Spartans Home

ACE 2 For OA 1.6 stable!

JackSeven

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mad love for the ACE2 mod, I just hate that we live in a BETA community...... even when we pay full retail for it!

That's what you get from a smaller developer that before didn't go at it alone in the Retail market until ArmA. Also any addons or mods you get with this game are beta's didn't you know?

Always going to be a glitch or two with the game, but isn't it fun? Think that's what really matters.

That's what you get from a smaller developer that before didn't go at it alone in the Retail market until ArmA. Also any addons or mods you get with this game are beta's didn't you know?

Always going to be a glitch or two with the game, but isn't it fun? Think that's what really matters.

Like I said "I got mad love for ACE2 Mod", I love and endorse mods as they keep things fresh and new. Mods add new depth and richness to an already great environment, I just think most modders are to quick to get their latest incarnation out. If they just tested it with a controlled group for 1 week, they would substantially reduce revisions; revisions that require infrastructure to support the MOD.

All of the system admins that have to try and keep up with the endless BETA's, while making sure the latest version does not destroy the little bit of stability the server currently has. Most admins (including myself) do not want to constantly fiddle and tweak on a daily basis the machine that so many others rely on. Another is all of the players who find out tomorrow that the way they played yesterday is no longer. Think of the players that enjoys the fact that they are finally getting a handle on current variables and are becoming comfortable with them, just to discover that they must adapt to another standard.

The MOD community is ALWAYS looking to improve and refine, the problem is, not everyone has the same passion or vision, so we end up with small pockets of specialized groups, a fragmented community if you will. So the irony is, the tight knit community that prides itself on being the inventors and creators of change, themselves become fragmented and isolated by the very concept that fostered their existence.

My take on it....... Thanks for reading. <Hajimoto picks up his soapbox and walks away>

Oh by the way......

15stable.jpg

allgood.gif

Edited by Hajimoto

That's me DL'd the Ace pack. Is there an exe file in the pack or am I going to have to unpack it myself? I also need some guidance as to whether or not this is going to work with the Steam version of OA. I'm off to bed the now, but I'll check in tomorrow and maybe catch some kind soul on TS that can walk me through this!

If you used the file Zeno set up in SPARTA downloads section (and it downloads ok) you do not need to run a seperate version of CBA for the fireteam HUD mod to work.

There a some things missing/changed since ACE2 for ArmaII.

To use earplugs masks etc you have to make the same change as before, change John Doe in userconfig etc etc to your profile name.

To put on masks earplugs etc it is no longer in your middle mouse scroll menu use the key between right Ctrl and Windows keys.

Deploy bipod and range adjustments are the same (Shift,spacebar and Shift,V)

Laser markers are R to load battery and R to switch ON and OFF, left mouse to switch laser ON. Not as complicated as before.

SMAW spotting rounds are gone.

TBH Smaw spotting rounds could be an error of omission

I have created a new domination based on Xenos ace version, I have added 2 F35bs, and 2 pilots

redone the squads Durka style

Alpha and Charlie are US

Bravo are Brits

Delta is a multinational task force.

Plus I added the FOBs

Please report bugs and omissions

Hey Zeno,

A couple quick notes on your latest update.

I joined in as Alpha Squad Leader and I spawned on top of a roof of a building. It might just be the squad leader but I think it needs to be moved.

Also, Scorpion noted that he had encountered enemies with x-ray vision and instant headshots, I'm not sure if that is result of ACE or some parameter.

Otherwise, we love it!

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~