Spartans Home

Steam vs. Retail for OA

Hunter~SPARTA~

I thought I had seen this discussion elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it now that it pertains to me.

Anyway, I currently have the retail version of Arma 2. Now that I'm looking to get OA, should I buy that also through retail or is getting the Steam version alright?

- JHunter

I had a retail version from bestbuy and I got a download from BIS distribution site, Rocket- something, can t recall that. Is working flawless and integrated perfectly with the version i had.

I don t know about Steam, for some reason I don t like their stuff, but I guess is just my opininion, many ppl has it and they are happy..

I've been using steam for about a year and a half now and haven;t had a problem with it yet. I've run Arma 2 from it and I'm now running OA from it and am experiencing nothing but the usual CTD's that I get with my crappy system. I have heard of some issues installing mods with the Steam version, but I've yet to cross that bridge.

Saying that, I've probably utterly jinxed it now and I'll log on tonigh to find Steam has deleted all my games and somehow infected my PC with a virus! :rolleyes: :D

I personally love steam. I dont have to keep track of cd keys or cd's. Game works great. Mods are easy to install, well as easy as it gets with arma...

Also steam has great discounts on games.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

I've not had that much luck with Steam I prefer having the disc, I also don't think there is much price difference with new games with older games Steam often does have great offers.