Spartans Home

EMT has an IDEA!!!

EMT~SPARTA~

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the one time arty... I dont want my ass being blown sky high every time I get close to the AO... On the other hand, it would add realism...

Har har har Durka! OWNAGE is all that would occur if i was commander.

I sure as hell know that it will take a much longer time to take the main AO. Mh6 can you describe what it was like to command an army? Can you tell them to take logical cover? I mean i know you can tell them to hold fire...and fire at will.. but im talking about taking actual cover. And telling them to do something intelligent

I agree with the one time arty... I dont want my ass being blown sky high every time I get close to the AO... On the other hand, it would add realism...

Har har har Durka! OWNAGE is all that would occur if i was commander.

I sure as hell know that it will take a much longer time to take the main AO. Mh6 can you describe what it was like to command an army? Can you tell them to take logical cover? I mean i know you can tell them to hold fire...and fire at will.. but im talking about taking actual cover. And telling them to do something intelligent

The High Command module is pretty simple. While you can't order them to take cover, you can give them waypoints, and set all the usual attributes of said waypoints, i.e. move/seek&destroy/guard, safe/combat/stealth/aware, etc. You can also time them, i.e. wait at WP#2 until 10m have passed, then continue on to WP#3 which is a Seek and Destroy waypoint...

So HC makes it easy to co-ordinate simultaneous, large scale assaults, but it could still use a little work. Good starting point though.

If you want a taste of what it would be like, play the High Command tutorial in Boot Camp.

Or if you'd rather, I can send you the Domination map I modified, which lets you control an AI army and assault the enemy towns. (I've done this many times already...it's pretty fun)

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

CaptainBravo built something similar to all this.

Thread here

Needs the Blackops addon here.

Coming holidays and family to-dos have kept me at bay for the last few days, but I'm hoping for a little time soon. Maybe right now would be a good time.

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~

The way this game works the Enemy commander will lose every time, since the western force has infinite respawn and the enemy force is finite (apart from the reinforcements)

Given this a solution could be that if the friendly deaths exceed the AI deaths the AI commander is deemed to have won.

a more complicated solution is to limit the max number of deaths to say 100 per town.

Anyway just some food for thought

I agree, Its not who wins, its about the experience. If im commander, I dont care if i win, I just want to give yall a run for your money. Oh of course the bragging rights. Like I pwned you. Or... I dominated you. THen come onto the forums and brag some more that I dominated y'all

:lol: i must say though i do actually like Zenos idea that the friendlies could actually lose in Dom - or at least points scored to the lone Commander for inflicting damage on friendlies.

so friendlies will win overall but a Commander could still have 'wins' ingame.

whatever is easiest and works - i would love to see friendlies plan an attack only to be obliterated by the genius of a lone Commander.

bring it on!

i would love to see friendlies plan an attack only to be obliterated by the genius of a lone Commander.

Sometimes the AI manages to do this, isn't that what 'everyone respawn at base' is? <_<

This idea sounds very interesting. It'd be cool if the commander could move stuff around and put it up on/in buildings. Done a few missions like that and got my butt kicked. Realized it was because I was so used to dom where they're just standing in the front yard. Got lazy and wasn't scanning the roof tops like we should, doh.

All this talk and no play? C'mon now, let's try it and see what happens. The Blackops addon is 135megs, so get downloading. It's also signed, so whomever has access should get the addon and Captain Bravo's mission installed on one of the server's, and let's have at it!

If it sucks, end of discussion.

All this talk and no play? C'mon now, let's try it and see what happens. The Blackops addon is 135megs, so get downloading. It's also signed, so whomever has access should get the addon and Captain Bravo's mission installed on one of the server's, and let's have at it!

If it sucks, end of discussion.

This is not a No Action Talk Only group. A test server running MH6s version of domination has been up and running for several hours. It just needs a few people to get on at the same time, I reckon it will draw first blood when 'mericans get in this evening.

This is not a No Action Talk Only group. A test server running MH6s version of domination has been up and running for several hours. It just needs a few people to get on at the same time, I reckon it will draw first blood when 'mericans get in this evening.

Ha, really? There's a water main break in town, Gov't & schools are closed and I'm working at home. Good then, I'll be on shortly. Shag work.

GREAT SUCCESS!!! I love it so far... MUCH MUCH MUCH HARDER...

Halo was commander and it was difficult to get anywhere, Well it was just me and 2 other people, but the ai seemed to always be on my flanks and outnumber us ... Massive amount of AI all at once.

sounds like we have a winner then - any chance of doing this for tacdom?

We'll be running it for TacDom as soon as MH6 & Kalxen get some bugs fixed, which I think ar minor. I want to say thanks to EMT for bringing this idea up. We have lots of suggestions to make our server better. Some work, some don't. This one looks like it works really well.

Last nights beta was a great success. It has a few more bugs to work out but might be possible for Friday (MH6 made a bunch of fixes last night). The Opfor commander adds a slight feel of TVT to Dom and adds a LOT to the enemy skills. It is so abnormally cool for the enemy to break tactics and head slightly out of the AO to attack the MHQ or actively engage us. I like this addition alot.

I am going to finish up a few tweaks on version 'f' of BigDom and give it to MH6 to incorporate this new code. Given the right controls, it wouldn't matter to me if anyone played the Opfor commander given the limitations built in.