Spartans Home

Arma 2 OA - report Bugs here

Batwing~SPARTA~

Run as administrator is a battleeye requirement. Battleeye updates automatically and this was included in a recent update. We have to use battleeye to avoid hackers.

The ammo box lock up is inconsistent and has been fixed in the OA beta patch, other than restarting the server when lockups happen to a lot of people there is nothing we can do.

The Service areas do not work for some reason (nor does the farp). I can temporily fix the service area for rearming but not repair and refuel, we just need to use the trucks for now. I checked versions 14, 24 and 27 and they all have the same problem.

The Service areas do not work for some reason (nor does the farp). I can temporily fix the service area for rearming but not repair and refuel, we just need to use the trucks for now. I checked versions 14, 24 and 27 and they all have the same problem.

Really? They worked fine last night. The FARP rearmed/repaired/refueled whereas the service area at base only repaired and rearmed; we needed to park a fuel truck beside it.

When I put the AH64 on the service pad it stops rearming after flares (the first item) and is stuck there. The same for the land vehicle. I dont see how that can only happen for me.

My experience has been the same over several nights. I cannot get a chopper to repair/rearm. You end up with a useless unfueled chopper.

• 2 weeks later...

The FARP problem is a bug some people get and others don't. much like the MHQ/dropped ammo boxes lock-up bug for me...I do not have the FARP/Repair pad bug....if Im in the area of something you need put on a FARP or repair pad let me do it and all will be good.

I had the ammo box lock up/kick happen to me last night on the OA Domination server. First time it's happened, normally my system freezes before the game does. I was going to load Stingers into a vehicle at the FOB and got kicked. Normally that's not been a problem, even from dropped ammo boxes....

I had the ammo box lock up/kick happen to me last night on the OA Domination server. First time it's happened, normally my system freezes before the game does. I was going to load Stingers into a vehicle at the FOB and got kicked. Normally that's not been a problem, even from dropped ammo boxes....

The ammobox lockup is all about drop of fps due to stress on your system that happens because of various reasons :

1.If it rains at the area of the ammobox it can cause for a drop of the fps and cause the lockup.

2.if you place the ammobox near big rocks at high terrain it can also cause for the drop.

Things need to be done if your system doesn't able to handle the drop of fps:

*you first try to optimize the settings you can use this link Operation Arrowhead performance optimizations/comparisons

*when using the ammobox and you get a lockup press "g" quickly and you will be able to get out of the lockup,then try reducing the settings at show status and lower the view distance to the minimum.

also try tweaking the setting in option to lower the fps.

If nothing works use another player to pick your things and drop them out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, in 2.54, the engineer functions what we all became used to in Arma2 has been taken out by the creators and they are now using the stock engineer functions that are present in the game. The theory behind this was that it's just too darned easy and makes the game too "fast" to give the engineer magical abilities (like infinate respawns for vehicles) to repair vehicles and be on with them.

With the new system, if a vehicle has critical damage, the engineer can repair it just enough to get it to a FARP or back to base for full repairs. To build a FARP, the engineer has to take a repair truck with him to the battle space, which gives another dimension to logistics. Luckily, Zeno has built FARPS around the map so this isn't as hard as imagined.

An engineer won't be able to repair a vehicle unless it has something on it that is critical. For instance, if the "ENG" light is yellow on a Merlin, the engineer won't be able to repair. But if it is red (and thus not working), the option to repair will come up. If the damage is TOO much, the engineer will require a repair truck. Hope this helps.

@ Durka

Are u sure u are talking about the "repair truck" ?

I dont know if we are talking about the same "version", but besides the new limitation in repair ability, I notice the Engineer needs a "engineer truck" to build a FARP.

After a few ateempts, I discovered the only truck enabling the FARP option is the SALVAGE truck.

So let me get this straight:

To "repair" he needs a repair truck

To "FARP" he needs a salvage truck

It looks like this guy needs a quite big asset of vehicles to be barely useful.

At the beginning I thought it made sense if the engineer has to drive his own vehicle or at least ask for a lift to be heli ported, but now.. if he needs 2 trucks to work, it looks like we really have to create a logistic platoon, possibly with a dedicated pilot.

On one side is interesting, on another side is quite a pain in the butt and a solid resources investment.

I'm a bit confused, in my experience (unless something has changed in the past two days) the Engineer has a new repair ability that he can use to fix tires.. This ability is unlimited with no recharges. In addition to this he has the Domination repair/refuel ability which he needs no trucks to use. FARP's do need salvage trucks to build but in my opinion the FARP is completely useless because as soon as you die as engineer you can no longer build them, so I just don't even bother worrying about them. Engineers do not need a repair truck for anything?

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...

cannot start the game (combined ops)

Have been talking to zeno last week (or a week earlier)

I changed the e pbo file as he instructed.

Now I get this message

Data file too short 'EXPANSION\addons\missions_e.pbo'Expected 48050498 B, got 311995506 B

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks in advance

What was your problem before changing the PBO?