Spartans Home

EMT has an IDEA!!!

EMT~SPARTA~

If anyone is wondering and hasn't tried, the opfor commander CAN send AO forces to Blufor HQ. As an experiment, I sent the lot of 'em, about 50 squads, to the airfield. Most made it.

That makes me wonder, someone please confirm the following AO success objectives for blufor?

Destroy Radio tower

Capture 3x camps

Destroy secondary objective (more like a second primary, since it is still a completion objective)

Kill all opfor, less 5 infantry.

Is the last one to kill all opfor IN the ao, or kill all opfor that SPAWNED WITH the ao, or both?

Comments if based on killing all SPAWNED AO.

A commander could easily take a couple UAZs and run them to some hidden corner, leaving blufor to hunt for the last stragglers across the map. This is unfair for AO completion.

I like the flexibility to send squads outside of the AO to attack blufor hq, intercept convoys, harass vehicle stations, etc, but if AO success is dependent on killing all that spawned, then there needs to be a control to prevent AI from leaving the AO radius.

If not that option, is there a way for the game to monitor opfor locations within the AO radius, so that if they leave, then they are no longer part of the Blufor's success parameters?

If opfor troops return to the AO, I don't know if they should then be reintegrated into the success parameters.

Reintegrating introduces another unfair exploit, where a commander could position forces just outside of the AO, wait until blufor is in the center of town, then have them cross back in when blufor thinks the town is clear. Potentially exploiting the AO radius is what I don't like. (I.e, if the town is clear-it's clear...secondary attacks from reinforcements after-the-fact are to either RE-take the town or harrass Blufor w/o interfering with the AO objective success.

I would support reintegrating controllable squads if it counted as one of the blufor-defend objectives that popup every so often, but I don't think the opfor commander can dictate those triggers.

:D

I was playing less because dom had grown too redundant on the Chernarus map. After trying it yesterday, the opfor commander business has completely refreshed the domination game mode for me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, Im glad this new Dom is getting y'all back into the spirit of DOMINATION! It is a blast. Just dont over complicate it, and it should stay fun.

Since there were still bugs in it, i could see where all of you were with player names... Poor delta... I sent 6 squands and 2 bmps straight towards him. And CEECHOW... I sent 2 t-90s straight down the road at him.

Hint: Sending tanks down main roads will get them to intended location much faster.

Now I understand y'all changed the difficulty basically? From 8 to 6? I think we should leave it on 8. I feel if you put it on 6, the AOs' will be taken over too fast. Part of the fun is having so many people shoot at you, and if they suck so bad that its like a turkey shoot all over again, then the fun meter will slowly go down. I could be wrong, could make it amazing.

If anyone is wondering and hasn't tried, the opfor commander CAN send AO forces to Blufor HQ. As an experiment, I sent the lot of 'em, about 50 squads, to the airfield. Most made it.

No longer possible. You can no longer send troops more than 250m outside the AO (may increase to 500m). So you can still hunt down the MHQ, but can't attack anything. Commander should be defending, after all.

Now I understand y'all changed the difficulty basically? From 8 to 6? I think we should leave it on 8. I feel if you put it on 6, the AOs' will be taken over too fast. Part of the fun is having so many people shoot at you, and if they suck so bad that its like a turkey shoot all over again, then the fun meter will slowly go down. I could be wrong, could make it amazing.

AI skill is random, between 7 and 10, instead of 8 and 10. Doubt the change will be noticeable.

Edit: Revised map is live on the server now. Many fixes and updates.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

No longer possible. You can no longer send troops more than 250m outside the AO (may increase to 500m). So you can still hunt down the MHQ, but can't attack anything. Commander should be defending, after all.

Good fix, thanks.

What does it take for the opfor commander to see blufor squads on the map? EMT and I (blufor) found yesterday with Haleoite (op-comm) that Haleo couldn't see our blufor squad icon on the map, even after we had engaged some of his troops. He didn't even know that a squad was gone after engagement.

I wouldn't expect the blufor squad symbol to show if we sneak up and AT a tank, but the commander needs some way to know which of his troops are in the shit (auto radio messages from SLs, similar to 'enemy spotted' w/in squads on blufor?) If some means exists, lemme' know.

Good fix, thanks.

What does it take for the opfor commander to see blufor squads on the map? EMT and I (blufor) found yesterday with Haleoite (op-comm) that Haleo couldn't see our blufor squad icon on the map, even after we had engaged some of his troops. He didn't even know that a squad was gone after engagement.

I wouldn't expect the blufor squad symbol to show if we sneak up and AT a tank, but the commander needs some way to know which of his troops are in the shit (auto radio messages from SLs, similar to 'enemy spotted' w/in squads on blufor?) If some means exists, lemme' know.

As far as I know, they show up if a ground troop can see them, but I haven't tested it too thoroughly.

Visibility of enemy is based on Line of sight, hearing, and engagement (is it shooting at me or my squadmates). All of these factors go into an integer value to every unit against every other player/squad. It starts at 0 ( no knowledge) to 4 (totally aware). The value has a decay of 50% every 120 seconds until it drops to 0 again. You automatically get a 4 of all your own squad in regular mode allowing you to see people on map, but a 0 on veteran mode.

When the enemy is engaged, this number jumps to 1.5. If you keep shooting at them, the number raises up to 4 and they have told all their buddies about you and they keep track of you beyond the mountain.

The MC is basically not in the same radio channel as the squads and doesn't share the same level of info it appears. It would have to be manually forced.

