Spartans Home

OPFOR BigDOM ver H

KalXen~SPARTA~

We have released a new version of the BIGDom map into the wild and are currently playing it on the public US server. Please use this thread to note any bugs you run into.

What does this version offer? This is a merger of my Big Dom maps verion F and MH6's OPFOR High Command map. For the US, nothing has changed. However, there are now 3 OPFOR player slots open:

OPFOR:

1) 1 officer, and 2 snipers.

2) These players are limited to the AO and cannot leave it. If they try, they are respawned to within 50% of the center of the AO. Once the AO is completed, they are teleported to the next AO.

3) They start with no ammo box or ability to change weapons. That is unless the US leaves one accessible for them.

4) The officer has high command ability and can control all enemy units within the AO. This is accessed via Left-CTRL + Spacebar. These units can be placed up to 500m outside of the AO. This GREATLY changes the gameplay and makes it a larger challenge.

Some of you may be concerned with balance. Keep in mind the OPFOR guys can't really do much at all unless others are there to play. And if nobody players OPFOR nothing changes.. and/or if the OPFOR commander sucks then it will just go quicker. Either way the OPFOR commander can give high level commands to their units, they still react like the AI normally does.

Other changes:

1) Side mission #45 removed (Break the Bank). This was bugged and unable to complete. (Thanks Buzz).

Known Bugs:

1) FIXED: The respawn time for both OPFOR and BLUEFOR are down to 10 seconds. MH6 noted this is a bug related to the map being released with the debug command still active. It has been fixed and will be ready once Zeno posts it from ftp, likely Monday morning. Til then, its going a bit faster paced.

2) FIXED:Side mission resolution - OPFOR is told about the mission being won and what the US won with it. This should be TeamMessage to West only. (It will still tell everyone if the side mission is done or not, but will only tell the winnings to WEST.)

3) FIXED: Ammo boxes, mortar markers, etc are not being removed or updated on map. Something has been broken in the team-marker code. I did see the camp's update on color.

4) FIXED:OPFOR cannot scavange ammo/weapons from corpses, and run out of ammo. when they respawn, they get no new ammo. So by the end of the AO, and all future AO's, they have no ammo. (This appears that if they had some ammo before they died, they would respawn with ammo.. otherwise they would respawn with 0 ammo.)

5) FIXED:OPFOR can see the artillery markers and can hear when they are being called in.

6) FIXED. OPFOR cannot heal each other. Can't confirm if they can revive each other. (Fixed and confirmed for revives. Heals are based on medics.)

7) FIXED:OPFOR can see the Air Drop markers from C130's.

8) Not an IssueTotal deaths - the OPFOR should not be limited by 30 total deaths to be able to continue to play.

9) To be Reviewed:Techincally the OPFOR guys can jump into a D30 and shoot toward the base, etc. Cobrav222 confirmed however that they did not get the option for "Target Artillery" and hence were blind shooting, and have no way to know if they hit anything unless doing direct fire.

10: FIXED: OPFOR commander could drive out of the AO. Theya re now ejected from vehicles once they pass the border, and then teleported back into AO.

Amen to that Brothers...

Great Work Guys

Kalxen & MH6, your work on our Domination is the most impressive I've seen, and I know everyone who plays on our servers notices how well it is done. Thank you both for all your hard work, and Zeno for putting it up.

Playing as OPFOR was probably the most fun I've had with this game. Yes there were bugs a plenty, but it was just ridiculously fun and I'm pretty sure we were laughing the entire time.

We could almost feel the frustration as someone dropped an ammo box right on us and I suddenly had an M107. Not to mention about 5 seconds later we received reinforcements. Great map and mission idea, can't wait to see it in the final release!

Playing as OPFOR was probably the most fun I've had with this game. Yes there were bugs a plenty, but it was just ridiculously fun and I'm pretty sure we were laughing the entire time.

We could almost feel the frustration as someone dropped an ammo box right on us and I suddenly had an M107. Not to mention about 5 seconds later we received reinforcements. Great map and mission idea, can't wait to see it in the final release!

I agree, it was really awsome. I felt like i was running around not doing alot, but I learned a whole bunch and it was really great playing with everyone. You guys are truly code junkies, and it makes the game really awsome so keep up the good work. By the way I put in a good word to Santa for you so you should be getting something good this year....i have some connects....

Ok, map is "finished" to a point where general populace can begin to play on it, and I uploaded it to FTP for Zeno. It is now known as version H, and has all of MH6's OPFOR and the latest of BigDom built in. Thanks to Buzz, Benny, MH6, and Haloelitefor testing it with me over the last week. The only item left for this version is to save the backpack of initial equipment for the OPFOR guys, or give them ammo boxes somewhere so they can replenish ammo if they run completely out.

The H version is running on the Tac dom server, NO passowrd for now,(SPARTA TacDomOpFor) and is available on the normal public server, I will change it over when the population goes down.

GJ guys

Its broken:/

Just jumped into server and it started up when I joined, got in and there is no ammo crate at base, the ammo loader wont load anything into the mhq, i dont have a show status menu anymore and the mhq menu is isnt there. Ive tried leaving and coming back in and its still borked. Flagpole isnt working either.

Edited by Donziboy2