Spartans Home

OPFOR BIGDOM Ver M

KalXen~SPARTA~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Increasing AA for OPFOR will not affect much, either, as EMT showed me the other night when he flew his cobra through the middle of the AO and the only thing that even looked in his direction was me. Same with the Harrier. I think both of them were playing that night in the sam AO.

Yes, but I think that's because of the Opfor Commander. With no commander the AA seems a lot more effective, so I'm curious if having a commander messes up the AA somehow.

Even if im ordering Igla pod, Zu23 or AA troops attack aircrafts, they seams to not react

Kal, it is possible to tweak spown system so opfor do not spown at Blueforces at main AO? We keep spowning same place and they keep killing us, it would be better to spown somewhere near edge or at list 200 m away from closest enemy.

Right now Blueforce kamp spown on us, no fun

Edited by peter

Even if im ordering Igla pod, Zu23 or AA troops attack aircrafts, they seams to not react

Kal, it is possible to tweak spown system so opfor do not spown at Blueforces at main AO? We keep spowning same place and they keep killing us, it would be better to spown somewhere near edge or at list 200 m away from closest enemy.

Right now Blueforce kamp spown on us, no fun

OPFOR is supposed to spawn no closer than 150m from the enemy. If too many enemy are in the AO, then there's no way around it. Best thing is for OPFOR commander to find a hiding spot just like any commander and direct forces around him. Can't say much for the marksmen.

Id just like to put my 2 cents in....

I like flying the choppers. When there is few ppl on I fly the crap outa them, but when the numbers pick up i park them. You can lock a Lazer Target with the Hellfire also. I would like to see them parked inside hangers instead of out in the open. Most decent pilots can get them out of a hanger all day long. And what morons dont see, morons cant try to get into :rolleyes: And for those of you who think the AA is useless, ive been shoot down by AA that was 4 km away, yes there are days when it sucks, and there are days when it doesnt. Maybe give the commander the ability to call in a Squad of Su's to make things interesting. Atleast give us the chance to get killed in them instead of taking them away from us B)

And yes you guys are right there is an Airdom server just for flying, but 20 ppl flying around like morons isnt my idea of fun. When you find yourself dodging other planes/choppers that are all trying to kill the same target, its time to go play somewhere else.

Feel free to object im used to hostile fire flying past me cockpit :)

Would it be possible to give Team Leaders the ability to call in a squadron of AH-64s? We've already got the C-130 ability, so would it be possible to edit that script to a squadron of AH-64s that would come down and attack the AO for a limited period of time?

Would it be possible to give Team Leaders the ability to call in a squadron of AH-64s? We've already got the C-130 ability, so would it be possible to edit that script to a squadron of AH-64s that would come down and attack the AO for a limited period of time?

And take all fun from players? :)

I'd like to see the c130 come back to player based control for ammo drops. Doesn't seem like the direction this are moving though... The c130 is my favorite fixed wing to fly actually... So I'm probably a little biased because of my past experiences with the aircraft. I treat that bird with great respect because it has sentimental value to me.

I do get to fly it in the airdom, but now that airdom is out of commission it's hard to scrath the itch! Ammo and tank drops are great fun! Half of it in trying to get the chutes to end up in the right location. :-)

Any direction you guys take with the aircraft is fine with me. I can have fun pounding ground too!

I'd like to see the c130 come back to player based control for ammo drops. Doesn't seem like the direction this are moving though... The c130 is my favorite fixed wing to fly actually... So I'm probably a little biased because of my past experiences with the aircraft. I treat that bird with great respect because it has sentimental value to me.

I do get to fly it in the airdom, but now that airdom is out of commission it's hard to scrath the itch! Ammo and tank drops are great fun! Half of it in trying to get the chutes to end up in the right location. :-)

Any direction you guys take with the aircraft is fine with me. I can have fun pounding ground too!

I would love to see the C130 come back and used for Airborne assaults again. However, I've only seen it used once or twice in the right way.

I dont think any limitation on air assets is a good thing.

bottom line when the server is full (between 15-20 bluefor) and it is been moderated the moderator can decide whether to use air assets or not,what kind of strike and how many targets to take off a.o.

if the pilot won't follow those orders than there is the option to limit or revoke his privileges.

it's as simple as that,the best game exprience is when the server is full(most of the time it's been moderated) so there's no problem.

the problem only Occurs when the conditions i mentioned not meet and Thats relatively marginal.

To make AA more effective we could remove the ability for the opfor commander to control any statics in the AO, or AA vehicles/personnel.

What it comes down to is that the AI isn't all that bad at communicating without an Opfor commander. And once there is one they need to move the chess pieces alot or they are actually a detriment to East. From what I have seen, having humans playing grunts on East has added much more to the challenge than the Opfor commander piece alone.

To make AA more effective we could remove the ability for the opfor commander to control any statics in the AO, or AA vehicles/personnel.

What it comes down to is that the AI isn't all that bad at communicating without an Opfor commander. And once there is one they need to move the chess pieces alot or they are actually a detriment to East. From what I have seen, having humans playing grunts on East has added much more to the challenge than the Opfor commander piece alone.

And this is why I think people have been floating the idea around about putting together a dedicated TVT map. I think it's quite doable with the current nap if the mindset is that east is defending and west is assaulting. If we want to make it that east can win we could put in timers for the AO or we would have to get away from Domination.