Did you fix the SWTFJH bug?? Its a KILLER!

This happens every once in a while (usually when Halli decides to ride along in my chopper damit)...and for no real reason,...the chopper explodes.

Now, the only thing I can see in common, is that we're usually tooling along nice and smooth (Halli gets pissed if I'm doing loops and rolls), nice and steady over the active AO, in broad daylight and typically right over the ZSU's and WHAMMO...it happens.

The dam thing just EXPLODES...WTF

Oh...and I generally hear what sounds like a bunch of bugs hitting the windshield right before we go up in smoke...if that helps.

....BTW....SWTFJH stands for (Stang!...What the F!@K Just Happened???)

I know your busy but any help is really appreciated

:bleh:

Yes. I fixed everything, as far as I know.
Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

Visibility of enemy is based on Line of sight, hearing, and engagement (is it shooting at me or my squadmates). All of these factors go into an integer value to every unit against every other player/squad. It starts at 0 ( no knowledge) to 4 (totally aware). The value has a decay of 50% every 120 seconds until it drops to 0 again. You automatically get a 4 of all your own squad in regular mode allowing you to see people on map, but a 0 on veteran mode.

When the enemy is engaged, this number jumps to 1.5. If you keep shooting at them, the number raises up to 4 and they have told all their buddies about you and they keep track of you beyond the mountain.

The MC is basically not in the same radio channel as the squads and doesn't share the same level of info it appears. It would have to be manually forced.

Good detail, thanks. Although the MC isn't in the same proverbial 'radio channel' as the AI squads, blufor squads will show in high command given some criteria. Is that when the AI squad awareness reaches 4 only?

This was alot of fun last night. Sorry i lost net connection half way through though. I was with chee chow when those tanks rolled up on us, INTENSE!!! Overall I felt way more pressure. The enemies moved into the trees right around the MHQ; spawning in there, knowing there were peppered all through the trees, was scary as hell. There was way more enemies on us than usual, more numbers and power packed into smaller areas. Dealing with 2 tanks + infantry when its just you and one other dude on the high ground is redonkulously awesome. The commander made me feel like I was being hunted rather than the other way around.

I don't know much about the op-for commander's options, but i think it would be really awesome to have some sort of last stand option. If the op-for commander wishes, he can rally all his remaining troops to the last objective for an epic finish to an AO. As I said not sure what all options he has, but making one objective that would normally be a walk in the park, super difficult on the fly, that would make blu-for command deal with some interesting conditions.

AWESOME WORK! Can't wait to do this again.

It was really fun yesterday. Very refreshing.

However i was surprised by reaction time of opfor. It took about 3 second for opfor to start shooting at me after firing SMAW and around 5s to drop arty on me. I think little unrealistic.

From tactical point of view this kind of play enforce tighter cooperation between squadies and less rambo style playing.

You just cant play other way or your "life" ends very fast.

All this things i learn watching Halli during tac fridays pay off and make sense now ;-)

As for small improvements.It would be nice if Opfor commander cannot see Blueforce markers on the map (special arty markers)

GREAT SUCCESS!!! I love it so far... MUCH MUCH MUCH HARDER...

Halo was commander and it was difficult to get anywhere, Well it was just me and 2 other people, but the ai seemed to always be on my flanks and outnumber us ... Massive amount of AI all at once.

MUhahahahaha great fun that was and dai-san panic rizzla and skeletele played after and they had a tough time too i save the armour for last and rushed them with it, they said it was a like a great monster coming with all the trees being knocked down great fun breaths new life into the game.

MUhahahahaha great fun that was and dai-san panic rizzla and skeletele played after and they had a tough time too i save the armour for last and rushed them with it, they said it was a like a great monster coming with all the trees being knocked down great fun breaths new life into the game.

This game type is great fun, to be honest I was finding the Domination game was becoming a bit stale, same shit different day type of thing.

This mode REALLY changes the whole dynamic of the game, it is much more my cup of tea. It really is shoot and scoot. If you come under fire, either finish the firefight quickly and move on or break contact asap because you can guarantee that the OPFOR commander (once he knows where you are) is gonna whup your ass.

Seriously, if we use this in TAC Dom night then the plans will need a TOTAL rethink. If we treat it like a normal night then it will be painful :(

Haloelite... it really was like a scene out of King Kong, all you could see were trees falling like bowling pins as this roaring monster bore down on us <_<

Great idea EMT I don't think I've ever seen such a positive response in a gaming forum thread from such a wide variety of ppl.

It looks like ppl think this makes the game much more realistic allways a holy grail for ppl like us.

Haloelite... it really was like a scene out of King Kong, all you could see were trees falling like bowling pins as this roaring monster bore down on us <_<

funniest time i even had dai-san maybe i can do that again so if you see no armour for a while you have been warned :D

I echo the comments about this adding a lot to the game, it is a great new challenge! Thank you to everyone who puts in the hard work to make this possible.

Seriously, if we use this in TAC Dom night then the plans will need a TOTAL rethink. If we treat it like a normal night then it will be painful :(

+1, we already saw this a few times last tac night, we did our usual "Ok now it's quiet, let me think for a minute" and got flanked every time.

LOL, when i heard it coming, I ran straight into the forest where I sniped Kalxen while he was riding a bicycle :) Right after you told him to be careful. Its hard to move around when the Blu-for knows where you are at. Especially since you have to scavenge for your weapons... I sniped someone in an AA Hummer... Only way I could of made it out of that situation alive.