Spartans Home

EMT has an IDEA!!!

EMT~SPARTA~

Alright, so..

I was reading this veeery looong thhread, and it sounds Awesome !!!

Just to recap:

Now you have a way to set a human Commander to the Insurgent forces and drive the enemies, right ?

Do we need to download and add-on to enjoy this mod or is simply server side ?

When is gonna be the desiignated day too enjoy this mod ?

Thanx

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we update the OpFor Com mission (maps are what you play on. Cherno and Utes are maps, Domi is a mission) to use the assets from the TacDom mission, you'll need to download the LittleBirds addon. But that's because there's models/sounds/etc. in there that aren't included with the game. Most of the mission variants are done not with mods, but with scripts that don't require any external assets.

• 1 month later...

this has been some great fun and i know some of you put alot of work into this...

im not sure what it is maybe the added snipers to opfor and the respawn time but it feals to much like a version of pvp now.. i think it would be nice to go back to normal atleast everyoce in awhile...

so i have to ask anyone else feal this way?

*Puts neutral coder/moderator hat on*

Its not hard to add or remove to the East side and we can do what the members feels best. We could also easily go back to vanilla domination, but I somehow doubt it would stay vanilla for long. We have recieved alot of positive feedback on this map, but its good to keep in mind that change isn't always a bad thing if we want to try a new direction. I'm looking forward to Kavlarokos's Utes assault map when its done, and some of Durka's TvT map nights too. I'd love to hear what others think too.

*Puts KalXen hat on*

IMHO -

I kinda find it humorous that it takes just 1-3 humans on opfor side vs the 25-30+ humans on the other to provide enough angst for people. I think this is fed by the only real differences is that you now know that enemy unit tracking you is a player with a name, get told by which unit killed you, and humans do a lot better job than the mindless souls that are sniped on the field (except for Haloelite cuz he's a bad shot.) :) I have seen some people play Opfor commander and lengthen the AO takeover 3-4 hours longer than normal because theya re great tactitians, and I have seen others do nothing. We were bored with the vanilla domination because it was very predictable. Its that flexibility that now keeps us on our toes.

Metrics-wise, if we compared the Death ratio, the East guys are dead most of the time when they try to engage. I think on average the opfor human players have increased the average death count by 1-2 per person on map. Things changed a bit when opfor had an ammobox.

I also believe that the OPFOR commander piece has made our server unique amongst all the other dozens of Domination out there. New players have been showing up and while this is increasing our need to admin, it is also breathing more life into the gameplay and letting us make new friends. In the end, that is the dividend of Sparta - new friends.

(Shaddup Medic, don't o Rly me..)

I kinda find it humorous that it takes just 1-3 humans on opfor side vs the 25-30+ humans on the other to provide enough angst for people.

i have played on the east side and killed 30 people before dieing once, which severley pissed everyone off on the other team, i guess if i was into pvp i would be proud of myself....but im not.

I also believe that the OPFOR commander piece has made our server unique amongst all the other dozens of Domination out there.

i agree its a unique game mode, give credit were credit is due of course... but this is not what has made sparta server popular

the real issue here is the default dom was too easy, it aloud people to rambo around and the op4 commander did help stop this...

being that ace has dealt with some of this, its still in the future for sparta.so how about finding a way to improve the ai in general via scripting .... or just make the mission it self harder..