Spartans Home

How About a Match

Hi Guys how about we set up a friendly match TuG vs Sparta/Bpr.

Hardcore Mode

Conquest?

PB On

Best of 5

15min rounds

1 Sniper per team?

1 Noob tube per team?

No spawn raping/camping?

No Vehicles on small maps?

I game on our server then 1 on yours

We have 8 definate but should be ok with 10 depending on time date.

Let me know what you think and what rules you would like.

Thanks

JJ

Define noob tube....we have like 5 players who are hinged on this definition.

:) there only ideas, but some players get annoyed with the grenade launchers being used so i thought i would leave it up to you guys to decide, we dont mind it.

JJ

:) there only ideas, but some players get annoyed with the grenade launchers being used so i thought i would leave it up to you guys to decide, we dont mind it.

JJ

Erp, 'noob toob' is the 40mm? I thought it was the engineer's rocket launchers?

I wouldn't mind in participating sometime in something like this if you need an extra player...let me know ;)

I can also enlist the ranks of Jedimasterace and Mancsfinest among others (Dont_Shoot aka Capitus) as reinforcements.

JJ

This definition will allow Cylawyer to play. I'm down for this anytime this weekend except Saturday evening.

Only if we play on a US server!

My ping is shite to you guys. I can hardly stand to play in the BPR server. But, I am definitely the one who is missing out. :(

Dont blame you...biggest problem I have is getting adjusted to lag issues with some euro/uk servers

JJ

Just like I hate Assault guys who run around with bullets spraying like piss, or Snipers hidden and never doing anything but waiting in a bush.....

Seriously, the game has it's own rules, people have played to the open EA rules & as soon as you try to implement another set of rules your going to get low interest as everyone wants to be assault or sniper or engineer...

People getting annoyed have the problem... just like poker, the idea is to annoy the other person/enemy, it makes them make mistakes B)

Anyway I'm out, as I like diversity & unpredictability & restricting the teams does not help that cause.

good luck with it all sounds interesting....

p.s. Plus, if your going to make restrictions, you might as well play Team Deathmatch.

I'd say either allow anything goes, or force everyone to play with default kit weapons, and maybe shock paddles. Otherwise the upgraded weapons alone will outbalance if you don't allow for the lower kit easys (grenade launcher and carl gustav AT).

I know he posted that 'these were only ideas' , I'm just pointing out the fact that restricting the natural balance of the game by the developer will in turn remove options that players normally have.

The key is to (like poker or any game where there are many selections), to pick a combination that works for the team and defeats the opposition. Of course when the opposition is defeated they/we will look at the game for fault rather than the failing of the tactics.

This is a fast paced game & not a simulator.

As for RANKS, everyone is different, so maybe suggest that the total RANK for the team can not exceed 480.

Max rank = 60

Max rank x 16 players = 960 ranking points.

Therefore the team of 16 can not comprise of 16 x max ranked players but 16 rank 30 players !

or

5 rank 40 players (= 200 rank points)

5 rank 30 players (= 150 rank points)

6 rank 21 players (or less ( 126 rank points)

you get the idea...... giving any team the chance to form in any combination but not with 16 x rank 60 players.

just an idea.

p.s. you could have a team of 16 rank 30 players (= 480 rank points).....

I know he posted that 'these were only ideas' , I'm just pointing out the fact that restricting the natural balance of the game by the developer will in turn remove options that players normally have.

The key is to (like poker or any game where there are many selections), to pick a combination that works for the team and defeats the opposition. Of course when the opposition is defeated they/we will look at the game for fault rather than the failing of the tactics.

This is a fast paced game & not a simulator.

As for RANKS, everyone is different, so maybe suggest that the total RANK for the team can not exceed 480.

Max rank = 60

Max rank x 16 players = 960 ranking points.

Therefore the team of 16 can not comprise of 16 x max ranked players but 16 rank 30 players !

or

5 rank 40 players (= 200 rank points)

5 rank 30 players (= 150 rank points)

6 rank 21 players (or less ( 126 rank points)

you get the idea...... giving any team the chance to form in any combination but not with 16 x rank 60 players.

just an idea.

p.s. you could have a team of 16 rank 30 players (= 480 rank points).....

What's with you and math?

Can't you guys set the server to all unlocks on? Then people can use whatever they want and there is no excuse.

The ranking doesn't work or mean anything honestly. I have seen stat padded level 40 something who can't hit a barn.

Keep it simple and fun. Set a team size, stick to something competitive like team deathmatch (best squad wins) or CTF with balanced rotation on attacker/defender, and call it good.

i`m interested as are some other bpr people....

not that we like conquest much though :)

we usually play rush as it has far better tactical side to it...I also agree with viiper about the squad restrictions....Once you start to restrict the squads you also restrict the tactics that can be used.

Sometimes you may need a stronger force of one type of class just to get something done and then swap to more ballenced once you achieve what you need.