Spartans Home

Hello from Hajimoto

Hajimoto

LOS Community,

I would like to take a few seconds to sing the praises of your organization. I have owned ArmAII since its release but never had a chance to truly get into it due to so many other FPS titles being released. I seen some of the hype and press releases surrounding Operation Arrowhead and figured I would give ArmAII a go before dropping another $40 (US). I own and play almost every FPS ever made but throughly enjoy tactical and organized team play. OFP2 was such a heart breaker for me because it did not live up to what I remember Operation Flashpoint to be. A title like ArmAII has a great single player element but is meant to be played online with live players, so my quest for an online community began. I searched the internet and found a string of LOS videos on YouTube which in turn led me to the LOS forums where I read a bit on the LOS community and culture. I found myself on the Sparta TS3 and in the Sparta US Domination server experiencing the game for what I consider my first real exposure to its mechanics.

After about 30 mins or so of heading to hot zones and mixing it up a bit, I was addressed by Zeno on TS3 who informed me that I was on the AI side of things and that because of the relatively low amount of human players on the server that I consider abandoning my team and join the Blue side with him and his mates. I figured this was as good a time as any to explain to the channel that I was trying to get my ArmAII legs and needed to learn a few things before I was to be relied on in a role or purpose. My admission was met with calm assertive direction to stop speaking and stand by. I was dragged to another TS3 channel where Zeno began to go over the basics of equipment load-out, navigation, tactics, situational awareness and travel tips for getting to the AO efficiently.

This gesture of goodwill of going out of his way to explain, coach and demonstrate the games most fundamental features, was a testament to what I had read about the LOS community. I understand that a few minutes spent with a new guy can help reduce hours of frustration for the group if the basics are not understood, but this initiation can be achieved by simply requiring a minimum rank or requiring a new player to have a sponsor prior to playing along side community members. What was done yesterday did not feel like a group preservation or pretentious in any way, it felt like genuine concern and generosity to help another person. I would like thank all of you that were on the TS3 and US Dom server for you patience and unbelievable professionalism associated with this new guys visit to your community. I would like to say that all of you should be proud to be affiliated with such a top notch organization and I would like to publicly applaud each of you for what your group stands for.

I would like to express my gratitude to Zeno for his individual instruction and unsolicited leadership, in a time where folks are treated more like a number than a person. Zeno you have actually changed my perspective on the gaming community in a positive way and your initiative will be reciprocated to others in honor of your actions, thank you kind sir.

God Bless

Hajimoto

Edited by Hajimoto

Welcome to our forums.

Good job you caught me on a good day, lol.

One of the biggest complaints about the arma community is how it treats new players. We have tried to do our best to change that, but we dont always succeed, you caught me at a good time. I know other people who are friends of our community (not members) also helped you. This is what we like to cultivate.

Anyway, you're more than welcome.

Welcome !

Sparta is a great community, based on the concept of solid community and enjoyment rather just competition like many other groups out there.

This means, each and every one here is ready to help for what is possible and I found a great community of ppl here when i came here the first time. I am sure you will feel the same Hajimoto :)

Welcome and enjoy :)

Welcome to the mad house pal. This Community is all about the enjoyment of the game thats why i joined it.

Speak to any SPARTA Mem on Ts mate and we will always help if we can.

Look forward to chatting with ya in the sandy mountains..

Welcome Haj, there is alot of love in this group of guys, especially with Halo light I mean Haloelite.JK

If you ever need someone to talk you through the patching process, with Ace or any of the many other patches or addons, don't be affraid to ask.

Nothing like getting online with a new game and you get blanked for being a newb, Zeno is one of the solutions :thumbsup_anim:

Welcome to the forums Haji

Glad you made it to our forums and glad you like what our group has shown you so far. Can't wait to game with you in ArmA, it's a great game so long as you have a great bunch of guys playing with you and I personally believe this is one of the best community's you can play with while enjoying this great game, as well as any other games that we play together.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

Welcome to Sparta Hajimoto

We do not mind helping as we were all once new to every game we have played and with Zeno helping you could never go wrong.

Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay here.

Call us SPARTA

Regards, Halli

ellow stay a while and listen ..

see ya in the game mate (armaII) :thumbsup_anim:

Never share a foxhole with any one braver then yourself.