Maybe the answer to the choppers is really just to be A-holes about who can fly it. Maybe have a SUPER selective list of people cleared to fly them so we KNOW they will use them correctly?

As for C-130, i will happily volunteer to fly one low and slow so we can have massive air assaults, and i will brave the thickest AA to deliver stuff. Just take the MOAB out, or someone will put thier (or everyone in the AO's) eye out.

Edited by GooniversalSoldier

Maybe the answer to the choppers is really just to be A-holes about who can fly it. Maybe have a SUPER selective list of people cleared to fly them so we KNOW they will use them correctly?

That's the problem, we're not a-holes :)

As for C-130, i will happily volunteer to fly one low and slow so we can have massive air assaults, and i will brave the thickest AA to deliver stuff. Just take the MOAB out, or someone will put thier (or everyone in the AO's) eye out.

You and everyone else! :P

/ a-hole

less opfor armour, and no blufor armed air assets?? :)

armed air assets dont spawn if shot down? or only respawn when a new AO becomes available?

i think you could remove the air assets and the armour and the majority of the battle would be the same, and either situation finished with infantry only (even without air assets then the armour is first to go).

ive mentioned before i find the arty and mortar a bigger problem. since the opfor has access to the ammo box you can shoot down a helo or plane no probs, even took out the attack chopper with an arty gun last night. but the arty from blufor is a freekin nightmare, we had it constant for about 20 mins last night until we complained lol, may as well of fired a nuke at least it would have been over quicker :D

i dont think domination will ever satisfy everyone ;) sure keeps everyone taking tho :)

I think with a dedicated TvT server its going to be tough to find balance. Whereas right now you have 3 OpFor members who are really there to piss the Bluefor off (defeat is inevitable), with strictly TvT the defending team will have a relatively easy time to hide and camp.

The current version M is a great map. Just some tweaks that are still needed. Its like they taught me in engineering school....you can't fix stupid. There will always be those people who abuse any great thing. Don't judge on them, I like the map in its basic form just the way it is. IMO lets try and fix bugs for now and tweak game play later (ie air assets, C-130, etc)

I envision TvT being Capture the Bunker. Which, in itself is a version of domination. The difference is that points would be racked up and the team with most points when the time runs out wins.

In CoD4, Search and Destroy worked well but the evolving locations lead to run n' gun play. I think that random locations for bunkers in a CTF model would work well and create many situations for both teams to flex their tactical prowess.

less opfor armour, and no blufor armed air assets?? :)

armed air assets dont spawn if shot down? or only respawn when a new AO becomes available?

i think you could remove the air assets and the armour and the majority of the battle would be the same, and either situation finished with infantry only (even without air assets then the armour is first to go).

ive mentioned before i find the arty and mortar a bigger problem. since the opfor has access to the ammo box you can shoot down a helo or plane no probs, even took out the attack chopper with an arty gun last night. but the arty from blufor is a freekin nightmare, we had it constant for about 20 mins last night until we complained lol, may as well of fired a nuke at least it would have been over quicker :D

i dont think domination will ever satisfy everyone ;) sure keeps everyone taking tho :)

I agree Panic, the biggest thorn is the M119 honestly. I removed it as a placed static at the base when the map starts several versions ago. I have pondered removing it as an option for the squad leaders to call in and replace it with something else. Artillery is already availalble by two dedicated player kits and the controls on it make it so that you can't just spam the area. Even the East can't fire the D30s that often and these are typically the first target upon entering the AO. On the contrary, the M119 just makes it available to everyone to level the playing field (literally). Oddly enough it's because of artillery strikes downing trees that I hear people whine about how they can't see the enemy now.

I think we have enough controls on the air IMHO that we need to just police the fly list.

Yankee - what other bugs have you seen?

These are for the opfor:

-Spawn bug; We were dying and not able to respawn until we manually backed out and came back in. It seemed to happen after the bluefor were all over the base and the server was forced to spawn us in the middle within the 150m area. Or whatever distance it is.

-Artillery; Was pretty much non-existent

Thats all for now. The women's gf's are coming over tonight to watch some show. Ill be around and let you know if I find anymore. Pretty much minor stuff at this point, great map!

Edit: As far as the artillery goes...is there a way to set up a fog of war for the artillery. That is, make it so that you cannot target an area that no one has eyes on without someone moving in for a look? Last night the AO was reguarly peppered with smoke mortar, which is fine. Honestly if I had sniper fire on me I would have too. But, it was the constant..."I'm getting killed over and over again because I keep getting domed everytime I try to revive this same body, therefore I will put artillery and mortar fire everywhere in the LOS to this area."

I know its usually the people that don't even look at the forums but, maybe its time to leave mortar fire for Tacdom where its more controlled. Artillery is fine since its timed. But, sitting on an ammobox and firing mortars over and over is just bad as wiping out the AO with an armed air asset.

Thats just my opinion.

Edited by Yankee~SPARTA~

I have the fix for artillery on the test server. Basically when you died the option for artillery would go away completely.

The spawn issue I'll have to look into. I had tried to change it so that it would find a place for you to spawn at that was a minimum of 150m from blufor. But if it couldn't find a spot it should of thrown you to the center of the AO. I might change this up a bit and find a new solution. Obviously once the AO is taken chances are high that blufor is in the center.