

flightpack.jpg

Ive had my eye on the Dynam Hawk Sky. Dynam Hawk Sky

For my first bird.

Atm im kinda on the bench since im not working.

If you look at the video you posted Athlon you will notice when the plane is on the ground it is moving, thats wind and from the fact that it lifted off as soon as he powered it means it was fairly high wind. So id say its less pilot being unskilled and more pilot flying in bad weather.