Spartans Home

OPFOR BIGDOM Ver M

KalXen~SPARTA~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you had the best server going by far, then all these weird changes. Parachuting 800 meters out, blah blah, pretty stupid to have that as a change, but yet you can have 35 snipers on the map, see my point? If your trying for realism, I suggest ya set it back to the way it was or maybe a tour of duty in Iraq, other than that, this is a video game people wanna have fun not run all day.

you had the best server going by far, then all these weird changes. Parachuting 800 meters out, blah blah, pretty stupid to have that as a change, but yet you can have 35 snipers on the map, see my point? If your trying for realism, I suggest ya set it back to the way it was or maybe a tour of duty in Iraq, other than that, this is a video game people wanna have fun not run all day.

We don't try for realism as much as balance and teamwork. Keep complaining like that, though, you're getting real far. :rolleyes: Besides, Iraq's pretty boring right about now.

We don't try for realism as much as balance and teamwork. Keep complaining like that, though, you're getting real far. :rolleyes: Besides, Iraq's pretty boring right about now.

Chalk one up for the parabomb the tower club id say.

Agreed...realism is fun, BUT only if teamwork and balance are involved. If people just want to fool around, go play MW2

Nice intro for your first post. Feel free to introduce yourself to me on TS. I'll be sure to thank you for your input. If I'm not on find Halli instead. :)

I have just one question.

Is it possible to do something about the sidemissions? There have been many changes on the AO now and I really appeciate the new version. I think it is a very good improvement to the old version of Domination.

The thing is that nothing has changed for the sidemissions. Don´t get me wrong. I don´t want to complain, I just wanted to suggest to improve these sidemissions too. The point is that usually the same guys are playing sidemissions and the problem is that after having killed the enemy officer at castle Rog or blowed up the training facility 20 times now, you know exactly how to proceed, how many infantry, armour etc is waiting for the sidemission team.

I know a littlebit the structure of Domination and I find it very confusing because nearly everything in Domination is scripted. So I know that it is also very difticult to change something about the sidemissions.

But maybe we can write a wish-list to this guy Xeno who developed Domiantion and wait for reply???

Sure, I can mix up the side missions. There are 52 of them. The ones to save the pilot or rescue the hostages are disabled for the moment since the rescue code doesn't work for unknown reasons.

Which ones do you want me to toy with and how?

Does anyone even like the rescue missions? Just leave them disabled IMO.

Does anyone even like the rescue missions? Just leave them disabled IMO.

When they work properly, they can be a quick asset reward. Especially the one(s) where you're "racing" the OPFOR to the pilots, since it takes 2 years for the OPFOR to get there. I think if the rescue scenarios were re-created (by someone with much more creative talent than I) to add a bit more challenge and put a new twist on side missions, they would be a welcome change.

- JHunter

I think I saw a fix for them on the biStudio's forum but just need to find it again. Much of the issue though seems to be that the rescued will join the group of the rescue pilot, etc and many times these guys leave their default group to join Delta, so it gets funky. I personally thought the idea is cool.. because its hard to get all 6-8 civilians into the chopper successfully.

I guess that's why artillery rescue operators get their own group at the start. If that side mission ever comes up, just have an artillery operator join the group of the side mission, and make sure the leader of the side mission group is on TS to coordinate the rescue.